Sponsored

If there was one option you wished the S550 had, what would it be?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
why doesn't he just get a chauffeur and he wouldn't have to steer it either?
Sponsored

hotpicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016/RaceRed/GT Prem/Manual/20"/NAV/Premium
Automatic Folding Side Mirrors... for those with smaller garages.

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Magnetic ride control for the GT and Ecoboost performance pack. Would be nice to have an electronically adjustable suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GT-keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
SOOOO many people asking for an Automatic with the sportier brakes & suspension. I love it. Ford really dropped the ball on that one to try and sell 50Y LE cars. AFAIK they only made 1500 of those so good look finding one without ADM.

Anyway, its pretty obvious the the 10-speed is coming and they'll want to use that to showcase their best performance Mustang, so count on that for 2018 along with a myriad of other upgrades.

If GM can get the very same transmission to 9(!) models by 2017/2018 then Ford can certainly fit it to their best Mustang like Chevy has done with the Camaro.

-Magnetic suspension
-10AT w/PP
-Power bump(450hp & 420ft-lb)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
SOOOO many people asking for an Automatic with the sportier brakes & suspension. I love it. Ford really dropped the ball on that one to try and sell 50Y LE cars.

Anyway, its pretty obvious the the 10-speed is coming and they'll want to use that to showcase their best performance Mustang,
I was also surprised Ford didn't offer the Performance Package with the auto in 2017 so people who couldn't drive a stick could still at least get the good suspension even if they had to have the worst trans type. ;)

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
I would love it if it told you what gear you were in, and told you when to shift and what gear to shift into to...kind of like some Mazdas do.
It is called your tachometer. It lets you know when you need to shift no matter what gear you are in.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is called your tachometer. It lets you know when you need to shift no matter what gear you are in.
Since he mentioned that feature in an economy car, he may be talking about knowing when to shift for best fuel mileage.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
Since he mentioned that feature in an economy car, he may be talking about knowing when to shift for best fuel mileage.
I understand but the tachometer is still the best way to know when to shift for both fuel economy or spirited driving.
My daughter has a Focus and it has the shift indicator because it is an economy car. The ecoboost and the v6 are capable of getting good fuel mileage but they aren't really economy cars. Maybe Ford figures the reason most people buy Mustangs isn't really for the economy aspect of the vehicle.