Sponsored

I'm "In the body shop" (?)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
A few days? What would account for a Car being held at the Plant and not shipped 4 weeks after it was built?
A quality hold - my car sat for over 7 weeks (almost 8). I also was starting to wonder what happened to it, and it was difficult to get a confirmed answer. I understand the frustration and the loss of excitement the longer the wait without full information. I also asked my dealer to reorder. Literally 3 days later, the car got released.

I won't pretend to say why the wait took what it did, but I was glad that the re-working took place because the car came in with everything looking and operating well.

Hopefully you will get more information soon.
Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I was simply reaching out to what I thought was a friendly forum for an answer to what might be going on. It really sucks what happened to you and I'd be a little ticked too--best of luck to you!!!
Body shop is the first phase of production. The next step will be "trim line" - this is the actual assembly line.

what is happening in the body shop is your panels are getting stamped, molded and painted. It is a step in the right direction.

Trim line generally takes a day and a half. so, you are in good shape!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And again, the "body shop" is not where things get fixed. There is an area of the plant where any cars needing a re-work are held while being fixed. Otherwise, the car is sitting outside in a giant lot with thousands of other units.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that is, questions that are answerable. Experts like yourself and even Rachel can`t explain the unexplainable when a Vehicle simple (vanishes) from their system and can`t locate and give any rationale why a recently built Vehicle suddenly is "missing". Don`t let those (facts) get you down. Merry Christmas and you continue your roll as Cheerleader.
None of these people work in the plant and can walk the floor and find your car. Rachel is in a customer service center in Michigan trying to help 200 other people on here as well with hundreds of messages.

No car is "missing" they don't go poof into oblivion. It is somewhere where it's not in movement which means the system doesnt update to reflect a new location. Rachel can only see where it last was and upon a change in status.

You would do best contacting your dealership or having Rachel escalate it to a regional manager to get you answers. They can get an answer from the plant where your specific car is and what the issue is

Attitude will get you zero assistance around here though. Just at 4 weeks since built is nothing, some people had QC holds for 8,10,12 weeks. It's also a convertible which only recently began shipping; and have a lot of different parts from the coupe which may be causing a QC hold. Better hold now than it shows up with non-working parts that the car has to stay at the dealership for warranty work before you can even drive it.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Some people......
Yeah...and your point is...? If it was (your) Vehicle that simply dropped out of sight, same thing, huh? Some people, right! Like they say, "I got mines"! Thats all that matters.:ford:

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None of these people work in the plant and can walk the floor and find your car. Rachel is in a customer service center in Michigan trying to help 200 other people on here as well with hundreds of messages.

No car is "missing" they don't go poof into oblivion. It is somewhere where it's not in movement which means the system doesnt update to reflect a new location. Rachel can only see where it last was and upon a change in status.

You would do best contacting your dealership or having Rachel escalate it to a regional manager to get you answers. They can get an answer from the plant where your specific car is and what the issue is

Attitude will get you zero assistance around here though. Just at 4 weeks since built is nothing, some people had QC holds for 8,10,12 weeks. It's also a convertible which only recently began shipping; and have a lot of different parts from the coupe which may be causing a QC hold. Better hold now than it shows up with non-working parts that the car has to stay at the dealership for warranty work before you can even drive it.
As a previous Poster displayed on this thread, there is a Confidential Ford Visibility Site that shows every single solitary movement of a Vehicle from when it first enters the Unscheduled Building Bank, through being Scheduled, VIN assigned, Blend Date, Build Date, Processing to release, Shipping Convoy (Rail or Truck) through Delivery to Dealer. Not having and explanation of what has happened to a Special Retail ordered Vehicle for over 4 weeks is by no means Acceptable, IMO. With all do respect to Rachel and her associates, they obviously either do not have access to that information or are not at liberty to reveal exactly what the current status of a Vehicle is especially under suspicious circumstances. Like Holiday Inn used to say, "The best surprise is (no) surprise". Not attempting to rain on anyone else`s parade nor bash Ford, but if something went wrong, just admit it and I`ll move on.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And again, the "body shop" is not where things get fixed. There is an area of the plant where any cars needing a re-work are held while being fixed. Otherwise, the car is sitting outside in a giant lot with thousands of other units.
Tony, I agree. My unit is still parked no doubt somewhere in the "back lot" probably with a (tarp) over its roof awaiting to be brought back for the "fix". Rather then take delivery of a retro-fixed Vehicle, I`d rather either find a Stock Retail unit if I can locate one that has no (history) or simply re-order if I can obtain a Area Zone Manager to authorize a Priority 1 quick build.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm "In the body shop" (?)

