Lost Clutch

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Sorry that had to be autocorrect. I've been looking at too many throwout bearings to not know the spelling. Even this being my first trans pull, I got people around to help, watched a video and have access to ProDemand and feel confident. I really love these S550s and plan on working them a lot, so might as well start.

Thanks everyone again on the input about the used clutch. I completely agree and never thought I'd go used.
Now to decide which clutch. Car is currently FBO but plan on going ESS supercharger. Probably no more than 800hp.
Put a twin disc in it. Using a single disc with a high clamp force, puts unecessary load on the hydraulics because of the increased pressure plate spring force, which can damage the master or slave cylinder. Always replace the slave cylinder/throw out bearing assembly when replacing the clutch. I had the SPEC Super twin SS on my 2017 gt. Stock like pedal effort, billet pressure plate, will hold 800 hp all day.

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/spec-sf50sst-2/
Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
If you plan on that much HP then the Exedy Mach 500 won‘t be the “recommended” clutch. Plenty of good clutch info on others threads as well. Homework is a critical part. Who am I kidding, I never listened to any of my teachers regarding homework. 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
slimcoyote550

slimcoyote550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
If you plan on that much HP then the Exedy Mach 500 won‘t be the “recommended” clutch. Plenty of good clutch info on others threads as well. Homework is a critical part. Who am I kidding, I never listened to any of my teachers regarding homework. 🤣🤣🤣
Was thinking about a McLeod RST or RXT. Saw mentions of the engagement point in the pedal being high which I would not like.
I see a lot of recommendations for Vengeance, maybe Stage 1 or 2? I also like LethalPerformance and shop there before.
The used clutch was supposedly a LPXHD kit, maybe try a new LPX or LPXHD kit?
I doubt I'll track the car that seriously, but will boost it, so figuring out how much do I want to overkill on the clutch.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
My suggestion is take in ask much information as you can on the various threads, so much good info out there. Call McLeod & Excedy and others and get their opinion and ask plenty of questions. When you start getting into better clutches you want to know what you are getting into including how the clutch feels and what you are willing to accept, as you already mentioned. Don’t rush your decision.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Don't look back.
Exedy ET05SRFD - 2011-17 Mustang 5.0L Organic 23 Teeth 8 Bolt Twin Disc Clutch
comes with flywheel,

Sponsored

OP
OP
slimcoyote550

slimcoyote550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a brand new thread to ask this question.
I believe I will be getting a Vengeance Stage 2 Clutch Kit. Lethal Performance seems to be one of the better/reliable sites.
They offer an extended warranty, which on papers sounds like a good idea, but maybe for a clutch, I feel like it's very situational on whether or not they will warranty it out.
Is it worth it to get an extended warranty on an aftermarket clutch?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a brand new thread to ask this question.
I believe I will be getting a Vengeance Stage 2 Clutch Kit. Lethal Performance seems to be one of the better/reliable sites.
They offer an extended warranty, which on papers sounds like a good idea, but maybe for a clutch, I feel like it's very situational on whether or not they will warranty it out.
Is it worth it to get an extended warranty on an aftermarket clutch?
Imo no.
Sponsored