Sponsored

Lack of Advertising

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Anyone else notice the lack of television and print advertising Ford is doing for the Mustang? I watch a lot of TV and see many advertisements for Ford, but they are either for pickups or for the Focus, Fusion, and Escape. But the Mustang is MIA. True, there are the occasional cute spots that Ford posts online, and one of these made it to TV, but I haven't seen it again in months. And in print, I've only seen a "preproduction" shot of the car in the AZ desert...same one we see when ordering online. What gives? :shrug:
Sponsored

Blue_Eyes_Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
They may be following the marketing idea that a lot of exotics have done. Makes like the Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Bugatti don't advertise their cars but everybody knows they exist.

I think the Mustang has fallen into that category and everybody knows Ford sells them. Still I see the point that the new 50th year model is awesome but someone with a bigger pay check than me made that decision I suppose. haha

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Was on Price is Right and I believe TV series Sleepy Hollow. Front cover of magazines, commercials, just noticed a Ford advertisement for Valentines Day, toy cars, and will begin to see more and more on the roads in Spring.

I think Ford is doing a good job advertising.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
youtube= an fton of advertisements for this car that ford didn't even pay for lol

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
You're advertising yourself. I like to think that way when being one of the first to have them.

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
You're advertising yourself. I like to think that way when being one of the first to have them.
True! It almost feels like celebrity status for a brief moment. I guess that's the best way I can describe it.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
The Mustang isnt a high volume car anymore. No V8 sports cars are these days. I mean weve gone from sales regularly well above 100,000 and sometimes upto 200,000 a year to about 80,000 on the best years.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I recently read an article indicating over 800,000 vehicles were sold in the US, during 2014, and 65% were trucks and SUV's. Consider the sales of 4 dr family sedans in the left over 35% and there isn't a lot left over for the Sports and Muscle car market. Consequently, the big advertising dollars go to the trucks and SUV's.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'm sure they will advertise more as we get into Spring/Summer. In the heavily populated Northeast its waaaay too cold and too much snow to advertise a car like the Mustang. I see commercials for Escapes, Edge, and Fusion AWD but not much for Mustang. YouTube is the best place to go for that .

OP
OP
MagneticA

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Just seems odd. Dodge includes the Charger and Challenger in some of their commercials. Even back in Sept. Ford had a series of ads that included the '14 Mustang along with others in their lineup. As for magazine covers... those aren't exactly paid for... and most of the ones I saw included the '15 next to something else for comparison. I'm sure there's a rhyme and reason... just don't know what it is. Perhaps they are waiting for better weather.

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
True! It almost feels like celebrity status for a brief moment. I guess that's the best way I can describe it.
I definitely agree with you on that. I equate it to when I bought the 2005, with the redesign it was pretty crazy how people would stare. I park my car down in the French quarter in New Orleans and it's Mardi Gras time right now and I watch people stop and take pictures of it, and just listen to what they say. Like someone else said, driving the car around is advertising.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Ford is selling these almost as quickly as they can make them. Save advertising spend for when you need it.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
I recently read an article indicating over 800,000 vehicles were sold in the US, during 2014, and 65% were trucks and SUV's. Consider the sales of 4 dr family sedans in the left over 35% and there isn't a lot left over for the Sports and Muscle car market. Consequently, the big advertising dollars go to the trucks and SUV's.
Are you talking about just Ford vehicles or all vehicles in the U.S.? Ford sells almost that just in F Series trucks in a year.
There were 16.52 million vehicles sold in the US in 2014.
Last month they sold a little over 54,000 F series trucks just for January.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
I also noticed this lack of advertising since I work in advertising field, I feel it also has to do with timing of the year we are in the middle of winter and the Mustang is more of a summer car. I know in VA I have seen several commercials for the new 2015 F 150, and only 1 or 2 mustang commercials. I personally think that in the summer months or Q2 the mustang advertising should pick up.

I do agree with the other posts saying that the Mustang and Sports car market is a small part of the American car market total. Ford is wise to spend money on the new F 150 since they have been in the top of pickup truck sales for a long time now.

I see a lot of Mustang ads on you Tube which is good going after the younger demographic and catering to their online presence. I think they will come out with a summer commercial and feature a Mustang convertible just my .02 cents. Based on the Sales vs Camaro and Challenger they dont need to do much advertising their sales numbers are up

OP
OP
MagneticA

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I definitely agree with you on that. I equate it to when I bought the 2005, with the redesign it was pretty crazy how people would stare. I park my car down in the French quarter in New Orleans and it's Mardi Gras time right now and I watch people stop and take pictures of it, and just listen to what they say. Like someone else said, driving the car around is advertising.
Agreed... but all cars on the road are advertising themselves. And a high number of the '15s are parked in garages and hiding under car covers due to the weather.
Sponsored