Interior Mods, ridding the plastic?

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Some I could buy the console and knee pads and basically snap them on? Just the alcantara I mean not a new console..

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
Some I could buy the console and knee pads and basically snap them on? Just the alcantara I mean not a new console..
Those aren't really DIY items as the installation is quite complicated. The console is a solid Alcantara wrap so you could technically just buy some Alcantara (which we sell on jpmsupplyco.com) and cover it yourself but the job is pretty complex if you've never done anything like that before. We should be offering the knee pads a completed product in the near future and will try to find a way to make that more DIY friendly if possible.

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Those aren't really DIY items as the installation is quite complicated. The console is a solid Alcantara wrap so you could technically just buy some Alcantara (which we sell on jpmsupplyco.com) and cover it yourself but the job is pretty complex if you've never done anything like that before. We should be offering the knee pads a completed product in the near future and will try to find a way to make that more DIY friendly if possible.
OK I'm confused, first you said the install was easy, then you said it wasn't a diy thing...

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
OK I'm confused, first you said the install was easy, then you said it wasn't a diy thing...
If you were to install the alcantara yourself onto the plastic would be a hard job to do is what I think he is saying. Buy it completely finished and swapping out your original pieces is the easy part.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
If you were to install the alcantara yourself onto the plastic would be a hard job to do is what I think he is saying. Buy it completely finished and swapping out your original pieces is the easy part.
OK thanks

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I have to call my local dealership to get pricing on a few things. I'll ask about the console. I'm hoping it's cheap since it's just a big piece of plastic but you never know with these things.

-Joe
The top section is pretty cheap @ $125: https://secure.revolutionparts.com/...body-cat/console-scat/?part_name=finish-panel

Here's the blowup: https://secure.revolutionparts.com/...trim/3-7l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/console-scat

I'd be really interested in this. ;)

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
FWIW, the knee piece is SUPER easy to remove. It's held in by a few clips and a magnet. It literally pulls right off in seconds.

Since I had some leftover suede from a previous project I covered my driver's side knee piece today.

Here's a lousy photo I took (before I finished stretching the material) while I was working on some noise-deadening installation earlier:

Sponsored

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
Lightning's explanation is correct. Removeing/reinstalling parts is the easy part. Actually covering them can be difficult so we request that these pieces get sent in for the covering process so only the installation of the part is up to you.

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Fastback GT

Possible Future Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra 1500
Lightning's explanation is correct. Removeing/reinstalling parts is the easy part. Actually covering them can be difficult so we request that these pieces get sent in for the covering process so only the installation of the part is up to you.
What is the typical turnaround time?

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic