rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hello,
I’m looking for a quality set of lugs for my 2020 GT PP1. The set of black lugs I bought when I changed my stock wheels out for a set of Forgestar CF5’s, are now completely rusted out because the finish started coming off the moment I put a wrench on them. I guess I went cheap, so I’m willing to spend more this time around if I can find a quality set. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, I assume the factory 14 X 1.5mm size will work ok with my wheels? Thanks!

jeff
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gorilla

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Gorilla for the win. 14x1.5, because they're going on the stock studs, but you'll need to know whether your wheels need the stock 60° acorn bulge or the narrower 60° "tuner" nuts.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Gorilla for the win. 14x1.5, because they're going on the stock studs, but you'll need to know whether your wheels need the stock 60° acorn bulge or the narrower 60° "tuner" nuts.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Gorilla it is! Found a pretty good deal at CJPony Parts, here's the listing I purchased from:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla-lug-nut-kit-duplex-small-diameter-mustang/p/WHLLN94/

I'm guessing these will work with my Forgestar CF5 wheels? Right under the photo under "Features and Benefits," It specifically says they're for aftermarket wheels and not for OEM. It also says they offer more seating surface than traditional "Tuner" lug nuts. It sounds like these can be used in place of the "tuner" style nuts? What do you think Farkel? Thanks again.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Gorilla it is! Found a pretty good deal at CJPony Parts, here's the listing I purchased from:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla-lug-nut-kit-duplex-small-diameter-mustang/p/WHLLN94/

I'm guessing these will work with my Forgestar CF5 wheels? Right under the photo under "Features and Benefits," It specifically says they're for aftermarket wheels and not for OEM. It also says they offer more seating surface than traditional "Tuner" lug nuts. It sounds like these can be used in place of the "tuner" style nuts? What do you think Farkel? Thanks again.
That’s what my SVE wheels came with, the tuner style Gorilla lugs. Not many of the aftermarket wheels work with the stock size lugs so you should be good. Just do a test fit off the car with one of the wheels. You’ll know if it’s too narrow. You can also try on car, it won’t seat properly if it’s too small.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That’s what my SVE wheels came with, the tuner style Gorilla lugs. Not many of the aftermarket wheels work with the stock size lugs so you should be good. Just do a test fit off the car with one of the wheels. You’ll know if it’s too narrow. You can also try on car, it won’t seat properly if it’s too small.
Sorry I'm so clueless, can you go into a bit more detail on how I'll know if they seat properly or not? Are you saying once I get them all on and snug them, I'll have some wheel wobble if they're not a proper fit? And also not sure what you mean by checking with a wheel off the car? Again, sorry I'm so clueless!!

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
'm guessing these will work with my Forgestar CF5 wheels?
The lugs you referenced are offered for sale at the Forgestar site. But for the CF5 wheel, I didn't notice any specific lug recommendations.

Someone with the CF5s might respond. But if not, I'd call or email Forgestar to confirm.

If they do recommend the K5TS-14150BGR kit, as others have said, they're great lugs.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sorry I'm so clueless, can you go into a bit more detail on how I'll know if they seat properly or not? Are you saying once I get them all on and snug them, I'll have some wheel wobble if they're not a proper fit? And also not sure what you mean by checking with a wheel off the car? Again, sorry I'm so clueless!!
So, the cone of the lug nut (the end with the threads) should fit flush in the wheel. Easy to check with the wheel off the car, here’s my stock wheels (winter set) with the Gorilla factory-style lug nut. The acorn fills the seating area in the wheel and is perfectly flat against the wheel.

IMG_2966.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I use tuner nuts on my Ford daily wheels. Just because the OEM seat is larger doesn't mean the smaller tuner nuts won't work.

Obviously you couldn't use the OEM nuts on a tuner wheel.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

Hi, Jeff.
Yes, those will work. However, I prefer these -
https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...h0jXz9s4hngkHZaE06SALQQjHQRRbrOoaAhW1EALw_wcB

I have had bad experiences with careless people ruining splined lug nuts by not paying enough attention to the alignment of the splines when hitting them with an impact wrench, so I prefer the traditional hex style. These come with a 3/4" thin-walled socket, but a 19mm works fine, too. They are also .6" shorter than the ones you listed, so they don't stick out of the holes in the wheels.

Hope this helps.
--Marc

Edit: And they cost a lot less!
Sponsored

Last edited: