seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Im thinking of switching to nationwide, when my policy runs up do any of you have it if so how good is itand are the rates reasonable.
Sponsored

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
I sold my last car and removed car insurance because I was driving a family members car until I got my Mustang. So when I put insurance on my Mustang they said it will be high since I didn't have insurance coverage for the three weeks I didn't have a car.

2015 Mustang GT PP/ I'm 29/ 0 points/ Geico is $1300 every six months.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I sold my last car and removed car insurance because I was driving a family members car until I got my Mustang. So when I put insurance on my Mustang they said it will be high since I didn't have insurance coverage for the three weeks I didn't have a car.

You are getting screwed by geico i would switch immediately!

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
They are the cheapest unfortunately
Is that for real? Seems excessive for someone with no points. What's your coverage look like? Even if you had a 3 week lapse, it shouldn't be that high...

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
345 for 6 months 2015 GT mustang with USAA. 34 y/o married.

295 for 6 month 2013 electric ford

315 for 6 months 2013 cmax ford

All with Usaa.

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Is that for real? Seems excessive for someone with no points. What's your coverage look like? Even if you had a 3 week lapse, it shouldn't be that high...
Tell me about it...

I have state min coverage plus collision and comprehensive with $1,000 deductibles.

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Im in California, same car. Im 27/ 0 points/ Geico also about 870-900 every six months

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Like tree fitty every 6 months. 26 y.o

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

This is normal. If you are not insured, you will pay out the butt when you go to get insurance again. DO NOT EVER be without car insurance even if you sell your car. The insurance company won't know and you won't take a beating when you go to insure again.

I'm assuming you dropped your policy all together. If you simply removed a car yet still maintained your auto policy, this is wrong that they would jack up your rates. I suspect the former is the case.

Sponsored

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
This is normal. If you are not insured, you will pay out the butt when you go to get insurance again. DO NOT EVER be without car insurance even if you sell your car. The insurance company won't know and you won't take a beating when you go to insure again.

I'm assuming you dropped your policy all together. If you simply removed a car yet still maintained your auto policy, this is wrong that they would jack up your rates. I suspect the former is the case.
Yeah I was just thinking to myself why pay insurance for a car that I sold? I didn't know any better. I'm learning the hard way ha

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I pay about $700 /6 months total, on both 17 GT PP and my 99 Cobra with State Auto. This is with low deductibles and I'm also only 24 lol. Could've been slightly cheaper with higher comprehensive deductibles and also i got gap insurance for the 17 for this year. Geico offered me a similar rate, but Safeco wanted about $3500 a year.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
With the cost of medical care today you are gambling with any savings or retirement or even your house if you do not have 250/500 for bodily injury. My FIL is an independent agent and has seen claims sky rocket over the past 10 years.

A friend is going through this now because his daughter caused a serious wreck (3 cars) where bones were broken, he had 100/250, the claims went over that, and now the lawyers want whatever they can get from him.

50/100 is crazy. My wife had kidney stones that did not require surgery and her total bill was over $50k.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I found Geico and Liberty Mutual to be cheapest for me. Shop around, and as others have noted, get the highest liability limits they offer, and if you have any assets at all get a umbrella policy.

Your biggest daily liability is driving, if you are at fault and sued, you can lose your future...

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
To add, if you are trying to save every penny on insurance, go highest deductible you can and spent the coin on highest liability. A lot easier to come up with $500/1000......
Sponsored