Sponsored

Long tubes and stock exhaust

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
I dont know exact numbers but the midrange HP and Torque are noticeably better than before.
Sponsored

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
1500$ better?
For those who care, I had two quotes, $950 and $750.
In the end I did it myself for $70 and taking my time about 12 hours, blindly. Easy but time consuming. Pick your poison.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i got my headers installed at a shop for $375

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
For those who care, I had two quotes, $950 and $750.
In the end I did it myself for $70 and taking my time about 12 hours, blindly. Easy but time consuming. Pick your poison.
Plus that satisfaction of doing it yourself!! :clap2:

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
1500$ better?
Absolutely, power and torque is better throughout the rpm band..I would rather spend the money on the lth than $1300 for a catback exhaust that maybe..just maybe, gets 5 peak horsepower...with my discount i spent only a few bucks more for the lth and enjoying the boost in torque and horsepower rather than only "sounding" like my car makes power.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Plus that satisfaction of doing it yourself!! :clap2:
I wish I could have done the install myself, just did not have the time to spend doing it myself...more specifically, I only had my car and needed to be able to drive it to pick up my kids from school, etc....so I had to rent a car and have mine installed at a shop so my car wouldnt be out of commission for two or three days.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Absolutely, power and torque is better throughout the rpm band..I would rather spend the money on the lth than $1300 for a catback exhaust that maybe..just maybe, gets 5 peak horsepower...with my discount i spent only a few bucks more for the lth and enjoying the boost in torque and horsepower rather than only "sounding" like my car makes power.
Did you do any dyno or 1/4 mile comparisons after installing the LTH?

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I hear ya. I did the catback first so I didn't void the warranty for almost 2 years. Sounded great while keeping the warranty intact. Having PP2 installed today and have about 10k miles left with a warranty again. When that warranty is up I'll get LTH and change out the Extreme axle back for the Touring axle back, get a tuner and then a tune for the upgraded parts/exhaust.

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I wish I could have done the install myself, just did not have the time to spend doing it myself...more specifically, I only had my car and needed to be able to drive it to pick up my kids from school, etc....so I had to rent a car and have mine installed at a shop so my car wouldnt be out of commission for two or three days.
My long tubes took about 6 hours to install by myself on jack stands. It's not a bad install but just time consuming. You're absolutely correct that the long tubes give much more power than cat back though.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
My long tubes took about 6 hours to install by myself on jack stands. It's not a bad install but just time consuming. You're absolutely correct that the long tubes give much more power than cat back though.
Dang that's fast! I could prob shorten my time some now that I know what to do. And you're right about satisfaction, I feel a lot more comfortable working on my car now.

I ran 12.85 @112.5 with JLT, custom Dyno tune and borla atak. Same track a year later and similar conditions I ran 12.615 @ 114.78 with Lund mail order tune(93 octane), JLT, stock catback and KOOKS catless 1-3/4 LT's. My car is a 16 Premium 19" wheels 3:55 gear manual trans. 1/2 tank of gas, optional spare tire in trunk.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody do a dyno run... stock GT headers, cats, stock exhaust vs Long tubes, cats, stock exhaust? Would like to see the ACTUAL gains. All dyno runs I've seen, somewhere the stock exhaust/muffs have been replaced or it's running cat deletes. Thanks.
Still waiting.

I read it's like 8hp w/ stock catback. Add 10hp with cat delete. Another 3hp or 4hp with aftermarket catback. So total that's almost 94 bucks / horsepower. :crazy:

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Once my warranty is done or about done i want to add long tube headers. I want the sound to be deep but not excessively loud. I currently have Corsa Extreme's. I like the sound most of the time but on a few times it's a little louder than i want.

I know once i add LT headers the Extreme mufflers are out. How does LT headers sound with the stock exhaust? How is LT headers with Corsa Touring mufflers?

Any recomendations on what long tube headers to go with? I'm looking for quality and ease of fitment.
Will headers void your warranty?

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Just so someone else doesn’t do the same mistake I did. If you go longtubes with factory pipes at anytime, or even factory connect. It’s much wiser and cheaper in long run to just wait and change the whole exhaust while there so you can delete the 2.25inch restrictive couplers. The only way to do this is with the lth’s with performance connect, if anyone knows any other way of deleting it with a mid pipe ext, please let me kno. I want to retain my connection points as well so welding in a bigger pipe is a no go. Seems like there would be a huge market for a mid pipe that gets rid of that bottle neck connection, rather than spending thousands on l/Ty’s and new cat back..🤷‍♂️
Sponsored