Sponsored

If there was one option you wished the S550 had, what would it be?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Electronic Emergency/Parking Brake:
Such a system would eliminate the need for the center console hand brake lever.
Makes handbrake turns much more difficult.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Don't need a handbrake to help a car make a turn if it's already a good handling car.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
All aluminum body panels with carbon fiber trim instead of plastic
Increased number of paint/clear coat applications / chip-proof paint and clear coat
Optional aluminum Voodoo-based NA 351 (5.8L)
DCT
Standard GT 350 suspension
World class interior
After-market type exhaust with no drone
Staggered wheel/tire packages
and a $90,000 price tag.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i wish my car would stop driving itself into a ditch everytime i wanted to take a nap on the way to work.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Only a wish list!
I'd be happy with improved paint jobs, panel alignment, the exhaust, Ford Racing suspension, staggered wheels/tires and a supercharger option.
Priced under $45,000.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Larger gas tank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I would love it if it told you what gear you were in, and told you when to shift and what gear to shift into to...kind of like some Mazdas do.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think that's kinda funny. Just get the automatic!:headbonk:
I thought he was talking about an automatic but guess not from his response. Haven't driven an automatic built since '91 so didn't know if the dash displays the actual gear with an automatic.

For the manual, I guess Ford doesn't think many want a display when you can just glance at (or touch) the shifter to know what gear its in.

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
No way. This is my first manual car so I am still learning the ropes but I am loving every second of it
Awesome. Just take your time, and practice like you would trying to learn any other skill. It'll become second nature. If you really want to know when you need to shift, throw an exhaust on it!
I would think this is a harder car to learn on since the clutch engagement is hard to figure out constantly, especially if you have a GT. On the other hand, having so much torque makes it easier to get going!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I thought he was talking about an automatic but guess not from his response. Haven't driven an automatic built since '91 so didn't know if the dash displays the actual gear with an automatic.

For the manual, I guess Ford doesn't think many want a display when you can just glance at (or touch) the shifter to know what gear its in.
I just remember when my girlfriend test drove the Miata, she mentioned how it tells you when to upshift and the best gear to upshift to. I thought that seemed like a fantastic idea. I wondered why more manual cars don't have it as at least an option that can be turned off or on.

Awesome. Just take your time, and practice like you would trying to learn any other skill. It'll become second nature. If you really want to know when you need to shift, throw an exhaust on it!
I would think this is a harder car to learn on since the clutch engagement is hard to figure out constantly, especially if you have a GT. On the other hand, having so much torque makes it easier to get going!
Oh it took me forever to get the clutch engagement point for this car, I've been told removing or replacing the spring in the clutch will make it much easier so I am thinking of doing that.
Sponsored