Sponsored

IMRC Solenoid Damage After LT's

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread, but please kindly point me in that direction if so.

Recently had my SW 1 7/8 LT's installed on my PP GT 6spd. Had it dyno tuned (made 406rwhp :headbang:) but now I'm pulling codes P2004 and P2011. Something to do with Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit. Had a misfire at one point. Car runs but stutters slightly. I'm thinking the IMRC connection is damaged as a DiablotSport forum mentioned a guy having same problem on his 15 GT where installer didn't unplug the IMRC before jacking up the motor and damaged the IMRC Solenoid. Took it to Ford and that's what they said it was. Went ahead and ordered the gaskets and solenoid to be fixed by my tuner to see if that fixes it. Anyone else had a similar problem after LT install? Been a week since I ordered the solenoid so hopefully it doesn't take forever as I'm curious if this solves the problem. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
How much is the solenoid?? And the solenoid doesn't go upward with the motor when it's jacked up???

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
What is this and where is it located?

I can't quite answer this exactly, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no mechanic, but as I understand and from what I've learned the intake manifold must be removed to access it. I think they're somewhere in intake manifold between the upper intake plenum and lower manifold. They're butterfly-like flaps that open or close at or above 3k rpms to manage turbulence. Since my solenoid is damaged I believe it is causing the flaps to stay open which is what is causing my stuttering and misfire.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I don't see how this would be caused from jacking engine from oil pan!

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Please let me know what happens!! My car never threw codes but spuddered all the time and when I went to get a tune it only put down 386 with long tubes intake and exhaust. Tuned the car only made 406 just like yours. I returned the car back to stock because I couldn't find the issue

Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The solenoid and vacuum actuator are the pieces on the back of the intake manifold right by the firewall (have to remove engine cover to see it) the proximity of these components in relation to the firewall makes them prone to damage if the engine is jacked up. Exact height for damage, no clue, but you dont have to separate the manifold to replace these components, the small vacuum line on the inside bend of the intake tract leads under the intake manifold to the back of the motor where you will see a y connector and 2 vacuum lines going to the solenoid.

Hope this helps.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Damn, I didn't know about this when I did my install, but I only jacked my engine about an inch. Dented the pan very slightly first time as I didn't have my block of wood close enough to the edge of the pan.

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
The solenoid and vacuum actuator are the pieces on the back of the intake manifold right by the firewall (have to remove engine cover to see it) the proximity of these components in relation to the firewall makes them prone to damage if the engine is jacked up. Exact height for damage, no clue, but you dont have to separate the manifold to replace these components, the small vacuum line on the inside bend of the intake tract leads under the intake manifold to the back of the motor where you will see a y connector and 2 vacuum lines going to the solenoid.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Please let me know what happens!! My car never threw codes but spuddered all the time and when I went to get a tune it only put down 386 with long tubes intake and exhaust. Tuned the car only made 406 just like yours. I returned the car back to stock because I couldn't find the issue
Shaun was telling me about your car, I sent him this link to see if it helps.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
There was a post on here a while back, when jacking up the motor the wires that connect on the back of the motor or intake by the fire wall were pulled tight and broke the connector. this is probably what happened. maybe I can find it
Sponsored