Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Sensitive bunch in here lately. Deep breaths everyone, it’s going to be okay, it’s just the internet.
I never knew my thread was going to end up being 18 pgs+.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
I never knew my thread was going to end up being 18 pgs+.
So getting back to the real question of your decision (and I'm not going to read the 18+ pgs of drama to see if you answered in there 😅😅😅) have you gotten to drive either vehicle to push you one way or the other?

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The buyer is picking her up mid next week. I am very melancholy over it, I sold it for a fair price. I am not going to have a car for a while. I am either considering a new S650 or a BMW M2. I am torn...
Hello - I haven't been around for a while - I have my car for sale right now and I am curious what you sold yours for. Trying to decide if I am asking too much for mine and a comparison would be awesome. If you don't want to post it in chat, a dm would be great, if you have time - thank you!

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So getting back to the real question of your decision (and I'm not going to read the 18+ pgs of drama to see if you answered in there 😅😅😅) have you gotten to drive either vehicle to push you one way or the other?

Both cars are still months away. The Mustang is being built on the week of 3 June, while the M2 is being built near 20 May. The Mustang will hit the dealer probably the end of June, the M2 not until mid July or the end of July. I still haven't made up my mind.

The M2 is a better driving vehicle and leased better than the Mustang. Not to mention if I decide to sell at the end of the lease the M2 retains more of its value percentage wise. However, the sound of the Mustang is something you aren't ever going to get with the M2 and its TwinTurbo I6 regardless what you throw at it with the aftermarket. Although even in stock form the M2 feels much faster. You have to be careful with the M2 on corner exit as the boost comes on so fast.

Two things...to get the Mustang where I would want it, I would have to put another $5-6K of aftermarket parts into the car. Wheels and Tires $3k, although I can sell the OEMs for around $1500, midpipe and axle back Ford Performance exhaust is another $2500 and I would want a set of 4.09 gears. I would also set aside $2k for the suspension, I would like to go back to the Ford Performance Track Kit, this is what the OEM PP car should have from the factory. This made such a huge change with my S550. While the M2 will be nothing more than an Eibach ProKit for springs and some spacers. Maybe a Dinan midsection to add a little more spice to the exhaust. We are talking about $1k in parts.

I still am equally torn between the cars regardless what others have wrote on this thread. The Mustang will be here before the M2 and I will squeeze the dealer a little more, that could be the deciding factor. I got the car for invoice +$200, I feel there could be more on the table from them.

So as you can see, its still undecided. If the present circumstances continue I am probably leaning toward the M2, but by a razor thin margin.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Both cars are still months away. The Mustang is being built on the week of 3 June, while the M2 is being built near 20 May. The Mustang will hit the dealer probably the end of June, the M2 not until mid July or the end of July. I still haven't made up my mind.

The M2 is a better driving vehicle and leased better than the Mustang. Not to mention if I decide to sell at the end of the lease the M2 retains more of its value percentage wise. However, the sound of the Mustang is something you aren't ever going to get with the M2 and its TwinTurbo I6 regardless what you throw at it with the aftermarket. Although even in stock form the M2 feels much faster. You have to be careful with the M2 on corner exit as the boost comes on so fast.

Two things...to get the Mustang where I would want it, I would have to put another $5-6K of aftermarket parts into the car. Wheels and Tires $3k, although I can sell the OEMs for around $1500, midpipe and axle back Ford Performance exhaust is another $2500 and I would want a set of 4.09 gears. I would also set aside $2k for the suspension, I would like to go back to the Ford Performance Track Kit, this is what the OEM PP car should have from the factory. This made such a huge change with my S550. While the M2 will be nothing more than an Eibach ProKit for springs and some spacers. Maybe a Dinan midsection to add a little more spice to the exhaust. We are talking about $1k in parts.

I still am equally torn between the cars regardless what others have wrote on this thread. The Mustang will be here before the M2 and I will squeeze the dealer a little more, that could be the deciding factor. I got the car for invoice +$200, I feel there could be more on the table from them.

So as you can see, its still undecided. If the present circumstances continue I am probably leaning toward the M2, but by a razor thin margin.
Make sure you compare maintenance for each.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special

I guess maybe something else to consider is how much motivation you have to mod the car. Because if you can suss that out it might give you the clear answer like you said.
If it were me I'd wager you might be due for a new driving experience which the M2 would deliver (per the advice of Everyday Driver podcast). Between the modification question and which one you find more fun to drive that will probably give you your answer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you compare maintenance for each.
BMWs offer free maintenance for the first 4 yrs. Even after that there is a lot of good indies near me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My S650: Splash Yellow, 6MT, PP, AE and red calipers MSRP:$55,785
Wait so why do you want to spend money on exhaust?

Ourisman R240884
Not only is it 10% off MSRP just as an opener. It's been on their lot for 5 months which means 13-15 is within reach.

If you want PP parts they are trivially sourced and installed for VASTLY less money than the PP package price from Ford.

It also means you don't have to buy the suspension twice.

Or the torsen diff twice.

The red calipers (or even better, blue or gloss black) can be ordered from ford or rockauto for modest coin.

And you can get it today. 😀

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait so why do you want to spend money on exhaust?

Ourisman R240884
Not only is it 10% off MSRP just as an opener. It's been on their lot for 5 months which means 13-15 is within reach.

If you want PP parts they are trivially sourced and installed for VASTLY less money than the PP package price from Ford.

It also means you don't have to buy the suspension twice.

Or the torsen diff twice.

The red calipers (or even better, blue or gloss black) can be ordered from ford or rockauto for modest coin.

And you can get it today. 😀
I want the PP not to mention it will cost a couple grand to ship it too me in Los Angeles. I am getting the ordered car for almost $3k off of MSRP. Also, when I contacted them they won't let me lease since I'm out of state.

Buy the Torsen twice? With the PP you get the Torsen, you can still switch out the gears and keep the stock Torsen. Maybe I misunderstood Toronaga-sama!
Sponsored

Last edited: