Sponsored

Koni is here!

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
For those who have done the install on the rears. Is that bracket you drill replaceable? As in, if for whatever reason down the road I wanted to go back to stock suspension is it a matter of just replacing that bracket? Or is this a one way trip and the Koni's have to stay on.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
For those who have done the install on the rears. Is that bracket you drill replaceable? As in, if for whatever reason down the road I wanted to go back to stock suspension is it a matter of just replacing that bracket? Or is this a one way trip and the Koni's have to stay on.

Thanks in advance!
It's just the top shock mount and it's completely replaceable; it's a wear item.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yea. It should be fairly easy to find a takeoff from anyone going to a coilover setup.

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Per the "replaceable question, I just ordered a new set from Levittown so I have a backup in case something goes pear-shaped in the reaming. Pretty cheap (like $13 per). That way I can fit them before I go to the shop where I rent a lift.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Per the "replaceable question, I just ordered a new set from Levittown so I have a backup in case something goes pear-shaped in the reaming. Pretty cheap (like $13 per). That way I can fit them before I go to the shop where I rent a lift.
Can you share the part # if you don't mind? I want to order a set, too.
:thumbsup:

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks like the part number is FR3Z-18A161-A.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Looks like the part number is FR3Z-18A161-A.
Ohhh good call! Thanks! :headbang:

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Do these shocks have clearance issues with aftermarket halfshafts? If the rear shock tube is the same size as the stock one, my halfshaft boot will fit.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just a note, the front strut tube seams to the same as the factory one and I measured the diameter at the top of my wheel about 2 inches under the spring perch and the measurement was 2.1475 inches.

The rears look to be slightly larger diameter than the stock but only by maybe an eighth of an inch and should clear the half shafts. I will try to get a measurement and update.

Also, I can't really comment too much yet on the drive-ability as it has been flooding quite bad here in Houston and I haven't been taking the pony out in this weather.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just a note, the front strut tube seams to the same as the factory one and I measured the diameter at the top of my wheel about 2 inches under the spring perch and the measurement was 2.1475 inches.

The rears look to be slightly larger diameter than the stock but only by maybe an eighth of an inch and should clear the half shafts. I will try to get a measurement and update.

Also, I can't really comment too much yet on the drive-ability as it has been flooding quite bad here in Houston and I haven't been taking the pony out in this weather.
So what you're saying is you didn't modify the strut to fit the car?

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Steeda has a great sale on these right now. Ordered a full set and they called ten minutes later to say they're first ones will be shipping at the end of april

Great price/great service from steeda

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Ordered the koni strut/shock set for $100 cheaper at Race Consulting Agency with free shipping! :clap2:
Sponsored