I'm "In the body shop" (?)

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
In waiting: 2015 Mustang GT, PP, Magnetic, Redline
So after placing my order in July I finally went into " In Production" on 12/15. Expecting that the production phase would only takes a couple of days I was expecting to see my car go into "Awaiting Shipment" and shortly after into the "Transit" phase. So, after not being able to get any clear answers (Yes, I have bothered Rachel and she has been fantastic!) as to why I am still "In Production" my dealer calls me this morning and tells me that "It's in the body shop." I said that it sounds like it was damaged during production; he didn't think that was the case but doesn't know exactly why it is in there. Interestingly, one if the dealers tracking systems still shows a delivery date of 12/26 while another shows 01/29. Anyone else been in the body shop during production? And why would it stay in the body shop for so long. It takes a couple of days to build an entire car but it can't be fixed for over a week!
This may be purely speculative but does anyone know what this could mean--being "In the body shop." I didn't have a bug guard or anything like that added that would cause an extra delay.

Thanks!
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
So after placing my order in July I finally went into " In Production" on 12/15. Expecting that the production phase would only takes a couple of days I was expecting to see my car go into "Awaiting Shipment" and shortly after into the "Transit" phase. So, after not being able to get any clear answers (Yes, I have bothered Rachel and she has been fantastic!) as to why I am still "In Production" my dealer calls me this morning and tells me that "It's in the body shop." I said that it sounds like it was damaged during production; he didn't think that was the case but doesn't know exactly why it is in there. Interestingly, one if the dealers tracking systems still shows a delivery date of 12/26 while another shows 01/29. Anyone else been in the body shop during production? And why would it stay in the body shop for so long. It takes a couple of days to build an entire car but it can't be fixed for over a week!
This may be purely speculative but does anyone know what this could mean--being "In the body shop." I didn't have a bug guard or anything like that added that would cause an extra delay.

Thanks!
Stop complaining. My Convertible was built on 11/25 and then disappeared and never shipped. Rachel and no one else can figure out where or what happened to this Car in the past 4 weeks! No explanation, "Red Flag". I`m simply re-ordering and starting the 4 month wait again. Let someone else enjoy this "mystery" Car when and if it ever finally gets delivered.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Stop complaining. My Convertible was built on 11/25 and then disappeared and never shipped. Rachel and no one else can figure out where or what happened to this Car in the past 4 weeks! No explanation, "Red Flag". I`m simply re-ordering and starting the 4 month wait again. Let someone else enjoy this "mystery" Car when and if it ever finally gets delivered.
Dude let him "complain" if he wants and start your own thread? :shrug:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While your "shaking your head" since you obviously got the answers, your Vehicle was Built on 11/13 and (shipped) on same Day 11/13, correct? Delivered 11/25, 12 days later, right? Explain please Built on 11/25 and 4 weeks later, still processing and awaiting release? Nothing to be concerned with, huh?

OP
OP

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I was simply reaching out to what I thought was a friendly forum for an answer to what might be going on. It really sucks what happened to you and I'd be a little ticked too--best of luck to you!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Looks like it is all part of the process. No worries; I know the car will look great when it arrives.

Lol I'm just going to shake my head at you. Go make your own thread.

OP, its all good man. Everyone goes to the body shop, its part of the build process. Here is my example, my car is immaculate!

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's good to know, thanks for the info. My car had an EDD that recently disappeared so I've been wondering what the next step in the process is...

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Mine was in the body shop for a couple days. Arrived in great condition. I wouldn't worry.

Gpz 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1989 Red LX 5.0
How did you come across this paperwork? Did your dealer provide it? Thanks for any info you can share.

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
How did you come across this paperwork? Did your dealer provide it? Thanks for any info you can share.
My salesman gave me mine in a plastic sleeve when I took delivery along with my build sheet.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The "body shop" is simply a term to indicate that is in the part of the plant where the unibody is assembled. By the way, it is a highly automated body shop, and fascinating to watch. It does not indicate that the car is being re-worked because of damage. Good luck!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! Don't let Phil get you down. This is a great forum to get questions answered.
Yeah, that is, questions that are answerable. Experts like yourself and even Rachel can`t explain the unexplainable when a Vehicle simple (vanishes) from their system and can`t locate and give any rationale why a recently built Vehicle suddenly is "missing". Don`t let those (facts) get you down. Merry Christmas and you continue your roll as Cheerleader.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was in the body shop for a couple days. Arrived in great condition. I wouldn't worry.
A few days? What would account for a Car being held at the Plant and not shipped 4 weeks after it was built?