Yeah...and your point is...? If it was (your) Vehicle that simply dropped out of sight, same thing, huh? Some people, right! Like they say, "I got mines"! Thats all that matters.:ford:

Edit: I would be upset but I would go about it differently than crapping on this guys thread and telling him to stop complaining.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edit: I would be upset but I would go about it differently than crapping on this guys thread and telling him to stop complaining.

Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you and yours too and a Happy & Healthy New Year as well. Sorry, that my bitterness has leeched unto this "thread" and I promise to exit and not sour anyones else`s expectations. I already located 2 Identical Dealer Stock matches available within a 50 mile radius that are already delivered or expected before 1/5. One is going home with me. Same Color, same 051A Package, no spare tire & jack but will obtain such from Parts Dept. for an additional $200. Only downside, (both) Convertibles have the dreaded "Blade Spoiler". A hundred rants on my dislike of that beastly ornament and I`m going to have to live with it anyway. Guess it was just meant to be!:doh:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tony, I agree. My unit is still parked no doubt somewhere in the "back lot" probably with a (tarp) over its roof awaiting to be brought back for the "fix". Rather then take delivery of a retro-fixed Vehicle, I`d rather either find a Stock Retail unit if I can locate one that has no (history) or simply re-order if I can obtain a Area Zone Manager to authorize a Priority 1 quick build.
You are probably right on that "sweet" spot now of it being retrofitted. Honestly, having seen the condition of my car after it sat for seven plus weeks outside, it really is none the worse for wear. In fact, I'd rather have a car that had the extra going over. Not that the stock units at dealers now are necessarily worse, but there is a benefit, in my opinion, to having precisely what you want. I also was looking at several dealer stock units that were similar to mine just before it came through. I appreciate the "no spoiler" look a lot now, as the ones I found were both with spoilers. That's because I wanted that from the beginning.

By the way, on the Vehicle Visibility Report for mine, there was no status update between the PRODUCED and RELEASED FROM PLANT phase. There was no indication of where the car physically was located on the lot or what was done. I'd also suggest, as mentioned above, to get a case opened with the VIN of your car and see if the Regional Manager can get involved. It would be good if the tracking systems available to the dealer could provide even more precise information, as that would have helped to reduce my anxiety.

I got so tied up in a state of mind about NOT having it when others were posting up here that I started to crack. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
No worries Phil, I can understand your frustration as I waited 6 months for mine and toward the end wanted to tell everyone who got theirs before me to piss off.

Sounds like you are doing well with your search and hopefully one of those come in ASAP.

This is perfect weather for you down there right now.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've gotta take mine in tomo to the Body Shop to get the doors lined up correctly. Sucks..

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries Phil, I can understand your frustration as I waited 6 months for mine and toward the end wanted to tell everyone who got theirs before me to piss off.

Sounds like you are doing well with your search and hopefully one of those come in ASAP.

This is perfect weather for you down there right now.
Just stopped by my Dealership and saw (both) my Salesman "past 3 Ford Vehicles" and his GM. Said they will contact So Fl Zone Rep Mon. of next week and attempt to research what happened. He informed me that all (early) ordered Convertibles from their Dealership that were Blended & Built in mid to late Nov, (including mine of course) have all had the same mysterious "hold". Built but not released or shipped. Says he ordered an identical Mustang Convertible exactly like mine (minus) the Spoiler Delete and it too has not moved. Says first built is usually (not) first shipped always. They often hold the first several hundred production Convertibles for QC and release later built Units for immediate transit if that makes any sense? Anyhow, by early next week, I`ll have an answer one way or the other, accept a Dealer Swap for another Convertible very closely like I ordered (or) he assured me the area zone Rep would re-order and prioritize another Order with a Priority "1" Code that should arrive within 6 weeks. No more Special Ordered vehicles for me. Dealer Stock, Search, or Swap.:headbonk:
Sponsored