Sponsored

JF's Bullitt "S" OEM+ Build

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This will just be placeholder for my build. Maybe some random thoughts about the car etc.

I have a pretty long history with the Mustang. I learned how to drive manual on my uncle's '98 GT. A dog for sure, especially with the 2.73 gears. Many years later, in 2015, I bought a 2013 Boss 302 from my cousin. Being pretty much an FBO car, it was loud, aggressive, and at the time my job required a ton of time in traffic. It was too much car for the commute and my wallet so I decided to sell it. To be honest, I was fine with that type of aggressiveness in my C5, but didn't like it as much in the Mustang. Go figure.

At the beginning of this year, I was back in the market for a performance car. I was considering the BMW M340i/M2 Comp, Audi S5, and Camaro 1LE. Drove the first three on test drives and was pretty impressed with the M2. Drove my best friend's 1LE at the track and was even more impressed. But, I wanted something different. Something a little more laidback. I'm not the type of take newer street cars to the track(rather leave that to an older true sportscar - Miata/Corvette/Cayman build). The Bullitt fit the bill perfectly. It reminds a lot of the Aston DB cars in its look and bandwidth.

After a couple of months, I wanted to get the chassis worked on and did the BMR parts listed below. While they definitely made a difference, the PP1 setup was still pretty soft in the twisty mountain roads. I want the car to handle/ride/steer more like an M3 but not GT350-level sharpness, keeping most of the the bandwidth between street(I live in the city) and performance the S550 PP1 has in spades and the stealth look of the Bullitt. That would require keeping the active exhaust, no major ride height drop, and not doing any major exterior modifications.

This won't be an extensive build, as the only major modification I'd spring for would be a low boost Whipple setup(a Dollar Store Aston DBS šŸ˜‚).

MOD LIST

CHASSIS/SUSPENSION

BMR CB005 cradle lockout
BMR CB007 front subframe brace
FP MagneRide Handling Pack
- M-5300-W springs​
- M-5490-G swaybars​
- MagneRide Performance Pack 2 VDM Software Upgrade​

DRIVETRAIN
Steeda X-pipe
FP Air/Oil Separator
Green Filter air filter

WHEELS/TIRES
MRR M600 - 19x10 | 19x11
Continental ECS02 - 285/35/19 | 295/35/19

AESTHETICS
35% tint

As bought:

IMG_6328.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great mods, but Iā€™m going to guess that youā€™re probably a long ways away from being done modding. Many of us have said were done, especially after a few big ticket items have been purchased and installed.

The minute I bought my 2019 Bullitt, it went under the knife. With just 472 miles on the odometer, I said, screw the warranty and went all out on mods. Today, my car currently has 7500 miles on it and hereā€™s where I am with mods:

Steeda components

- Subframe braces
- Diff. bushing kit with through bolt kit (black bushings)
- Subframe bushing supports
- Hardcore diff. bracket
- Subframe alignment kit
- Adj. rear camber arms
- RLCA Spherical bearings
- Adj. toe links
- Billet vertical links (delrin bushings)
- 1 piece driveshaft
- Driveshaft safety loop
- Tri-ax Race shifter
- Adj. motor mounts (set to drag race configuration)
- Idler and tensioner pulleys

Other suspension/drivetrain components

- KellTrac Ultra Spec Viking Inverted double adjustable rear shocks
- Forgestar D5 17X10 beadlock drag wheels with 305/45/17 MT ET Street Radials and 18X5 front runner with MT radials
- Ram Pro Street Twin Disc Cerametalic clutch with lightened aluminum flywheel
- Built MT82-D4 transmission with Cryo and WPC treated hard parts, carbon fiber lined synchros and a Setrab external fluid pump for cooling purposes
- Ford Performance half shafts

Engine/bolt on mods

- Ultimate Headers catted long tube headers
- Steeda X-pipe
- Steeda axle back exhaust
- PMAS CAI (no tune required version)

Power adder and tuning

- Nitrous Outlet GT350 plate nitrous system (jetted for 150 hp and E85 fuel) and ProMax progressive controller
- Lund Racing tunes for 93 octane, Flex, E85 and Nitrous
- JMS Boost-a-Pump

Miscellaneous components

- N2MB WOT Box 2 step controller with No Lift Shifting

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great mods, but Iā€™m going to guess that youā€™re probably a long ways away from being done modding. Many of us have said were done, especially after a few big ticket items have been purchased and installed.

The minute I bought my 2019 Bullitt, it went under the knife. With just 472 miles on the odometer, I said, screw the warranty and went all out on mods. Today, my car currently has 7500 miles on it and hereā€™s where I am with mods:

Steeda components

- Subframe braces
- Diff. bushing kit with through bolt kit (black bushings)
- Subframe bushing supports
- Hardcore diff. bracket
- Subframe alignment kit
- Adj. rear camber arms
- RLCA Spherical bearings
- Adj. toe links
- Billet vertical links (delrin bushings)
- 1 piece driveshaft
- Driveshaft safety loop
- Tri-ax Race shifter
- Adj. motor mounts (set to drag race configuration)
- Idler and tensioner pulleys

Other suspension/drivetrain components

- KellTrac Ultra Spec Viking Inverted double adjustable rear shocks
- Forgestar D5 17X10 beadlock drag wheels with 305/45/17 MT ET Street Radials and 18X5 front runner with MT radials
- Ram Pro Street Twin Disc Cerametalic clutch with lightened aluminum flywheel
- Built MT82-D4 transmission with Cryo and WPC treated hard parts, carbon fiber lined synchros and a Setrab external fluid pump for cooling purposes
- Ford Performance half shafts

Engine/bolt on mods

- Ultimate Headers catted long tube headers
- Steeda X-pipe
- Steeda axle back exhaust
- PMAS CAI (no tune required version)

Power adder and tuning

- Nitrous Outlet GT350 plate nitrous system (jetted for 150 hp and E85 fuel) and ProMax progressive controller
- Lund Racing tunes for 93 octane, Flex, E85 and Nitrous
- JMS Boost-a-Pump

Miscellaneous components

- N2MB WOT Box 2 step controller with No Lift Shifting
Just wondering why, with everything you have done, you have not gone supercharged or turbocharged?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just wondering why, with everything you have done, you have not gone supercharged or turbocharged?
Iā€˜ve had two supercharged Mustangs in the past and loved them, but havenā€™t tried a turbo yet. I chose nitrous instead because I wanted a power adder that would only allow me to use it when I want max effort at the track and to preserve the longevity of the engine by not having it active full time.

My issue really is the tire that I have out back. I think a bias ply will correct the sixty foot issue pretty easily. It is very frustrating to not see the results Iā€™ve been looking for though. The D4 trannyā€˜s gearing doesnā€™t help either.

OP
OP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

That's impressive.

Nitrous was big when I was into the LS platforms back in the day but don't see it too often with the S550's. Might be something to explore...

As for the amount of mods, I'm not taking this one too far. I've always imagined the Bullitt as a street cruiser-type and not for track work. I'll save that for something else down the road. I'm a road racing guy so it'll probably be an older Corvette or Porsche, fingers crossed.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A Porsche would be very nice for road work. Iā€™ve been wanting a 911 Turbo for a very long time.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A Porsche would be very nice for road work. Iā€™ve been wanting a 911 Turbo for a very long time.
A coworker of mine has a 17' 911, took me for a ride. It reset my idea of what a good car is, I never understood the Porsche draw, after that ride though it all made sense.

Its like swiss watch, a total dream car. Too bad they cost 100g's lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A coworker of mine has a 17' 911, took me for a ride. It reset my idea of what a good car is, I never understood the Porsche draw, after that ride though it all made sense.

Its like swiss watch, a total dream car. Too bad they cost 100g's lol
Iā€™ve never ridden in one, but Iā€˜ve always imagined it would be a blast.

OP
OP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Quick update:

Sourced a set of MRR M600 wheels(19x10/19x11) from @shogun32. Going to have them powdercoated black, probably in January. Definitely lighter than the stockers and should look more aggressive as well.

Also ordered the FP Handling Pack and will likely install in the Feb/Mar timeframe.

Outside of that, the car has been dead nuts reliable(knock on wood). Oil change coming up in a couple of weeks.

All in all, coming together pretty well. Hopefully the drive will match the looks.

OP
OP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Picking the car up from the shop today after having the Magneride Handling Pack installed. Will report back first impressions. Hopefully it adds some of the sharpness this car was missing.

Wheels are still at powdercoater(you get what you pay for :rolleyes:) and will finish things off with the tires sometime next month.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pic for reference.

Still very impressed with the tuning of this suspension. I live in the city meaning my drive is often spent dodging and sometimes hitting potholes, severely cracked pavement due to tree roots, and metal plates laid down by our DOT but its no less comfortable than stock.

I've driven stock BMWs and Mercedes with worse ride quality.

The response on initial turn in is probably the most improved aspect. The front end doesn't have to pitch, roll, and take an initial set at corner entry. It just turns. The huge 37mm front swaybar is the likely cause of this.

When I return for my alignment next week I'll probably have them add some rear toe-out and retorque the suspension. My wheels should be done by then, so I'll get the tires ordered as well.

This project has centered around making this a true GT car with improved bandwidth, and I think I've pretty much accomplished that with a few choice modifications.

IMG_6465.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, I think I can consider this project complete. There are no other modifications I feel are worth spending money on. At least for the purposes I use it for.

It really does look and feel like a Bullitt S now. Just turned the heat up from 6 to 7.5 out of 10.

Canā€™t wait to take it out to the mountains this spring.

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6508.jpeg
Sponsored