Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ill have to buy another dash piece to try it out on. Ive never done anything like it, but I like learning new skills. Is the fiber tucked behind the panel or is it cut flush with the metal with some kind of adhesive?
It's laminated with epoxy, and cut along the edge of the metal, not wrapped around.
Sponsored

Badblue6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys. I have a 19 eb, I bought the PP gauges, hooked them up via the plug behind the radio. Boost gauge worked emidiately oil did not. Adam from Tune Plus gave me a tune to activate my oil pressure, but its still not working. I asked Adam and he says it might be a harness issue. Any suggestions? I inspected the harness, it looks fine?

Badblue6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang Ecoboost
Maybe, tomorrow my 4 hole dash trim piece arrives from ebay. It has the gt gauge set installed in it. I'll plug that one in and see if the oil pressure gauge works.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
My understanding was that the oil pressure won't work because you have to swap a sensor and the oil light sensor on the non PP cars doesn't send the information. It is just an on/off switch (i.e. you either have pressure or you don't but no measurement)

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
My understanding was that the oil pressure won't work because you have to swap a sensor and the oil light sensor on the non PP cars doesn't send the information. It is just an on/off switch (i.e. you either have pressure or you don't but no measurement)
That could be true for 2019 but it definitely doesn't apply to a 2020 GT (per my own experience) as the opg came to life with no sensor swap. So unless there is a different part number for these two, I don't think that's the solution. That should be verifiable with a call to the local Ford parts department.

I wonder if this is something that can be switched on with FORscan.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I have a non pp car just a 2019 base model Gt and the oil & vacuum gauge was a plug & play

CE8BD0AA-896F-4DD4-B29B-563660563B9C.jpeg
So maybe the Ecoboost cars have a difference.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
It could be an EcoBoost issue. Also that was with my 2017 so maybe on the 2019 it would be there. I can't say because my 2019 has the performance package and the gauges.

Sponsored

blk_bean_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitrius
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mustang GT, MT82D4, 301A, Black Accent Package
Alright, Iā€™m a glutton for punishment and I canā€™t just cap off the middle vent. How do I remove the non-PP air duct and install the PP air duct? (21 GT base non-PP 301A 6M) I know I have to remove the dash, but I canā€™t find any good info on this (looks like there were some pics posted detailing the procedure but the links are dead now).

Yes I know itā€™s dumb to remove the whole dash when I could just cap off the center vent, but it would bug me for eternity.

Thanks!

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I had to cut out the middle air duct Know air Duct replaced I cover up mine with a piece of plastic and some duct tape this was before I put in some plastic over the duct
0371474E-80F2-4396-8581-4F7A4EDC5C09.jpeg

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey guys. I have a 19 eb, I bought the PP gauges, hooked them up via the plug behind the radio. Boost gauge worked emidiately oil did not. Adam from Tune Plus gave me a tune to activate my oil pressure, but its still not working. I asked Adam and he says it might be a harness issue. Any suggestions? I inspected the harness, it looks fine?
Hi Paul on the GT's you either have a single wire (which needs to changed ) or a three wire oil sensor Also when changing the oil sensor you have to rewire into the pcm what what i have read on this topic I am in the process of changing the sensor and wiring and then a tune to swap from sensor to transducer

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
After months of searching eBay for a a dash panel that wasn't beat to hell, I finally found a set. Got them installed easily enough and they worked right away on my 2020 base GT. Thanks to all those that contributed to this thread. Made the install a breeze
IMG_0443.jpg

OrangeCRSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Well either my wiring harness fell into a black hole or I just donā€™t have it. :( I already bought all the dash stuff so I guess Iā€™ll either have ford wire it up or have gauges that donā€™t work haha

2016 GT
Sponsored