Lemons into lemonade

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Congrats! It is a good time to buy, I picked up a 2019 Bullitt last weekend.
Sponsored

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
No, Prince Frederick Ford. It had the Recaro seats and electronic/ sound package. So it worked for me and was only a few minutes from my house.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
I was in the market for a GT350 right before the downfall. Now, I'm not so sure if I'll be laid off over the next 18 months.

Been looking at GTs in the meantime, and found a premium PP2 in the color I want with active exhaust and B&O for $42k, sticker is $51.5k, also eligible for the 0/84... it's super tempting, considering I can get a super low payment.

I'm hoping that my GT500 (on order) will qualify for the 0/84 financing. Hell, if Shelby American if offering it for Super Snakes, why not on a regular GT 500?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping that my GT500 (on order) will qualify for the 0/84 financing. Hell, if Shelby American if offering it for Super Snakes, why not on a regular GT 500?
Ford isn't even offering it on it's Shelby products, let alone Shelby American. Then again, I don't have experience purchasing from Shelby so who knows.

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible 2019 GT PP1 or PP2
I was in the market for a GT350 right before the downfall. Now, I'm not so sure if I'll be laid off over the next 18 months.

Been looking at GTs in the meantime, and found a premium PP2 in the color I want with active exhaust and B&O for $42k, sticker is $51.5k, also eligible for the 0/84... it's super tempting, considering I can get a super low payment.

Which dealer offered the 0/84 with the rebates? Feel free to pm if that's better.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Which dealer offered the 0/84 with the rebates? Feel free to pm if that's better.
$42K on a $51.5K car is pretty much spot on for a 2019. Just under 20%. No rebates needed. The 0%/84 is just icing on the cake.

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$42K on a $51.5K car is pretty much spot on for a 2019. Just under 20%. No rebates needed. The 0%/84 is just icing on the cake.
I get that, but every dealer that I've talked to says that 0% isn't available at those prices. Just wondering who is willing to play ball at that price point plus 0%.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I get that, but every dealer that I've talked to says that 0% isn't available at those prices. Just wondering who is willing to play ball at that price point plus 0%.
Then you need to find new dealers. Ford Financial does not care what price the dealer sells the car for. So long as your have the credit rating for it your gold.

Sponsored

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you need to find new dealers. Ford Financial does not car what price the dealer sells the car for. So long as your have the credit rating for it your gold.
Hence why I asked which dealer....ha! The other issue is finding one spec'd the way I want.....Premium, A10, magneride, AE, Oxford White or Race Red.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hence why I asked which dealer....ha! The other issue is finding one spec'd the way I want.....Premium, A10, magneride, AE, Oxford White or Race Red.
I hear you. :) Getting a car to your specs is going to be tough at this point. You may need to be willing to travel to get what you want. I would start with cars.com and see what's out there. Once you find one the internet is your friend.

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. :) Getting a car to your specs is going to be tough at this point. You may need to be willing to travel to get what you want. I would start with cars.com and see what's out there. Once you find one the internet is your friend.
Been there done that....cars.com, cargurus.com, ford.com, etc....I've looked nationwide and have several saved. I'm not in a rush and will wait until these dealers are willing or 0/84 comes to the 2020's.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I went through Capital One + CarMax so I didn't have to deal with shady dealers. Maybe I didn't get the absolutely BEST deal, but it was the easiest car buying process of my life. AND I got an awesome apr.
I usually buy used high-end cars that are 7 - 8 years old. They can be very expensive to repair, so I often get an extended warranty. The CarMax extended warranty is very nicely priced and they DO honor it. Most extended warranty companies do their best to void claims.

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I usually buy used high-end cars that are 7 - 8 years old. They can be very expensive to repair, so I often get an extended warranty. The CarMax extended warranty is very nicely priced and they DO honor it. Most extended warranty companies do their best to void claims.
You know, the internet does it's best to talk you out of things like that, but I saw this as a SOLID deal coming from a Gen1 Coyote. My original engine threw a bearing, and the transmission (MT-82 admittedly) was rebuilt TWICE. So the warranty was less than $2K and was 5 year/100,000 miles. No brainer for me.

I was actually considering a more high-end car but have always been turned off by the insurance and repair costs. Maybe I'll be less hesitant if this experience with CarMax is a good one. Hopefully, I never have to use the service at all, but who knows.
Sponsored