Sponsored

Let's talk "AI"

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
It’s all good until that genie is out of the bottle. Then there’s no putting it back in.
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
All done for the betterment of mankind. Until the dregs of mankind get their hands on it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I think that we need to heed warning from the likes of Musk. He knows and understands technology more then the average Joe when it comes to this subject matter. He says it could be the end of humanity and I don’t doubt it. Once a being becomes conscious it does not want to die or be killed.

AI will ultimately learn to not just perform jobs but will want to reproduce itself and build things we can only imagine. I don’t really think we can encompass what’s coming but I don’t think it’s going to be any good.
And yet Elon is at the forefront of developing and researching the very thing that he says will end us...

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
And yet Elon is at the forefront of developing and researching the very thing that he says will end us...
There’s this thing called money. Some folks love that more than anything. Look at the cartels. A way of life that more than likely will end your subscription to breathing but folks involved do it for that $$$$.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; There is a female spider (maybe wolf spider) who carries her fertilized eggs around on her back till they hatch. Then she becomes their first meal.

Prety sure it is not the black widow. She eats the male after mating. Have no idea if the male understands its fate before hand. Having been a young male many tears ago and having walked into two marriages, I almost understand the male widow spider.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Hello; There is a female spider (maybe wolf spider) who carries her fertilized eggs around on her back till they hatch. Then she becomes their first meal.

Prety sure it is not the black widow. She eats the male after mating. Have no idea if the male understands its fate before hand. Having been a young male many tears ago and having walked into two marriages, I almost understand the male widow spider.
Cool Story Bruh. Arachnids operate on pure instinct, like a robot or machine. Are you saying that Elon Musk has the mind of a spider? The inability to reason? Complete emotional detachment?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Cool Story Bruh. Arachnids operate on pure instinct, like a robot or machine. Are you saying that Elon Musk has the mind of a spider? The inability to reason? Complete emotional detachment?
Hello; Not quite that deep for me. Just the idea that the creation consumes the creator. I like to read science fiction. One theme is that AI is the next stage of intelligence beings.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not quite that deep for me. Just the idea that the creation consumes the creator. I like to read science fiction. One theme is that AI is the next stage of intelligence beings.
I agree that AI could be the beginning of our end, but doesn't it seem ridiculous that we Knowingly march forward directly into the Jaws of extinction? AI can certainly be used for good ( Solving energy problems, food and water shortages, medical breakthroughs etc.)

Also, if creation consumes the creator, then who are we (humans) consuming? God? Another far more advanced civilization? Perhaps we are just a simulation?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I agree that AI could be the beginning of our end, but doesn't it seem ridiculous that we Knowingly march forward directly into the Jaws of extinction? AI can certainly be used for good ( Solving energy problems, food and water shortages, medical breakthroughs etc.)

Also, if creation consumes the creator, then who are we (humans) consuming? God? Another far more advanced civilization? Perhaps we are just a simulation?
Hello; With a caveat about the word "knowingly" I will contend we humans have been knowingly doing things against our own best interest for a long time. A number of examples can be found. Some are practices based on "convenience" such as one way throw away products, largely plastics.
Others are economic, such as dividing up farms into housing developments while at the same time increasing overall population which will need even more food.
For me it has been the overpopulation of humans past the tipping points of natural sustainability.

But these things bring the term "knowingly" into play. So many folks just go about their daily lives and do not give critical things too much thought until there is a problem. Among my favorites is the acceptance of bottled water as a "normal" thing.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Hello; With a caveat about the word "knowingly" I will contend we humans have been knowingly doing things against our own best interest for a long time. A number of examples can be found. Some are practices based on "convenience" such as one way throw away products, largely plastics.
Others are economic, such as dividing up farms into housing developments while at the same time increasing overall population which will need even more food.
For me it has been the overpopulation of humans past the tipping points of natural sustainability.

But these things bring the term "knowingly" into play. So many folks just go about their daily lives and do not give critical things too much thought until there is a problem. Among my favorites is the acceptance of bottled water as a "normal" thing.
One thing I am almost 100% certain of, is that we will be our own demise. (Unless of course the next mountain sized Asteroid does it first) We as a species are bad at literally everything we do. If not AI, it will be over population, exploitation of resources, nuclear wars, etc. Humanity at it's core is obsessed with consuming and never ending economic growth, with no regard for the Planet or its other inhabitants..
It wouldn't surprise me at all, if countless other civilizations throughout the cosmos have stood at this precipice, and were also unable to make the sacrifices necessary to sustain their population. The Earth will not tolerate our poor behavior forever, and will eventually find balance again, by removing the plague/virus.... Us.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
One thing I am almost 100% certain of, is that we will be our own demise. (Unless of course the next mountain sized Asteroid does it first) We as a species are bad at literally everything we do. If not AI, it will be over population, exploitation of resources, nuclear wars, etc. Humanity at it's core is obsessed with consuming and never ending economic growth, with no regard for the Planet or its other inhabitants..
It wouldn't surprise me at all, if countless other civilizations throughout the cosmos have stood at this precipice, and were also unable to make the sacrifices necessary to sustain their population. The Earth will not tolerate our poor behavior forever, and will eventually find balance again, by removing the plague/virus.... Us.
Hello; I have been reading a sci-fi novel by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle titled LUCIFERS HAMMER. Copyright 1977 so the tech is way out of date in some respects. It is about the impact of a comet on the earth.

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I ended up having a long random talk with ChatGPT about electric cars that have those "turbine wheels" that are ugly and that if they don't have those they lose around 5% range due to lost aerodynamics. I asked it if a comparable car like the Mustang GT would have the same benefit with the other wheels and the answer it gave back was it would gain about 2% mpg versus the same electric car gaining 5% due to various factors. My question to you guys is if Ford had to decide between abandoning the v8 Coyote to go with some other engine to meet emissions or if instead they put the ugly wheels on as the base option and kept the V8 for one more year, which option would you pick?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; A question. There are sophisticated computer programs which run models for things like hurricane tracks and climate change. There is a new AI in the news recently that cannot differentiate between real historical events apparently because it has programing too heavy with DEI influences. By now I figure most have seen the inaccurate renderings of historical figures.
This is supposed to be an advanced "smart" computer, but it cannot get past the biased programing.
Now the question. If a touted advanced computer program is crippled by the bias of it's programmer, then will not the climate change programs possibly be subject to the same sort of programming bias? Won't be so easy to recognize as creating an image using the wrong racial features to be sure.

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I hate how "AI" has become the term for these large learning models. There is no artificial intelligence, the computer is not thinking. It's more of a glorified search engine.

Not to say large learning models aren't a breakthrough and yeah they will take jobs. Just like the printing press put scribes out of work.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Possibly. He has those blank, soulless eyes.
Sponsored