Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Email from FedEx. On truck for delivery today!
Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Are you having your dealer do the install ?

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Email from FedEx. On truck for delivery today!
Do you have dyno results before the tune? Or are you planning on getting a dyno after the tune at all?

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Dealer is installing. Regarding Dyno, not really thinking about it, but willing to bring car to someone in DC area to be measured.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Dealer is installing. Regarding Dyno, not really thinking about it, but willing to bring car to someone in DC area to be measured.
Cool... can you ask them when they install the software if the transmission calibration tune allows changing the shift points or just firmness. I'd really like to have my car shift into 4th, 5th and especially 6th at about 10mph higher since it has the 3:15 diff.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
In a chat with a FP rep, he verified that the trans cal stuff is just for firmness, not shift points. He also basically said he has no idea what the warranty implications are for a car that has it installed and then uninstalled before the car is traded in. He said it is very easy to uninstall. So a dealer could sell a car that really is out of the 3/36 warranty and not even know it- and someone could buy it and not know it. The warranty thing is kind of a mess.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
We can drive down hwy 5 to Waldorf and back... :D

Interesting to hear your thoughts...

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
In a chat with a FP rep, he verified that the trans cal stuff is just for firmness, not shift points. He also basically said he has no idea what the warranty implications are for a car that has it installed and then uninstalled before the car is traded in. He said it is very easy to uninstall. So a dealer could sell a car that really is out of the 3/36 warranty and not even know it- and someone could buy it and not know it. The warranty thing is kind of a mess.
If I remove my tune and sell my car to a person or dealer, they won't know....

I see your point though.... aftermarket ecco could be a terrible idea for some poor soul pushing his/her budget to buy the car in the first place...

jdanna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost pp
Where are you getting it installed?
I'm local and haven't decided where to get mine done yet.

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
well? what are your thoughts. Was it worth the purchase. How does it feel?

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Just chatted with a FP rep and he said that they do not recommend using less than 91 octane. That means that if you are in the southeast and the pipeline explosion affects gas distribution like the break did last month, you will need to flash back to the factory calibration.
This tune is looking less and less attractive compared to an accessport and custom tune where you can switch back to stock on the fly- especially since I would only have about 12K miles of warranty left.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just chatted with a FP rep and he said that they do not recommend using less than 91 octane. That means that if you are in the southeast and the pipeline explosion affects gas distribution like the break did last month, you will need to flash back to the factory calibration.
This tune is looking less and less attractive compared to an accessport and custom tune where you can switch back to stock on the fly- especially since I would only have about 12K miles of warranty left.
I agree with you totally. If I get a Tune I am told it even voids my certified powertrain warranty so if I do it I will go custom

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So just to confirm, no reports back on this tune yet?

86gt351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang Gt
It is available but evidently went on Back Order Quickly. I know I can get it if needed. Have to get on my warehouses waiting list. Generally 10 Days to 2 weeks away

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I would think the tune would pull the timing to a safer level if it's detected a lesser fuel quality, no?
Sponsored