Sponsored

I want to deprogram my rear speakers' EQ

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I will say that I like the way Jesse added the quick disconnects so OEM wiring can be used for whichever speakers are desired, or left as a pass-thru if not needed. I still have not 100% decided how I want to set mine up, but if I decide to do an amp on the fronts, I would love the option of leaving the rears connected to the OEM amp.
There's not a shot in hell I would ever even consider using Jesse's BS programming module when it cost me even less to purchase a Windows 10 tablet and OBDLink MX on Amazon!

I am still interested in a harness with just RCA's added for a subwoofer amp if you are able to obtain the parts once again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The problem with that is that it adds to the cost. I’m not really making anything, but the cost of my time, considering I do this on the side, have a serious relationship, take classes oh! and have responsibilities to Team Honda, means that the extra hour it takes to do that will get added to the price. It could be an option though.

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Unfortunately what Jesse promises and what he can actually do are two different things and his version of the programmer was proven to be unable to remove the equalization by different people on different forums.

He was an early member to the FORScan board and leveraged that knowledge to take advantage of people who weren't up to date. he lied about what he could do, he lied about some of the processes he was performing. He did not have some Ford engineer that was advising him, he was dishonest in obtaining parts such as bezels, he tried to tell people with GT350's that there were differences in their cars that warranted an increase in cost, his statement that programming needs a VIN number to be programmed into the APIM was false (he needed it to use the FORScan compare tool, another tool available for free) So for $250 you have a programmer that doesn't do what FORScan can do for free. My whole Sync 3 thread was to save people from his BS.
I get asked about Pn'P harnesses all the time... The truth is obtaining the parts to make plug and play harnesses is extremely difficult because Tyco does not make mating connectors for the APIM, GPSM or 4.2" screen. The connectors used by OEMRadio aka infotainment aka Jesse, 4D tech et al are reverse engineered Chinese forgeries. I haven't had one pass a pull test yet.
Wow... I'm a newer member to the board but had done quite a bit of research amongst various threads and figured the programmer was the easier option than me trying to learn how to code for free.:frusty: I know the website does mention the VIN being required but I only dealt with him via Email and got a slightly discounted price. He also never mentioned the VIN being required contrary to the website. I definitely noticed the harness being chinese as soon as I opened it, not that it matters much to me, as long as it works.
That's because I'm not interested in ripping my fellow enthusiasts off:D

2017_11_29_15_54_42.jpg

Those connectors are cheap Chinese forgeries of Yazaki and Tyco. For $55 I use the real thing and offer FORScan support for free, no "Custom programmed for your VIN" BS
That is indeed the harness I received. So being that I'm not an audiophile and don't have an RTA... how do I verify whether the programmer actually works for me or not?:shrug:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Which DSP comes from 12 speaker system that would have sub output enabled FR3T-18T806-XX
I can find lots of amps with lots of letters on end but csn't figure which can from a shaker pro system.

Also whats part nos for sub amp?

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
I have three of Hextall's harnesses in my car, the RCA outs and then two harnesses for speaker inputs back to the door speakers that he was able to make me.

All are working great and are excellent quality. Very happy and highly recommend him! Price was unbeatable.
I have them, too, and completely agree. He's been very helpful when I had questions as well. Thanks, Hextall!!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
That is indeed the harness I received. So being that I'm not an audiophile and don't have an RTA... how do I verify whether the programmer actually works for me or not?:shrug:
Listen to it before and after... If the EQing is removed/changed you should be able to hear a big difference in the sound.

Also compare bass levels at high volume to see if the bass rolls off or not.

Also, on a side note. I do have a DSP but I did not mess with any of the Forscan programming. Even before i started tuning with my DSP it still sounded pretty good. Of course it sounds better after messing with the DSP, and it will vary by speakers, etc. But it proved to me that changing things in Forscan or with the programming seems unnecessary, at least in my case.
Sponsored