Sponsored

Lowering springs made specifically for GTPP shocks?

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
Hey all I was just wondering if there's a lowering spring out there that works well with the factory GTPP shocks. I know ok some other cars I've lowered once I put the springs on the stock struts it ruined the ride and vastly decreased the life of the shock/strut. My car is a daily but I'm just looking for a lower and more aggressive look
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all I was just wondering if there's a lowering spring out there that works well with the factory GTPP shocks. I know ok some other cars I've lowered once I put the springs on the stock struts it ruined the ride and vastly decreased the life of the shock/strut. My car is a daily but I'm just looking for a lower and more aggressive look
BMR SP080s :).

Steeda progressives are another option that work quite well with the PP dampers.

OP
OP

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
BMR SP080s :).

Steeda progressives are another option that work quite well with the PP dampers.
Hm I was reading the stickied thread about the linear vs progressive springs and I think I'd like to stick with linears. You don't think there would be any problem with running 25 mm wheel spacers would you? Looking at CJPP for those as they seem to be a great value.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hm I was reading the stickied thread about the linear vs progressive springs and I think I'd like to stick with linears. You don't think there would be any problem with running 25 mm wheel spacers would you? Looking at CJPP for those as they seem to be a great value.
They will make the front wheels sit flush with the fender and the rears will poke just a wee bit. If going with those spacers I'd go with the SP089 min drop (still 7/8" drop) fronts and SP082 rears (same as in the SP080 kit). The 089/082 combo looks killer.

OP
OP

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
They will make the front wheels sit flush with the fender and the rears will poke just a wee bit. If going with those spacers I'd go with the SP089 min drop (still 7/8" drop) fronts and SP082 rears (same as in the SP080 kit). The 089/082 combo looks killer.
Thanks for the suggestion! The minimum drop fronts also might work well so as that my long tubes won't bottom out everything

Sponsored

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
try and get your hands on some 23mm spacers for the rear to tuck in the rears just a tad more. I'm running BMR sp080 springs and motorsport tech 23/25 mm spacers
UUPZ1282.jpg

OP
OP

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
try and get your hands on some 23mm spacers for the rear to tuck in the rears just a tad more. I'm running BMR sp080 springs and motorsport tech 23/25 mm spacers
Oh good call I didn't even know they had 23 mm spacers. Car looks great on that setup!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh good call I didn't even know they had 23 mm spacers. Car looks great on that setup!
With that drop there's pretty much no gap between tire and well when looking from the side. With the 089 fronts it's pretty much identical to the rear.

OP
OP

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
With that drop there's pretty much no gap between tire and well when looking from the side. With the 089 fronts it's pretty much identical to the rear.
Okay that's a good point of reference. I think I am gonna go with the 089/082 front/rear setup

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay that's a good point of reference. I think I am gonna go with the 089/082 front/rear setup
Here's what you can expect with the PP wheels:

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Loud 5.0

Loud 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Looking at CJPP for those as they seem to be a great value.
I have the CJPP springs with stock PP Suspension. Here is a side shot of mine. I am very happy with them and ride quality feels superb

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I only have the BMR SP089s up front and love it. Gets rid of the reverse rake, takes the float out of the front, and rides better than stock. Lowered my front 11/16" so you can still drive it normally going over speed bumps and in and out of the driveway.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Progressive work extremely well with the P/P Struts and Shocks.]

With exceptional ride quality! :cheers:
steeda-s550-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-white-gt.jpg
NEW PIC.jpg

stang-man

Threads