Sponsored

I am finally back!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
And dealers don't give out phone numbers or contact info for the reps. You are forced to take the word of the dealer and that has ended badly for many people.
Isn't there a way to get that info? I know some people have been able to confirm with the dealers rep on an allocations authenticity. But then again IMO if the dealer isn't willing to ease your mind by allowing you to determine if they have an allocation or not, RUN and as fast as you can! If they don't have anything to hide, they won't hide anything...
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Looks like he paid ADM
Yea, about 15k ADM it looks like. I really hope he gets it but either he is VERY lucky or there is more information we are missing. If not, I think the odds of this ever getting built are slim to none.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Good luck... that's the best advice I can give you with "late" R model allocations.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
And dealers don't give out phone numbers or contact info for the reps. You are forced to take the word of the dealer and that has ended badly for many people. The system seems broken. Dealers take deposits for allocations they don't have. It is bad when you have to trust a dealer and hope you don't get screwed. It happens more frequently than you think. I've heard of dealers backing out of selling orders for more money, I've talked to people that thought they ordered an R to find out it wasn't real.

As for my situation, I still have no absolute confirmation that my R is a bona fide allocation. All I have is the word of employees of the dealership.

I'm tired of fretting over it. I took it as far as I can and any further will just piss people off. (which is probably what I am doing now). Sorry for that, but it is the hard honest truth and the story in this thread is probably just another example of it.

OP, I hope I am wrong. I hope you found that impossible MSRP R deal and it all works out for you. Do your due diligence and get everything in writing. Back it all up with legal advice from a lawyer. Any dealer that sells an R for MSRP is leaving money on the table. Something doesn't seem right.
I understand where you’re coming from, Tomster. Dealerships are independently owned and operated, but when these things happen we can get them documented. They may not produce a call to the customer, but it gets handled internally.

Regarding your order, it’s still in their order bank. Please remember, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

You should check back with me at the end of March for any available info.

Isn't there a way to get that info? I know some people have been able to confirm with the dealers rep on an allocations authenticity. But then again IMO if the dealer isn't willing to ease your mind by allowing you to determine if they have an allocation or not, RUN and as fast as you can! If they don't have anything to hide, they won't hide anything...
No, ARS1. This is information only provided to Ford Dealerships and is not to be given to customers.

Deysha

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.Deysha
Off Topic: Sorry Deysha but if Ford really wanted to protect the cars they would NOT store them outside where the temps get below freezing. The tires crack in these conditions and it's noted in the Ford Owners manual yet cars still sit outside in the snow and cold for months:doh:

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel extremely fortunate that mine was built in Oct and it's in my garage! That's a HUGE gap to not be producing a vehicle that so many people are anxiously awaiting. Especially for someone like me who lives in a place that never gets snow and can drive and enjoy it year around. I feel really bad for anyone in that position right now...

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Off Topic: Sorry Deysha but if Ford really wanted to protect the cars they would NOT store them outside where the temps get below freezing. The tires crack in these conditions and it's noted in the Ford Owners manual yet cars still sit outside in the snow and cold for months:doh:
I understand your concerns, Mike02z. I have confirmed all of the GT350s that were built and ready to go have, in fact, shipped. There are no GT350s out in the cold. :thumbsup:

Deysha

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand your concerns, Mike02z. I have confirmed all of the GT350s that were built and ready to go have, in fact, shipped. There are no GT350s out in the cold. :thumbsup:

Deysha
:cheers:

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Regarding your order, it’s still in their order bank. Please remember, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

Deysha
Is this a new policy? Mine was built on Dec 4th 2015 and delivered in Jan 2016

Flounder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt 350
If i owned Ford, this would be my new policy since i have a lot of 2016 and 2017 sitting in dealerships that cant be sold until the recall is corrected sometime next year. Basic business sense. Still appreciate and respect Ford for not taking bailout like others did.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Is this a new policy? Mine was built on Dec 4th 2015 and delivered in Jan 2016
Yes it's a new policy. Mine was built 11/11/15 and delivered 12/10/15.

Now that I think about it, Ford learned a lot with my car...1) don't store or deliver in freezing cold weather against their tire manufacturers recommendation 2) stop building GT350s without trans or diff coolers...

mitchell21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not sure I can add anything to this process except to disclose my situation regarding the R. Dealers take your deposit in good faith with the belief they will receive an allocation. In many cases, due to lower sales, etc., the selling dealer does not receive your allocation. He refunds your deposit with an apology. That's it.
Good luck.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not sure I can add anything to this process except to disclose my situation regarding the R. Dealers take your deposit in good faith with the belief they will receive an allocation. In many cases, due to lower sales, etc., the selling dealer does not receive your allocation. He refunds your deposit with an apology. That's it.
Good luck.
Unfortunately, this is more the norm than the exception.
Sponsored