Sponsored

I need convincing...color and to recaro or not.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Another unbiased vote for CO and Recaros!
Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Don't know about the Recaros b/c I've never sat in them. But I love my stock, leather seats. Very comfy and plenty of support. And the heated and cooled feature is nice.

DiZzyBonne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
It really depends on your goals with the car! If you plan on hitting the track, it's a no-brainer, go with the Recaros; otherwise, go with the other seats.

As for the color, Competition Orange all the way!

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i'm 5'8 and I have very broad shoulders...when i test drove the magnetic in the pic in the OP it had recaros and yes they held me in on the sides like CRAZY. my wife hasn't sat in the recaros yet. she thinks i'm dumb for wanting to pass on heated/cooled seats...but she's from northeast ohio so heated seats is her thing even knowing we don't use them much in SC because the cars are always in the garage.

anyways...for those of you with the recaros have they broke in at all? Especially at the bottom sides of your rib cage area.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i'm 5'8 and I have very broad shoulders...when i test drove the magnetic in the pic in the OP it had recaros and yes they held me in on the sides like CRAZY. my wife hasn't sat in the recaros yet. she thinks i'm dumb for wanting to pass on heated/cooled seats...but she's from northeast ohio so heated seats is her thing even knowing we don't use them much in SC because the cars are always in the garage.

anyways...for those of you with the recaros have they broke in at all? Especially at the bottom sides of your rib cage area.
The salesman at the dealer I'll be working with has a base GT w/ cloth Recaros and said that after about 250-300 miles, they broke in very nicely (bigger guy as well), but were a bit tight straight away. Now they fit like a glove. Not sure if the leather ones will do the same. Leather w/o heated seats :thumbdown:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well you're in michigan so yeah leather without heated seats probably sucks lol. my 350z i had for 8 years had them and my current VT does... I can probably count on both hands how many times I've used the heated seats in last 10 years between the two cars.

i'm probably a bit more used to how the recaro seats feel too I suppose. I have a sim racing rig/cockpit with a racing seat that I'm always sitting in. The recaros are more of a tighter fit than my sim racing seat but I've put ALOT of hours in breaking this sim racing seat in.

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
Another unbiased vote for CO and Recaros!
sounds like you bought the car I ordered from Beach Ford lol. Did you buy it in November/early December? Recaros and PP only? Thats how I ordered it. I ended up getting one sooner thru dealer stock. Recaros are not for big boys like me. They have broken in somewhat, and feel more comfy. You dont see many 300 base package cars with PP and Recaros out there.

Last edited:

Nestang

Threads
Reaction score
I would go magnetic but just because I don't really like cars with colors like that orange or yellow (unless they're like the colors from bmw m5 and m6)

Jotis73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 guard pp/gt base
I ordered CO with Recaros, but I couldn't wait any longer and I found a guard green with regular seats. I love my car and the more I have the green the more I'm happy, but I do regret not getting the seats it makes it look like a race car. I had a race red 2011 and people ask about the color all the time. I don't get that with the guard and I miss it! Get the color and seats, or you'll regret it!!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
99% i think it's going CO. 80% sure on recaros...i just keep thinking if it's the smart thing to do even knowing I want them...

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
If the orange gets too bright for you, just stop washing it :).
But seriously, once you pick never look back! It's a win - win choice.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
I would go with Recaros. The moment you go around a corner while sitting in Recaros, you will understand why.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I would go with Recaros. The moment you go around a corner while sitting in Recaros, you will understand why.
oh yeah on the test drive I did. I didn't budge!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I'm interested in the two choices you've settled on, which is basically color or no color (Competition Orange or Magnetic Gray). I'm partial to Magnetic at the moment as I've already had two runs with bright or unusual colors (Legend Lime and Grabber Orange). I guess I'm over the "LOOK AT ME" phase. Now I'm just interested in stealth. Everyone changes over time. Just ask yourself what you think you'd like to STILL see in your driveway in 5, 10, or 15 years…

I have no idea about the Recaros. They look comfortable enough. I wouldn't let the prospect of power factory seats breaking dissuade me from going the stock route. I set my seat and leave it. Who has to keep moving their seat? Besides, don't these things come with a warranty?
Sponsored