Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Went back and ordered some suspension parts from Levittown. Waiting to have everything installed at once.
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
I would think the tune would pull the timing to a safer level if it's detected a lesser fuel quality, no?
That's what I was trying to get the FP guy to answer but he just did the CYA thing and said it requires 91, period.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I just e mailed my dealership about the tune and installing it -- no response from them after 2-3 days but to tell me they forwarded to their service department. From what I remember taking it in for routine maintence they were completely in the dark about it and don't seem to be involved in installing aftermarket parts at all. Is there a way to find a local dealer that would do it, or does it have to be the dealer you purchased the car from?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I just e mailed my dealership about the tune and installing it -- no response from them after 2-3 days but to tell me they forwarded to their service department. From what I remember taking it in for routine maintence they were completely in the dark about it and don't seem to be involved in installing aftermarket parts at all. Is there a way to find a local dealer that would do it, or does it have to be the dealer you purchased the car from?
*Not to sound mean* But as said numerous times in this thread, u can take ur car to ANY ASE certified shop for installation and still be elligible for the warranty. Doesnt have to be a dealership. U just need to send the work orders and other info specified to FP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I noticed that the FR tune for the EcoBoost is out and in peoples hands. does anyone have one? What are your first impressions? I am thinking of just going for it.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
*Not to sound mean* But as said numerous times in this thread, u can take ur car to ANY ASE certified shop for installation and still be elligible for the warranty. Doesnt have to be a dealership. U just need to send the work orders and other info specified to FP
After hearing FP reps repeatedly stating "must go to a ford dealer to get it installed" had me confused. Just seems like anybody not installing it themselves is taking it to a dealer and not just any ASE certified shop.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
After hearing FP reps repeatedly stating "must go to a ford dealer to get it installed" had me confused. Just seems like anybody not installing it themselves is taking it to a dealer and not just any ASE certified shop.
My rep told me it can be installed by and ASE certified shop as does the warranty info on FP site. I would rather follow something in writing rather than play the he said she said thing if issues ever arise. I had an ASE shop install it. I emailed FP the warranty info they wanted and am awaiting their confirmation that I have registered successfully for it. I will update when I hear back

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
My rep told me it can be installed by and ASE certified shop as does the warranty info on FP site. I would rather follow something in writing rather than play the he said she said thing if issues ever arise. I had an ASE shop install it. I emailed FP the warranty info they wanted and am awaiting their confirmation that I have registered successfully for it. I will update when I hear back

Sounds good. With it installed now, how do you like it? Surprised no one is really giving a lot of indepth about it yet. How does the new air intake sound? How does it pull? 0-60 improved? The stock Eco can likely do 14.0 in a 1/4. Hoping the FP improves this to at least a good 3/4 a second. The extra power up top should help tremendously with the 1/4 and the extra torque should help with the 0-60.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Sounds good. With it installed now, how do you like it? Surprised no one is really giving a lot of indepth about it yet. How does the new air intake sound? How does it pull? 0-60 improved? The stock Eco can likely do 14.0 in a 1/4. Hoping the FP improves this to at least a good 3/4 a second. The extra power up top should help tremendously with the 1/4 and the extra torque should help with the 0-60.

I havent had a chance to do many runs, just a 0-60 but I forgot to time it lol. But it pulls considerably harder. Especially in S mode, it shifts way harder, especially into 2nd. The "fall flat on its face" thing is gone, it pulls all the way to redline. I can actually feel more of a pull at 5K. I have the PP, so I had to go into 3rd to get to 60. Now, it hits 60 right before it goes into 3rd. I never had another tune, so I have nothing to compare it too. But its better than stock thats for sure. I will post 0-60 times when I can do some pulls.

Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I havent had a chance to do many runs, just a 0-60 but I forgot to time it lol. But it pulls considerably harder. Especially in S mode, it shifts way harder, especially into 2nd. The "fall flat on its face" thing is gone, it pulls all the way to redline. I can actually feel more of a pull at 5K. I have the PP, so I had to go into 3rd to get to 60. Now, it hits 60 right before it goes into 3rd. I never had another tune, so I have nothing to compare it too. But its better than stock thats for sure. I will post 0-60 times when I can do some pulls.
so it raised the rev limiter? interesting

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Think we struck out in that regard... would be nice to have a "shoot out" of different tunes, side by side... but doubt if that will happen.

Better than stock but worse/better than unleashed? About all I need to know... :lol:

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT