Sponsored

Is there a street/track handling setup package that does NOT lower the vehicle?

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Right, but is the R lower because of the tires or because of the springs (or some proportion of both)
I'm going to go with yes. Joking aside there's a 0.4" difference in tire height so I vote mostly tire.

wow, a Guard Green?

Pretty sure I have PP1 springs. I know I have a set of basically new M1 springs.
I've never seen production numbers re:color, is Guard rare?

I remember being between DIB and Guard and picked Guard in the end.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
What a great amount of info in these replies. I currently have a lot of other personal stuff going on for the next month, but after that plan to finally get to work on my suspension. After much thought and a bit of "analysis paralysis" delaying my decision from overwhelmingly too much info gleaned from this thread and several others here, I have decided on the following and have a final question: since this will be a mixture of different parts and not a matched suspension package, do these choices look like they have a decent chance of being a balanced/matched suspension setup?

Swaybars: Mach1 handling package swaybars. I'm not sure of their exact rating but they should come somewhere between GT/PP and 350 rates; a decent compromise upgrade from my EcoBoost bars that should work with my spring and shock/strut choices (I think?).

Springs: I cannot get past thinking that no matter what spring I choose, all of them are designed for GT / GT350 front weights and will settle about .5" or .6" higher in the front on my EcoBoost. So stock GT, PP, Mach1, GT350 springs are a no-go for me. I will try the Steeda .5 inch "minimum drop" springs which should settle level in the front for me but drop the rear .5". I can add rear spacers to raise the rear back up level to match the front. I believe this setup will keep my EcoBoost as close to stock height as possible while offering a higher spring rate. These springs are rated 200lb front and 800lb rear (about Mach1 front rates and between Mach1 and GT350 rear rates).

Shocks/Struts: In keeping with dual track/daily driver usage I am going with Koni yellow adjustables. I will keep them dialed in soft to keep my better half from complaining when she rides with me on the street. I will increase front dampening for the track; am not sure if the rear will need dialed up or not. My only question regarding these are that they seem to be primarily designed for lowered vehicles; will using them at stock height overextend them at full droop?

As an aside and for additional info:

Steeda camber plates are also on the shopping list.

I have two sets of 18" wheels. My stock wheels have all seasons. My Apex EC-7 wheels are 9" wide and carry 275/40r18 Firehawks for the summer. Once I wear the Firehawks out I plan to put 200tw tires on those for the track. I know my width is limited with 9" wheels but that will be good enough for me to have all the fun I want in an EcoBoost.

I already have a front K brace and plan to install the Steeda IRS brace for the rear.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help and insight offered on this thread! Additional comments welcomed :)

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Just to muddy the water, have you considered Non-Magneride Mach 1 springs?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My Apex EC-7 wheels are 9" wide and carry 275/40r18 Firehawks
Kumo v730 in 265+
Supercar3 and R compound come in like sizes.
AO52 and rs4 or conti ec Force do as well

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to muddy the water, have you considered Non-Magneride Mach 1 springs?
Such a thing doesn't exist. M1 are always and evermore magride equipped.

At the risk of being filleted. Why not Steeda dual rate fronts which normally 0.75 drop but on eco will be closer to 0.5

Or here's a idea, just get the coilover version of steedas pro-action then you can run whatever damn spring rate you want and thru the magic of adjustable preload, set your ride height to whatever floats your boat.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Such a thing doesn't exist. M1 are always and evermore magride equipped.
There was a version of M1 without the handling package, wasn't there?

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My Ford Performance Track Kit lowered the front .875" and the rear .75". It definitely drops it. Thats what I love about this kit, is that it doesn't slam it.

Finished product.jpg
Dave, I love the stance of your car. Can you tell me the wheel and tire sizes?
Thanks!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
There was a version of M1 without the handling package, wasn't there?
They all have counter-wound rear springs even with passive dampers...now I remember.

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
No. Steeda pro-action instead.
... because?

Just wondering because I read on another thread they were the same as the Konis and the Konis are $170 cheaper so I thought I would go with Koni.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
... because?

Just wondering because I read on another thread they were the same as the Konis and the Konis are $170 cheaper so I thought I would go with Koni.
the Steeda version valving is different. Koni is a one-size fits all. Their other dampers are also 'meh' to harsh on compression. And the Konis don't come with the coil-over spring version either. Spend the money.

But yes the same contract manufacturer that builds the Konis, also does Steeda.

If you want, I have a set or two of the traditional pro-actions with low miles you can have for a song+ship. I also have a pair of brand new coil-over version but I'm not sure I want to part with them just yet. Wave enough bills in my face, and you can probably convince me to sell. I've got a pile of 2.5" springs in various rates as well.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Dave, I love the stance of your car. Can you tell me the wheel and tire sizes?
Thanks!
Well I sold the car, but my specs were in my signature. They are 19X10ET35 and 19X11 ET50. Tires are 285/35/19 Mich PS4S the rears are Mich PSS 305/35/19. Thanks for the kind words.
Sponsored