• GT350

• GT500

Results are only viewable after voting.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I’ve owned both. GT350 is best looking and best sounding mustang ever in my opinion. That said, GT500 is my choice

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Read post fifteen.
Look, we aren't going to agree. But, reading that post, he said what I did. Failed at the track, as EVERY motor running at or near redline will do.

What is interesting, my friend just blew up his M1. Less than 20k on the clock (2nd one I know of personally). It's not more reliable. And I wouldn't expect it to be, as the car spent a majority of it's life at redline. Track cars fail. That is just what they do.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Comes down to personal preference. Both are amazing cars with a different concept. The Voodoo reliability issues spooked me from getting a GT350. I played it (relatively) safe with a Mach 1. I will always have a soft spot for the GT350 and part of me regrets not having owned one. Sound and character are exceptional. The Gt500 is an absolute beast and less appealing to me personally, though it is excellent in its won way.

Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Where I'm at I see 2-3 GT350's a week. However, it's real event when I see a GT500 on the road. There's an unmistakable presence about the GT500 and for that reason alone it gets my vote.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
The kids won't be embarrassed. Not even a little. When I brought my 11th/12th grader to school in either the 350 or the 500, everyone of those kids were ogling, even the principal and the cop guarding the students.

That being said, probably the 350. Gas mileage, weight, simpler maintenance since it's natural aspirated. But it's not a landslide. I appreciate both sides of this coin.

Last edited:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
The fact that the voting is so close shows how unique and different the GT350 and GT500 really are.... they are both extremely special cars in their own right.

I'm still of the opinion that asking someone to choose is like asking which of their two kids they like better....

Each kid is going to have their own unique qualities that make them special to a parent in their own way - one might be more athletic while one might be more artistic -

I think of the GT500 and GT350 in very much the same way.......

Im happy for my GT500 brothers when I see one of them beat a supercar in a roll race- just like hopefully GT500 owners are happy when they see the compliments on how much better a GT350 sounds then a Camaro or Challenger or whatever else-

But to say the artistic kid is a worst kid because they dont get as good as grades as the more academically inclined child- or that the more athletic kid is not as good because they cant create something as beautiful as the more artistic child....

Cant we all just get along lol

Edit- I guess keeping with my family analogy- the Mach E would be that second cousin that nobody likes and when they show up to Thanksgiving dinner we are all wondering who was the dumb a&& that invited them??

OP
OP

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
The fact that the voting is so close shows how unique and different the GT350 and GT500 really are.... they are both extremely special cars in their own right.

I'm still of the opinion that asking someone to choose is like asking which of their two kids they like better....

Each kid is going to have their own unique qualities that make them special to a parent in their own way - one might be more athletic while one might be more artistic -

I think of the GT500 and GT350 in very much the same way.......

Im happy for my GT500 brothers when I see one of them beat a supercar in a roll race- just like hopefully GT500 owners are happy when they see the compliments on how much better a GT350 sounds then a Camaro or Challenger or whatever else-

But to say the artistic kid is a worst kid because they dont get as good as grades as the more academically inclined child- or that the more athletic kid is not as good because they cant create something as beautiful as the more artistic child....

Cant we all just get along lol

Edit- I guess keeping with my family analogy- the Mach E would be that second cousin that nobody likes and when they show up to Thanksgiving dinner we are all wondering who was the dumb a&& that invited them??
LOL at the Mach-E comment
To clarify I’m asking for the sake of the discussion because I’m curious how others feel. I have own opinion, but when a long time owner tells me something I also shut up and listen.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Umm be careful not to throw stones when it comes to difficulties finding a replacement motor- seems we are all in bad shape on that one... thread just a few posts down with a GT500 owner that cant get an engine either
Not a single stone was thrown. As of today:

KR3Z-6006-B (GT350) Longblock Assembly
Projected next month demand - 11
Backorder quantity - 40
MSRP - $18,098.67

NR3Z-6006-A (GT500) Longblock Assembly
Projected next month demand - 2
Backorder quantity - 7
MSRP - $22,090.67

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Not a single stone was thrown. As of today:

KR3Z-6006-B (GT350) Longblock Assembly
Projected next month demand - 11
Backorder quantity - 40
MSRP - $18,098.67

NR3Z-6006-A (GT500) Longblock Assembly
Projected next month demand - 2
Backorder quantity - 7
MSRP - $22,090.67

Cool- (and my throwing stones was at the length of time- not higher failure rates) now the next questions I dont know the answer too...

But I believe they built a lot more GT350s then GT500s - so I would expect the demand for replacement parts to be higher - I dont know - but I would imagine there are probably 2-3 times as many built? just a guess so I could be wrong....

Not to mention the oldest GT350s are now getting to be 9 years old vs. 4 years old for the GT500s- older typically equates to higher mileage ...older typically = higher failure rates (I work in the automotive aftermarket- and am very familiar with replacement rates/ life cycle curves on parts)

Also - the oldest of the GT350s - the prices are now coming down where - a 3rd or 4th owner may not be inclined to treat them as well- the GT350s are definitely sensitive to not being fully warmed up before you beat on them based on what I have seen - which may result in more...deferred maintenance- which could lead to higher failure rates -

Not to mention the early GT350s- which are now reaching those lower prices.... they are the ones that are....most sensitive to abuse .... the ones most likely to burn oil.... so could be a recipe for disaster.....

I see a young kid around here whose parents got him an earlier GT350 (I am guessing since he looks 17-18 and lives in a very nice neighborhood) - but I see him constantly beating on it as he leaves the neighborhood- when I know its probably still cold....

Wouldnt be surprised if in the next year he is on you tube- My GT350 blew up!! OMG!!! They are all ticking time bombs!!!

Sorry - this is part of what I do for a living- so had to point out a few mitigating factors

Edit- not saying some of the early GT350s didnt have issues- or require a higher degree of checking the oil- exc- because they definitely did - but I do feel that by the end of the production run- alot of the issues were worked out -

The GT500- Ford has a long history of boosted motors- so not as much as a learning curve...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I believe they built a lot more GT350s then GT500s - so I would expect the demand for replacement parts to be higher
That's why I spoke to the topic of what the FPRS cars saw. Out of 25 VINs for GT350's, every one had at least one engine replaced. GT500's...zero.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Seems like a lot of people coming to the defense of the 350. Don't get me wrong the 350 is a great car., But tell me what the 350 does better then the 500 except in engine replacements. I do agree the 350 at peak rpm does sound glorious.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
That's why I spoke to the topic of what the FPRS cars saw. Out of 25 VINs for GT350's, every one had at least one engine replaced. GT500's...zero.
For a pure track car- I would think the predator would last longer then a voodoo - wont argue that point ...... there is probably some documented guidance somewhere as to how many hours before each motor needs a refresh - and I am guessing the number of hours is much lower for the voodoo

I think OP was talking about street driven cars to pick up kids from school- not track cars.....
I would be surprised if you could put 100K pure track miles on any car without failure

I mean lets face it- 19/20 GT350Rs with the GT500 block are still pulling some pretty serious money for a Mustang- not that far off of GT500 CFTP money (A GT350R Heritage just sold for 148K on BAT)

I think if the majority of people really believed in the hype that every GT350 was about to fail... you wouldnt be able to give these cars away ...

Or maybe the owners are playing the long game- figured if they just park them....eventually all the other GT350s will blow up making their cars even more rare lol

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Seems like a lot of people coming to the defense of the 350. Don't get me wrong the 350 is a great car., But tell me what the 350 does better then the 500 except in engine replacements. I do agree the 350 at peak rpm does sound glorious.
I have driven tons of GT500s - without extended seat time back to back - its hard to understand.....

These are my "opinions"

I wouldnt say the GT350 is "better" - I would say it is "different"

Based on my seat time, I think the GT500 has a split personality - it can go from cruiser to holy crap in a second depending on how much throttle you give it.... and the straight line speed is no joke....but I can feel the difference in weight between the two cars in the corners... definitely the superior road trip car....

The GT350 - its always on - a reviewer once compared it to a little kid that wont shut up- constantly throwing way too much feedback at you all the time - between the personality of the VooDoo and the tramlining and the manual transmission-it almost feels constantly on edge

The GT350 is not a set the fastest time/ roll race car- it is an "experience" car
Its the complete opposite of a Tesla Plaid which is all about numbers but lacks all emotion

Many will not like the experience- many do as you can see by the poll results lol

Similar comparison - I have many friends into high end exotics- and most of the prefer the RWD Huracans to the AWD Huracans because while definitely slower- the RWD cars have a different feeling..its a different "experience"- and there are some that want the AWD cars as they are definitely faster on the street....

Same thing when you start talking Porsche GT2s, GT3s, and Turbo S - lots of people still want the manual transmission even thought the PDK is stupid fast/ good - so many choose the PDK
Sponsored