Sponsored

Is it just me?

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Mustang Ecoboost
Ok, so i have 775 miles on the car already. Got a Ruby Red Eco with PP/manual. I attempted the track apps today for the first time. I was excited to see the numbers but was disappointed. I hit the 0-60 setting in the track apps, reved to 2500, dropped the clutch (and it was like in the movie Spaceballs, when they were about to go into hyper drive and then nothing happened) and then all the sudden went into hyper drive. 7 sec.......7sec guys WTF. it was probably about 1 to 2 seconds before my "hyper drive" kicked in. Imma have to take a video, but some pointers would be nice. I have seen the other threads on this, but wanted one specifically about manual cars and what u guys are doing to get such great #'s.:frusty:
Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Try again in track mode with ESP (traction control fully off). When I did it in normal mode (not even sport) I got 7 secs. In track mode I got 5's.

Ok, so i have 775 miles on the car already. Got a Ruby Red Eco with PP/manual. I attempted the track apps today for the first time. I was excited to see the numbers but was disappointed. I hit the 0-60 setting in the track apps, reved to 2500, dropped the clutch (and it was like in the movie Spaceballs, when they were about to go into hyper drive and then nothing happened) and then all the sudden went into hyper drive. 7 sec.......7sec guys WTF. it was probably about 1 to 2 seconds before my "hyper drive" kicked in. Imma have to take a video, but some pointers would be nice. I have seen the other threads on this, but wanted one specifically about manual cars and what u guys are doing to get such great #'s.:frusty:

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try again in track mode with ESP (traction control fully off). When I did it in normal mode (not even sport) I got 7 secs. In track mode I got 5's.
Sorry i failed to mention that i was in track mode....now do you mean advanced trac control? dosent track mode turn off traction control?

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, 7's in track? Were your tires at optimal temps? Dont quote me, but from my understanding track doesn't fully disengage traction control? From my understanding, set the drive modes from right to left. So set on track 1st, then sport for steering, then press and hold the traction to fully disengage. I hope I'm not retarded and got this all wrong lol.

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, 7's in track? Were your tires at optimal temps? Dont quote me, but from my understanding track doesn't fully disengage traction control? From my understanding, set the drive modes from right to left. So set on track 1st, then sport for steering, then press and hold the traction to fully disengage. I hope I'm not retarded and got this all wrong lol.
I know right, thats what i said. Well im in Florida and it was not to bad today. I didn't change the steering setting, left it alone. and i didn't take traction control fully off. could it be that the engine reduced power trying to grip since i didn't have traction control fully off?

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know right, thats what i said. Well im in Florida and it was not to bad today. I didn't change the steering setting, left it alone. and i didn't take traction control fully off. could it be that the engine reduced power trying to grip since i didn't have traction control fully off?
Possibly, try to get the tires warmed up a bit and give it another go.

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possibly, try to get the tires warmed up a bit and give it another go.
Will do, its raining now so it will have to wait for tomorrow. ill take a video for ur viewing pleasure!:cheers

Last edited:

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Its mostly gonna be tires. Even then the best times you're gonna get on the street are maybe 5.2-5.5. The performance pack car requires a shift to third gear for the computer to register 60 as well. Its also worth mentioning that my car really came alive around 900 miles.

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its mostly gonna be tires. Even then the best times you're gonna get on the street are maybe 5.2-5.5. The performance pack car requires a shift to third gear for the computer to register 60 as well. Its also worth mentioning that my car really came alive around 900 miles.
Appreciate it, imma test RubyLucy out again tomorrow. Anxious......but determined to get in the mid 5's.

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I didn't know the EcoBoost was capable of low 5's. Nice.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Just did this yesterday. base eco pp. 55 degrees, launching at 1950 rpms. Homemade exhaust and a green drop in. 5.6 0-60. I'm certain with a little more slipping the clutch I 5.1 or 5.2 can be had.

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did this yesterday. base eco pp. 55 degrees, launching at 1950 rpms. Homemade exhaust and a green drop in. 5.6 0-60. I'm certain with a little more slipping the clutch I 5.1 or 5.2 can be had.
Dammit lol.....i had my wife take a vid but it was horrible, she didnt get the hole thing. Imma try it again on my way home.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
My 1st time I did this, I was not in a place with good traction. Hit second gear and car got all squirley and i had to back off from the run.

2nd attempt hit 5.0 o-60.

Just have not had a good pice of road to do any more playing around.

OP
OP
15StangEB

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright so i took it a few times during lunch and i got a 6.6. Feeling a little better. I launched it at 2050 with trac con off on sport+. Now lets see if i can get in the mid 5s
Sponsored