Sponsored

I am finally back!

GuardEBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 ATS 3.6L RWD Prem. Perform., 17 350 R ordered
So I bought my 2016 EB Premium and loved it... but I ran into some major issues (a blown head gasket) @34k miles and Ford claimed they couldn't and wouldn't cover it under warranty because they tried telling me I ran 87 octane which 91 and 93 were the only octanes used, so it wasn't until I raised hell and told them I would sue that they decided to take action and do something about it, so they "replaced everything"... fast forward to October 21st, it started to spew white smoke again. Now this time it had 62k on it and I knew Ford wouldn't cover it again at this mileage so I bit my tongue and went and ordered a 2017 GT350R. Anything with the VooDoo that I should worry about?
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
So I bought my 2016 EB Premium and loved it... but I ran into some major issues (a blown head gasket) @34k miles and Ford claimed they couldn't and wouldn't cover it under warranty because they tried telling me I ran 87 octane which 91 and 93 were the only octanes used, so it wasn't until I raised hell and told them I would sue that they decided to take action and do something about it, so they "replaced everything"... fast forward to October 21st, it started to spew white smoke again. Now this time it had 62k on it and I knew Ford wouldn't cover it again at this mileage so I bit my tongue and went and ordered a 2017 GT350R. Anything with the VooDoo that I should worry about?
Just curious, were you able to get this "R" at MSRP or what price did you agree on? Was there any hard negotiating involved? Not hard to find a GT350 at MSRP nowadays, but the chances of walking in and being able to custom order and R seems unlikely. Almost all allocations have had people waiting for them with deposits placed for god knows how long. Who knows, maybe it is an R, and if so you will be very lucky!

Too new of an engine really to see if it will good long-term durability wise. But, there seems to be some minor issues here and there, largely related to oil leaks or oil filter issues. Haven't heard of a single instance of an engine spinning a rod bearing or having any piston/ringland issues, so it seems to be a pretty strong engine overall. I've had zero issues with mine, and it runs like a champ! One of the best engines in the world IMO :D

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
You should be more worried about if your R is a real allocation or not.
X3 and even if it is a real allocation be ready for the wait because you're in it for the long haul!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congrats, on getting a R allocation. Would think that mostly all of the REAL allocations would have been taken by nov.

OP
OP

GuardEBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 ATS 3.6L RWD Prem. Perform., 17 350 R ordered
I ordered the car on Nov. 14th, I drove to Atlanta, GA for Thanksgiving and had a dealer down there order one, they told me to expect it to arrive sometime around late spring or early summer. I ended up having to put a crazy $2500 deposit, compared to $500 deposit for my EB, maybe $2500 was reasonable, IDK... but I ended up paying $82,500.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'd seriously contact their rep at Ford to confirm they actually have the allocation and ease your mind. There's countless stories of people dropping deposits only a year or so later with no action to have the dealer admit they never had the allocation to begin with. My dealer who is a high volume reputable dealer only had my allocation and hasn't received another one since. Therefore they won't take anyone's deposit until they know they actually have one. This late in the game it's hard to believe you could just walk in on an R allocation when many people have been searching to no avail for some time now. It could be real and all go well but do yourself a favor and due your do diligence and follow up. Could potentially save yourself a year of headache and heartbreak just having a dealer want to fluff paperwork at your expense.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered the car on Nov. 14th, I drove to Atlanta, GA for Thanksgiving and had a dealer down there order one, they told me to expect it to arrive sometime around late spring or early summer. I ended up having to put a crazy $2500 deposit, compared to $500 deposit for my EB, maybe $2500 was reasonable, IDK... but I ended up paying $82,500.
Congrats on your order, GuardEBP! Be sure to PM me with your order number and dealer’s name so I can track it for you.

Deysha

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All I'm going to say is make sure it is an allocation. Desha couldn't help me with that

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All I'm going to say is make sure it is an allocation. Deysha couldn't help me with that
Correct, Tomster! Only your dealer gets that type of information, since it’s “their” allocation.

Deysha

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Correct, Tomster! Only your dealer gets that type of information, since it’s “their” allocation.

Deysha
And dealers don't give out phone numbers or contact info for the reps. You are forced to take the word of the dealer and that has ended badly for many people. The system seems broken. Dealers take deposits for allocations they don't have. It is bad when you have to trust a dealer and hope you don't get screwed. It happens more frequently than you think. I've heard of dealers backing out of selling orders for more money, I've talked to people that thought they ordered an R to find out it wasn't real.

As for my situation, I still have no absolute confirmation that my R is a bona fide allocation. All I have is the word of employees of the dealership.

I'm tired of fretting over it. I took it as far as I can and any further will just piss people off. (which is probably what I am doing now). Sorry for that, but it is the hard honest truth and the story in this thread is probably just another example of it.

OP, I hope I am wrong. I hope you found that impossible MSRP R deal and it all works out for you. Do your due diligence and get everything in writing. Back it all up with legal advice from a lawyer. Any dealer that sells an R for MSRP is leaving money on the table. Something doesn't seem right.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
And dealers don't give out phone numbers or contact info for the reps. You are forced to take the word of the dealer and that has ended badly for many people. The system seems broken. Dealers take deposits for allocations they don't have. It is bad when you have to trust a dealer and hope you don't get screwed. It happens more frequently than you think. I've heard of dealers backing out of selling orders for more money, I've talked to people that thought they ordered an R to find out it wasn't real.

As for my situation, I still have no absolute confirmation that my R is a bona fide allocation. All I have is the word of employees of the dealership.

I'm tired of fretting over it. I took it as far as I can and any further will just piss people off. (which is probably what I am doing now). Sorry for that, but it is the hard honest truth and the story in this thread is probably just another example of it.

OP, I hope I am wrong. I hope you found that impossible MSRP R deal and it all works out for you. Do your due diligence and get everything in writing. Back it all up with legal advice from a lawyer. Any dealer that sells an R for MSRP is leaving money on the table. Something doesn't seem right.
Looks like he paid ADM

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Given some of the bad press (lately) from durability issues, from what I've heard most Ford dealers are ready to be done with the Shelby's. Yea, they can get ADM of some sort on them. But I know of at least 4 16's that are still very much for sale after being on the lot for 3-4 months. Given that after 30 days the dealership has to start paying the note on the cars, I doubt it's that great of a proposition to have an 80-90k dollar car on the lot collecting dust and getting older by the day. The best deal for a dealership is a car sold before it even arrives. Having inventory is a liability and a huge cost.
Sponsored