Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
No problem. Worthless post for worthless thread. :headbang::headbonk:
I wouldn't call it worthless. There was a direct question asked, and answered by other members and by myself. Because there was factual data being shared there had to be someone to muddy the waters...that is just forum life.

The fact remains that we are the only vendor that is in this thread that sells their own tuning. We are not a tuning vendor for another vendor that is a vendor for another vendor. We are a one stop shop. From tuners to thermostats we have everything that you need.

There, lies the difference. We do not need other vendors with a vested interest to come into a thread and defend our tuning. Our clients do that for us. People that of their own free will choose to use our products and services.

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
I wouldn't call it worthless. There was a direct question asked, and answered by other members and by myself. Because there was factual data being shared there had to be someone to muddy the waters...that is just forum life.

The fact remains that we are the only vendor that is in this thread that sells their own tuning. We are not a tuning vendor for another vendor that is a vendor for another vendor. We are a one stop shop. From tuners to thermostats we have everything that you need.

There, lies the difference. We do not need other vendors with a vested interest to come into a thread and defend our tuning. Our clients do that for us. People that of their own free will choose to use our products and services.
I kinda will have to agree with this here. I ordered the lund tune from beefcake because there was a huge hype about it in this forum a few months ago. Although I had no initial complaints with the tune, after a few weeks i discovered some knock and emailed beefcake about it. He was quick to answer me, saying that 'the tune he sent is perfect but if i still feel the issue then i should send the datalogs to Lund directly.'

That kinda put me off because the vendor took no responsibility at helping me. If i had to end up going to lund directly for assessing my data logs and tunes then why shouldn't everyone just buy it from the lund racing website itself LOL?

Apart from all that, I am happy with the Lund tune, i have not tried the livernois tune but im kinda leaning towards it now with all the good things im getting to hear about it.

Sponsored

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
Livernois & Intake, never looked back since :)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I kinda will have to agree with this here. I ordered the lund tune from beefcake because there was a huge hype about it in this forum a few months ago. Although I had no initial complaints with the tune, after a few weeks i discovered some knock and emailed beefcake about it. He was quick to answer me, saying that 'the tune he sent is perfect but if i still feel the issue then i should send the datalogs to Lund directly.'

That kinda put me off because the vendor took no responsibility at helping me. If i had to end up going to lund directly for assessing my data logs and tunes then why shouldn't everyone just buy it from the lund racing website itself LOL?

Apart from all that, I am happy with the Lund tune, i have not tried the livernois tune but im kinda leaning towards it now with all the good things im getting to hear about it.
We are around 8am to 10pm seven days a week to assist and give answers.

If the car is knocking, it is a fuel quality issue, plain and simple. For tune revisions Lund has a "ticket system", their ticket system allows them to keep a running tab on every inquiry, comment, revision on a particular vehicle.

In this case, their is no responsibility to be taken in the respect, that if i email lund, and say, customer has knock on the car, he will say "have the customer open a ticket and send logs in"

The benefit to ordering from us, is that I can give you an immediate response on the best way to handle an issue, or, if their was something i could do on my end, do it or recommend something. For example if we discussed something I felt could be a vacuum leak, or a bad 02 sensor, for example. I could give a recommendation on that. And you'll usually get a response in 5-10 minutes from contacting us.

I like to think that we try to go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations, and i apologize if you felt like you didn't get the attention you needed. We have been doing this a long time wiht lund, and that is the direction / response that was needed for your particular situation.

Never hesitate to call, email or pm with a question

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Bumped for a question, and not to continue a debate.

It seems to me that Lund does not continue to "tweak" or offer updated versions of their tunes. Basically what you get, is all you get. Is this correct?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Bumped for a question, and not to continue a debate.

It seems to me that Lund does not continue to "tweak" or offer updated versions of their tunes. Basically what you get, is all you get. Is this correct?
That's not true at all. Lund Racing offers datalogging review and will make changes if needed. It's as simple as opening a support ticket with them for a tune review/update.

Lund Racing's nGauges are on sale today and tomorrow exclusively here at Lethal Performance so if you're looking at getting one with a custom tune it's a great time to save some $$$.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
That's not true at all. Lund Racing offers datalogging review and will make changes if needed. It's as simple as opening a support ticket with them for a tune review/update.
I guess what i bolded is what i am not clear on. What would classify as "needed" or not? Livernois offers updated versions to their 93 tune (3 since i have started researching) plus added "Sport versions".

What i want to know is, will Lund make changes based on what I want (more throttle response - less torque management...etc) or is there a limit to what they are willing to do to their base tune?

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Personally, I don't care if Lund tuned cars are the fastest across Ford platforms in terms of record times. It doesn't automatically guarantee their etunes are the best, and there are too many confounding variables to claim the tune is the key differentiator.

Lund is doing the best marketing on this forum (thru vendors), and serving as a cheap, volume-based, solution, but they don't hands down make the most power and run the fastest times for the average application on this site. They're like a Bama for the S197's ... maybe a little more aggressive, but a similar strategy and a lot of hype. Given their volume model, it's safer to send out mild tunes. Seems that there are multiple parties doing revisions as well. The tunes will run well enough, and they're cheap, and for most people that's enough ... until they're almost FBO and can't shake a stock 6th gen. Camaro SS.

If people want to compare, post a Lund log and a Livernois log.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Personally, I don't care if Lund tuned cars are the fastest across Ford platforms in terms of record times. It doesn't automatically guarantee their etunes are the best, and there are too many confounding variables to claim the tune is the key differentiator.

Lund is doing the best marketing on this forum (thru vendors), and serving as a cheap, volume-based, solution, but they don't hands down make the most power and run the fastest times for the average application on this site. They're like a Bama for the S197's ... maybe a little more aggressive, but a similar strategy and a lot of hype. Given their volume model, it's safer to send out mild tunes. Seems that there are multiple parties doing revisions as well. The tunes will run well enough, and they're cheap, and for most people that's enough ... until they're almost FBO and can't shake a stock 6th gen. Camaro SS.

Livernois and Lund are both the same in this regard. I have finally decided to go the Lund route since they offer a better tuning device and are able to remote tune. Both of these are clear advantages to the Lund Tune, and are undebatable.

IMO Livernois likes to talk up their product while suggesting that other products are inferior with very little evidence to support the claims.

In some threads like this one that strategy seems to work very well, in others they get called out on it the thread gets derailed fairly quickly.

Terry I sent you an email an hour or so ago regarding the nGauge, hopefully there is a lot of truth in that 7am-10pm 7 days a week statement. :)

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
:lol:
Lund is doing the best marketing ......They're like a Bama for the S197's ... maybe a little more aggressive, but a similar strategy and a lot of hype. Given their volume model, it's safer to send out mild tunes.

Ouch he said lund is like BAMA. :eyebulge: That's messed up :lol:
Sponsored