Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The issue with spinning the knob against the nut is that the nut will spin with the knob since there is nothing to apply pressure to it to keep from spinning. It seems that I might just buy a second thin nut, and then spin the two against each other, that way I can create a solid base for the shift knob to tighten against.

I'd really prefer not having to use loctite but it would make sense if it came down to it.
Mine didn't spin with the knob...the knob acts as a second nut (jam nut). No lock washer required. However the nut is a bit too tall so I will probably ditch it once I install my Barton.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
The issue with spinning the knob against the nut is that the nut will spin with the knob since there is nothing to apply pressure to it to keep from spinning. It seems that I might just buy a second thin nut, and then spin the two against each other, that way I can create a solid base for the shift knob to tighten against.

I'd really prefer not having to use loctite but it would make sense if it came down to it.
When mine arrived I went through this exactly. The nut spins a tiny bit as you tighten (<1 turn) but its a trial and error process regardless to get it lined up correctly. The nut does have friction against the shifter threads so it's not like its totally free to spin.

I used both loctite and the nut and 20 minutes of trial and error and mine is perfectly lined up and tight. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Not to beat a dead horse here, but as far as USPS shipping accuracy, timeliness, and reliability goes.. I can fully back up Anarchy's statements. Shipping is the biggest variable in my own process of fulfilling orders. Tracking is nice, but I can point to over a dozen instances where online tracking didn't update for days after drop off (even when hand scanned first), it seemed to take an absurd path around the country, or NEVER updated at all. It's a guideline not a rule.

I fully understand, as a consumer, to want things asap in this wonderful era of Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. (Why I'm moving to amazon fullfillment myself). However, with small businesses and especially custom products where maybe one or two guys are doing all the work, it really does pay to wait for quality. If I've learned anything, it's that there will always be delays, unfortunately. Maybe the only real mistake it sounds like Anarchy made was not just doubling his ETA right off the bat haha. "Under promise, over deliver" ;)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=19132]Anarchy Motive[/MENTION]

I sent Derrick a custom order request via email:D:cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Spinning the knob down should act like a second jam nut...

Mine didn't spin with the knob...the knob acts as a second nut (jam nut). No lock washer required. However the nut is a bit too tall so I will probably ditch it once I install my Barton.
Interesting, I have a shorter one if you need...

When mine arrived I went through this exactly. The nut spins a tiny bit as you tighten (<1 turn) but its a trial and error process regardless to get it lined up correctly. The nut does have friction against the shifter threads so it's not like its totally free to spin.

I used both loctite and the nut and 20 minutes of trial and error and mine is perfectly lined up and tight. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Not to beat a dead horse here, but as far as USPS shipping accuracy, timeliness, and reliability goes.. I can fully back up Anarchy's statements. Shipping is the biggest variable in my own process of fulfilling orders. Tracking is nice, but I can point to over a dozen instances where online tracking didn't update for days after drop off (even when hand scanned first), it seemed to take an absurd path around the country, or NEVER updated at all. It's a guideline not a rule.

I fully understand, as a consumer, to want things asap in this wonderful era of Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. (Why I'm moving to amazon fullfillment myself). However, with small businesses and especially custom products where maybe one or two guys are doing all the work, it really does pay to wait for quality. If I've learned anything, it's that there will always be delays, unfortunately. Maybe the only real mistake it sounds like Anarchy made was not just doubling his ETA right off the bat haha. "Under promise, over deliver" ;)
Thanks, for sure. Learning experience.

[MENTION=19132]Anarchy Motive[/MENTION]

I sent Derrick a custom order request via email:D:cheers:
Responded man!

Was I suppose to get a jam nut with the knob?
...yes...it was in a smaller bubble bag than the knob was...

hidetolol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2016 GT Premium w/ PP
I spent a good half hour doing trial and error with the jam nut and it would just keep spinning to the bottom for me. Its not a big deal for me, as having a second nut would give me a more precise position. Thanks for all the responses though everyone.

OP
OP

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I can send you a second jam nut if you'd like. Just lemme know.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Instead of using two jam nuts why don't you try blue loctite? I've used it in the past and it holds knobs on securely for years. Position it exactly where you want and let it sit overnight. Plus it will sit lower than two jam nuts.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Well that's one thing I guess haha

They'll be done mid next week and I'll be shipping them out.
Who all is getting one?

Collar is in the mail BTW.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pretty much all that ordered.

Thanks man. Sounds good!