Results are only viewable after voting.

MachTT002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 #TT002, 2022 F250, 2010 GT
Why would you not get a Mach and have the best parts out of both cars with a reliable engine??

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Most of us won't even go past 50k miles on either model, let alone 100k.
Thank You... Thank You... Thank You........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spread the word around.
I plan on taking mine to 80-100K, selling it for who knows what, then buying someone's garage queen, and starting this whole glorious adventure all over again.
(Carroll Shelby would be proud.)

CARROLL SHELBY DISCLAIMER
I have not personally spoken to Mr. Shelby to verify this claim. Apparently when I purchased my Shelby, he was unavailable for comment.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Depending on your vehicular personality, missing the manual can be temporary.

I bought a Cayman with the PDK in 2017. I put 18,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years. I brought the GT350 home in August of 2019. The Shelby has 51,200 miles on it as I type... the Cayman has 21,000 miles as of today. The PDK is supposed to be the benchmark for all of the DCT's out there... it just gets boring when you have the choice of manual or auto to me... and that's to me!
Look at the prices of the Audi R8 manuals, very much so on the V10. The older "base" manuals run 40K or more higher that the S or R tronics

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I plan on taking mine to 80-100K, selling it for who knows what, then buying someone's garage queen, and starting this whole glorious adventure all over again.
have you been reading my life plan again? Stay out of the back pages, scary stuff 😂

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Look at the prices of the Audi R8 manuals, very much so on the V10. The older "base" manuals run 40K or more higher that the S or R tronics
Last week when in Georgia I looked at a car buddies 2006 Audi R8 coupe that came with a 4.2L V8 and a gated 6-speed manual transmission.

If I recall correctly he bought it brand new, only has dealer prep miles on it and as you mentioned those manual transmission R8's with the V8 and V10 engines are holding their own.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Why would you not get a Mach and have the best parts out of both cars with a reliable engine??
It would be pretty expensive to upgrade the Mach with the best Shelby parts. Probably better to just buy a Shelby.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
have you been reading my life plan again?
Let's make a deal... when we decide to buy our next garage queens to drive them as Carroll intended us to do, you buy yours while you are on the Left Coast, and I'll buy mine on the Correct Coast. Let's not compete and create a bidding war and keep the Shelby bond as it should be.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Let's make a deal... when we decide to buy our next garage queens to drive them as Carroll intended us to do, you buy yours while you are on the Left Coast, and I'll buy mine on the Correct Coast.
I cannot confirm nor deny, these viscous allegations at this time…as I have been in North Tejas for more than a few Harvest Moons, so I can get to either coast 😬

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It wasn’t a dig or anything I was just genuinely curious if you had had a chance to drive one. It’s a different experience for sure. The s550 platform was/is really well done in my opinion. And we have the whole expenwive pickup thing here to. I’m guilty of that as well.

No I have not. I don't think I've ever even seen one. Higher dollar cars are exceedingly rare around here. There are millions of expensive pickups, though.

As you know, I've chosen a GT for the moment over longer term ownership of a GT350. It's a better choice for me. Cheaper consumables and I'm not winning prizes with a car.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
And we have the whole expenwive pickup thing here to. I’m guilty of that as well.
lol, I have one of those too! I just can’t say it to her in person…oh wait 😂

dmbcpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Umm be careful not to throw stones when it comes to difficulties finding a replacement motor- seems we are all in bad shape on that one... thread just a few posts down with a GT500 owner that cant get an engine either- if this continues I might forget the GT500 - sell my 350R and move to another brand in the future...

(1) Anyone have insider info re: Long block | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

There was a recall on some 2020 GT350s - a bad batch of parts - but most of the kinks seem to have been worked out towards the end of the GT350 model run....
No inside info on the 2020GT350 recall, but I do know from firsthand knowledge there are currently 12 5.2L Voodoo long blocks available for warranty issues with GT350's. I received #13 a few weeks back which was an issue specifically related to my vehicle (block) and not some the oil consumption and other issues the early years the Gen 1 faced. I have a 2018 and my original engine was a Gen 2.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't trade my 350 for a 500. I just don't like the massive droopy from end grill, the dial in the center console that allows you to flip paddles with your fingers and a cross plane engine that cannot match the uniqueness of the voodoo.
All that being said, I have tremendous respect for the capability of the 500 and how well it performs on track. It's not just a straight line car like the previous 500 models.
Yes there have been some issues with some GT350 voodoo engines, but the risk is worth the reward in my opinion.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I don't think the PDK has been the benchmark since about 2017, when this happened.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/porsche-pdk-shifts-slower-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-auto/

The following year, 2018, the 10 speed came to the 5.0 Mustangs. Then in 2019 it was made available to the Camaro SS.

The DCT in the GT500 is even faster than the 10 speed developed by Chevy/Ford which is faster than the PDK.

The only thing the PDK has over either of those transmissions is 'smoothness' and I think the computer is supposed to do a better job predicting what you want to do.

So basically, the PDK functions better on auto-pilot. That's about it.

...I still miss my 2019 PP1. The 10 speed was clunky at times. However when you pushed the car at least 3/10 it was smooth as butter. It was supposed to learn driver habits and change itself over time. I miss hearing it downshift 7+ gears sequentially as I exited the highway, or just pressed on the breaks pretty much anywhere. It gave the car more of a race car feel and in some ways I enjoy the 10 speed over the DCT, which is more refined... I do like the slip of the DCT.

I'd assume sort of a similar vibe of the PDK being too refined as well. Never driven one myself though.

Depending on your vehicular personality, missing the manual can be temporary.

I bought a Cayman with the PDK in 2017. I put 18,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years. I brought the GT350 home in August of 2019. The Shelby has 51,200 miles on it as I type... the Cayman has 21,000 miles as of today. The PDK is supposed to be the benchmark for all of the DCT's out there... it just gets boring when you have the choice of manual or auto to me... and that's to me!
Sponsored

Last edited: