Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I wonder if its BAP specific. JMS PowerMax user's?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I wonder if its BAP specific. JMS PowerMax user's?
So far there have been ones with JMS and there is one with the Kenne Bell BAP having issues from the forums that I have seen. In fact one guy doesn't have a boost a pump running ID1000's and is having the weird start issue.

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I personally don't have one but has anyone tried hooking up a pressure gauge to the fuel rail to see what the fuel pressure is prior to turning the key and seeing if the pressure is bleeding off?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I personally don't have one but has anyone tried hooking up a pressure gauge to the fuel rail to see what the fuel pressure is prior to turning the key and seeing if the pressure is bleeding off?
I agree it acts like a bleed off situation. When I removed the fuel pressure check valve in my Corvette I had this exact symptom. However in the Mustang the only fuel component changed were the injectors. Nothing to do with keeping the pressure at the rails. That remains stock so it should not change.

Sponsored

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I agree it acts like a bleed off situation. When I removed the fuel pressure check valve in my Corvette I had this exact symptom. However in the Mustang the only fuel component changed were the injectors. Nothing to do with keeping the pressure at the rails. That remains stock so it should not change.
I agree. That's what it feels like to me too. In fact, when it starts up for me it even reads lean on the dash AFR gauge.

Wish there was an easy way to look at fuel pressure on startup. Do they make a fitting to go between the rail and fuel line where a gauge could be connected?

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Spoke to one of the guys at Injector Dynamics about it and he said I can send him my injectors to see if they are possibly dumping too much fuel on start up...
Got this from him...

Alright sir, we'll test them for no charge and make sure they aren't leaky. If any of them are, we'll replace them with matched replacements and send them back to you. If you'd like to go ahead and get them sent in please follow this link and we'll get it going!

Best Regards,
Mitch

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Still having long start issues. Every day it's happening. I've looked over all vacuum lines and checked my JMS PowerMax even though I completely took it out, it was still having issues. Talked to Jon Lund II and he said he is trying to figure it out. I might take a ride up to to where he is and have him check out the car in person.

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
There are no vacuum issues or the JMX. A lot of us have this issue. I am wondering about the injectors as they seem to be the culprit.

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I spoke to someone at Injector Dynamics and they said I can send the injectors back to them to test and if any are faulty they will replace them free. But I find it odd that it is intermittent. If they were messed up you'd think I would have the issue every time I start the car and while the car is driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
z06psi, let me know if your revised tune from Lund fixes your long start issue. Today my car started up in the morning just fine. The car sat for about an hour in a half before I went to lunch and it had the start issue then. Car sat for an hour during lunch, and it started fine. Car sat at work for about two in a half hours after lunch and it did it again. This is getting frustrating. My car sounds like an old jalopy trying to start up. Lol

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I am having the same issue. P1sc, id1000s. No bap. I asked lund about it and this was the response.

"Jon Lund II (Lund Racing Support)

Oct 14, 8:12 PM

Have been seeing this very intermittently on cars with ID1000s. Some do it, some don't. Our personal cars haven't had any issues. Until I can see it happening on a car in person it's not going to get fixed remotely. It is a fuel heating issue of some kind. I do not think it is an injector issue since The injectors don't have issues in other applications.

Jon Lund II"

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Mine actually got better but then the clutch fried with Johns most recent tune.

Didn't have any long term data though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I've had this happen once. right after I had her running and then shut her off for a few hours. Hasn't done it since. The car starts right up with haste.

OP
OP

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Yup.. That's what he told me. I'm gonna try and go up to where he is to troubleshoot it.
Sponsored