Sponsored

I need convincing...color and to recaro or not.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Given your choices I'd go with CO hands down. Magnetic is nice, but CO is breathtaking on the S550 imo. I'm not usually a fan of bright/loud colors, but I really think CO is awesome.

You seem to really want those Recaros and would probably have serious remorse later for passing them up. You should go right ahead and get them.
Sponsored

avs112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I went with the magnetic, because I don't want to stand out too much and the magnetic looks awesome imo. Haven't seen CO in person but I like keeping a low profile :) I wanted a blue one at first and that ended up being too flashy for me....

As far as the seats, I got the Recaro cause after the engine they are the best feature on my car. I live in South florida and wanted to get a GT premium with the cooled seats, but after trying those cloth Recaros (didn't try leather), they are insane imo. After tha,t I figured I didn't like the touchscreen and "settled" for a base GT. Couldn't justify the Premium or the PP for the price and I don't go to the track. I never had Recaros before but had bucket seats and these things are sick in curves and they look awesome and comfortable.

Just my opinion I thought I would share, first post here. This car is badass anyway, you can't go wrong. if you're undecided, I would recommend to take your time first and foremost.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
ok so having another issue on decision making.. shoot me...honestly.

anyways... to make a long story short... a local dealer was wanting to make a deal work, payoff my trade and get me into a magnetic gt with pp, nav, 401a, reverse, premier trim, security. They wouldn't order me a CO and give me same deal on my trade....

anyways... I had a HUGE debate about this and I really WANT a color on this car....as sexy as magnetic is, and as it was my #1... it's something about CO I think I'll regret not getting a color every time I see it.

so here is where I am at now. It has been next to impossible to find a CO with pp, nav, 401a, reverse, premier trim, security. My car is up for sale but I have found ONE in Illinois but obviously they low ball me on sight unseen trade.... there are CO with options I want but they are either missing premier trim or nav or 401a.

soooo local dealer has a race red one but missing some options... it's very pretty....so now I think I'm in a fight over CO and Race Red. There is a race red with everything I want within 200 miles from here. It's very tempting...

so i've been staring at this all night. yeah the red is an eco boost but it's the closest pic I have with each color beside each other.

yKhrwT5.jpg

I'm thinking I should see if the local dealer can get it, and give me same deal on my trade....but i'm running circles in my head now between wait and sell my car out right ( i really don't want to order) or try to get my current car traded and not deal with the hassle of selling it.. My current car is on cars.com and autotrader.com

ugh... I guess if this is my biggest issue I'm dealing with in my life... I figured I'm doing alright then haha.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
You should already be riding in one by now lol. I had race red before I got the co,so I would say both are great colors.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'M TRYING but I can't find it or can't get right amount for trade/car hasn't sold!

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Red is sharp... but not when directly next to the orange.
I'm at a stage in life where I want what I want. Not interested in compromise on certain things. Sometimes that means being patient.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Who are you dealing with at the dealership if you don't mind me asking

DiZzyBonne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
Get the color YOU want. If you want Competition Orange, then call ANY Ford dealership of your choice and ask them if they'll accept X-plan pricing on a new Mustang if you order it. Most dealerships accept X-plan pricing on ordered Mustangs, just not the ones that are already on the lot (because they can easily sell them to unsuspecting buyers at markup.) DON'T let them sway you on a car that you don't want.

As for your trade, try trading it into Carmax instead of the dealership, and use that as down payment for your new Mustang. They always offer very reasonable deals. Just make sure you strike a deal with the stealership WITH X-plan before you sign anything away.

In order, I would do the following, just make sure you have another car to drive you around town while your car is traded in and you're waiting for your 2015 Mustang:

1. Find a dealership that accepts X-plan on custom ordered 2015 Mustangs.
  2. See how much Carmax will offer you for your car. Try to get it quoted in writing, and don't trade your car in just yet.
  3. Custom order your Mustang and give the dealership your deposit. You're still not entitled to keeping the car if I'm not mistaken, if you ever change your mind, I'm 99% sure that deposit is fully refundable. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong! If you're in doubt, just ask the dealership.
  4. Give Carmax your trade in and collect your money.
  5. When your Mustang is ready, use your trade in money as the down payment on your new car, and either get financed through the dealership or through your own bank/credit union. Credit unions usually offer the best rates.

If the car you currently own is your only car, then just trade your car into Carmax the same day you'd be buying your car.

If anybody cares to add to my post, feel free!

Lastly, you've waited this long, you might as well wait a little bit more to get the car you WANT and you won't have buyer's remorse. Realistically, you're looking at about 2 months or so.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
carmax low balled me more than any dealer has lol. I had a good laugh with them.

Who are you dealing with at the dealership if you don't mind me asking
rico and the GM at classic ford(we were trying to buy 2 one for me and one for my Dad...but my mom told him NO... :frusty: ).... jim hudson ran us off. wouldn't accept x plan unless we bought a car on the lot that lacked options and wouldn't match other dealer's pricing. They also never got back to me on pricing that I found up north and basically fell off the face of the planet, so I had to go else where. I've had great experience at jim hudson mitsu/hyundai but jim hudson ford didn't need me to buy a car apparently lol. Dick smith ford wouldn't even acknowledge I was there walking around outside and inside...no one said a word to me...so I left...

Last edited:

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Kyber , call Brent @ 865-200-6430 Beach Ford, they will honor X plan and order what you want, give him a shout and see what he can do on your trade. He is the internet sales supervisor, great guy. Located in Myrtle Beach

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Everyone changes over time. Just ask yourself what you think you'd like to STILL see in your driveway in 5, 10, or 15 years…
Well put.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I found the car out-of-state 8 hrs away in competition orange that I'm trying my best to get them to work on my trade sight unseen. Should hopefully find out if it works tomorrow or not.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Go with the Magnetic or any metallic for that matter, they all show the body lines better than the plain paint.... and the recaros are cool, but really not needed, the standard seats have plenty of support! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
leaving at 5am in the morning to head to baltimore to get this! yay for 8+hrs there and 8+hrs back! Getting a great deal that's better than x plan, worth the trip! GT PP, with 401a, premier trim, nav, enhanced security, reverse park assist.

esGdi3E.jpg
Sponsored