Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So, not much would change? Ok.
Other than the new building, outward exterior appearances would be the same.

And I'd still dress like I'm semi-homeless.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
It is the rare individual that could keep their life from being radically different upon a huge infusion of cash. I am taking 10's and 100's of millions and billions.

My youngest brother worked for a company that managed lotteries world wide. Of course they kept very good track of what happened to the "Big Winners". According to him most ended up flat broke after 5 years. It would make sense to me as most folks have zero idea of how to manage huge amounts of money. Example; NFL rookie- many lived like there was no tomorrow and when they were no longer good enough or young enough they were unemployed and sometime unemployable. Similar occurrences in the other professional leagues. If I hit BIG money the first thing I would do is hire a money manager. A real one. Not a family member. Then I would have every family member sign a document that they would never ask me for any money. Upon signing they get $10K. Then I would change my name. Now the bottom feeders don't know where I am.

I, like you, would have the things that I would like to have. An 800 sq. ft. house for my wife and I, and a 30,000 sq. ft. Shop and garage for toys and a few acres. Then I would begin helping the people that I determine are in need and I would do it posthumously. Whatever would be left when my wife and I are gone would be distributed as I and she want it to be. There would be no millionaires or billionaires created. Working hard and being smart with your money used to be taught in our schools before the Marxists took them over. I never got a participation trophy and I never gave one to my daughter. She is successful in her field and doing well with her husband. When they bought their home I would tell people that about what they had accomplished. And they would exclaim "That is so wonderful!". And I would stop them and tell than that "No, that is not wonderful. What is wonderful is that they did not ask us for any money to buy the house!"

Money changes people. The person that it does not is as rare as unobtanium. I know that it would change me if by some chance I suddenly had a billion. I just pray and ask guidance from Him that it does not change me in bad ways.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just pray and ask guidance from Him that it does not change me in bad ways.
no need to fret. He knows you better than yourself, and He knows how Billions would affect you, so He makes sure you're not subjected to that trial and subsequent tribulation. Out of his abundant Kindness. I mean would You as a parent hand your child a figurative grenade if you knew your child would blow their arm clean off with it?

Now on the other hand, What was He thinking letting Donnie have access to Pop's millions? :)
'Splain that to me, Lucy.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I just scrolled this whole thread…. I didn’t see Bitcoin mentioned once.

Parts have been getting more and more affordable when you jump over to living on the Bitcoin standard.

Sponsored

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Everything is relative. I sold two older German cars to get into this platform because it was cheaper. With that said I understand, its annoying and disconcerting what this recent streak of inflation has done to the middle class and below. Sports cars are luxuries so that is what it is, I'm talking about groceries, etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
As you said, He knows.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
From Milton Friedman noble prize winner fircecomics
Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon, in the sense that it is and can be produced only by a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than in output.”

There it's is biden spent 2 trillion over budget
More money chasing supply drives prices up and there's no way to bring them down
BINGO!

Look at the increase in the money supply. That’s what’s to blame for inflation. Too much money chasing too few goods.

IMG_7740.png

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
BINGO!

Look at the increase in the money supply. That’s what’s to blame for inflation. Too much money chasing too few goods.

IMG_7740.png
This is why Powell needs to channel Volker - time for a little more pain

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Supply and demand might have something to do with it too.
I’m quite sure it does, as does a few other things. My point was better policies would make the inflation go down, or not have been so bad in the first place…

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
My point was better policies would make the inflation go down, or not have been so bad in the first place…
True, inflation wouldn't be so bad in the first place if Russia had a policy like "Let's not invade a neighbor and reduce the world's supplies of petroleum and grain."

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
True, inflation wouldn't be so bad in the first place if Russia had a policy like "Let's not invade a neighbor and reduce the world's supplies of petroleum and grain."
If you believe that’s the sole cause of inflation you’re seriously mistaken.
Sponsored