Sponsored

I love my car!

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So I've had my car since 11/30. I have driven the SHIT out of it. I have just over 2k on it already (I work 25 miles from home each way). I told myself I would have my fun initially, and then get back to my routing of riding my Harley to work a few times a week to keep the miles off. I've found myself making excuses to not ride the bike and take the car.. I have a problem! lol

Now, the car is finally getting a break. I left it at work yesterday, and took home a rental suburban from work (I am a service manager at a chevy dealer) for my family to take to a theme park this weekend. So I left my car here at work, and drove the 'burban home and left it there and rode my bike today, and will ride it tomorrow. I keep seeing my beautiful orange beast in the parking lot here, crying for me to drive it!

Sadly, I won't drive it again until Monday. So it's getting a rest...

Anyone else have problems like me? Just undeniably in love with their car? Or am I a weirdo? Not a weirdo like that guy on TLC channel that I saw kissing his 2000 Monte Carlo, just very much like my car..

Even parking it, I look back a few times to admire it...

:first:
Sponsored

Last edited:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So I've had my car since 11/30. I have driven the SHIT out of it. I have just over 2k on it already (I work 25 miles from home each way). I told myself I would have my fun initially, and then get back to my routing of riding my Harley to work a few times a week to keep the miles off. I've found myself making excuses to not ride the bike and take the car.. I have a problem! lol

Now, the car is finally getting a break. I left it at work yesterday, and took home a rental suburban from work (I am a service manager at a chevy dealer) for my family to take to a theme park this weekend. So I left my car here at work, and drove the 'burban home and left it there and rode my bike today, and will ride it tomorrow. I keep seeing my beautiful orange beast in the parking lot here, crying for me to drive it!

Anyone else have problems like me? Just undeniably in love with their car? Or am I a weirdo? Not a weirdo like that guy on TLC channel that I saw kissing his 2000 Monte Carlo, just very much like my car..

Are you this guy?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I love happy posts :D

Same here, I'm really enjoying the hell out of it. Not my first performance car, not my first convertible, but it just really comes together in a near perfect package for me (and my family).

I think part of it is it's so nicely up to date in terms of features, electronics (I'm into tech), usability, performance, comfort, etc.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
that is a good problems to have. Since you are Chevy SM can you to drive the 6g Camaro few days loner car to see if you have the same feeling?

arcadewilco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
Each night I read my car a bed time story before I put the car cover on.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

You sir, need a Supercharger.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
You know you have a problem when you use your clean, expensive shirt to clean a smudge, dirt or fingerprint of your car! Thats love :)

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Same here lol. The Corsa Extreme really made me love this car that much more. Ford really knocked it out the park.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
that is a good problems to have. Since you are Chevy SM can you to drive the 6g Camaro few days loner car to see if you have the same feeling?
I was seriously considering a 16 Camaro, but they made the roof lower, and that didn't help my issue with hitting my head on the roof getting in and out of the 5th gen Camaro. Not to mention visibility is crap inside that car!

AND, a major design flaw for 6MT cars, the HVAC vents right there, aiming at your hand when driving the manual trans..

AND, the seats look like they have good bolstering, but it's a façade, they really do not...

But, the NPP exhaust does sound nice.

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The replies here are priceless!

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
I left it at work yesterday, and took home a rental suburban from work (I am a service manager at a chevy dealer) for my family to take to a theme park this weekend.
Rental: Is that code for some customer that will not check the milage of his car after prolonged service visit lol

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LOL this is funny but I'm guilty. We have a one car garage and I park in it but if we need something and my wifes car is behind me...I totally take the time to move her dam car out of the way so I can drive mine. Even if it's just to the store around the corner. I think I have a problem too.

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Rental: Is that code for some customer that will not check the milage of his car after prolonged service visit lol
Hell no! This is a dealer rental vehicle (a/k/a loaner) that I am paying for out of my pocket.

We have very strict rules in regards to road testing, and we have a key logging machine to keep things secure.
Sponsored