Sponsored

How long before we see some specs & prices?

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
It's already been leaked here. ;-)
Yes, most but not the ever important starting prices for each model. Once I know what base GT automatic and up level GT automatic prices are and delivery and whether or not there will be a GG tax, then I can fill out the picture. We also don't know if some things can be ordered with others. We have a glimpse, but we don't have the full picture.

I'm ready for the full show so to speak. :)
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Yes, it was missing the base prices, but at least we know the option pricing. Sorry, I forgot that it was missing the base prices for each model.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The reason I ask (at at the risk of being chastised for it) is that GM has 0% for 72 months on leftover 2013 ZL1's right now until June 2nd. I'm not a big fan of Camaro but 580 HP and NO interest has me intrigued. I really need to see final Mustang pricing soon and would REALLY like to know HP/TQ figures.
Given the differences in the balance of horsepower, styling, and interior ergonomics between a Camaro ZL1 and a Mustang GT, I am curious why you would make such a choice. Not there is anything wrong with the Camaro...just wanting to understand your decision making process. We all have our reasons, of course!

And in terms of the price, I think you have probably seen other posts or have priced out the current Mustang base and premium trims to give you an idea for estimation purposes.

Based on past history, the order guides and pricing have been released together right at the time (or just before) the order banks open up.

PS - we've had some reasonable information given with option codes already. I've already got my little spreadsheet created and have been playing with those estimated prices :)

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Yes, it was missing the base prices, but at least we know the option pricing. Sorry, I forgot that it was missing the base prices for each model.
Sure, no problem, no need to be sorry. :)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Arnt the average new model price increases usually circa 1-3%, contingent on prevailing economic & competitive influences ? As has been mentioned we already have a good indication of Option Prices - but not, as you say, how they "fit" & match together.

Come on 20th!

Sponsored

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
That is the thing, it maybe WON'T. The 0% deal ENDS on June 2nd. There is no guarantee that GM will extend it past that date.
Even if it ends on June 2nd, I am pretty sure there will be some other similar discount down the road. Unless you absolutely need a car right away, I would wait. Based on everything we're read about the new Mustang, I think it's really a revolutionary design under the skin. It's worth the wait. The ZL1 is fast but the driving experience probably is not "special" as is in the Boss although not quite as fast. You have to move up to the Z28 to get that special involvement. Something tells me Ford understands that and will give that kind of DNA to the 2015 Mustang GT. There are plenty of fast cars, but personally for me a sport car has to have an intimate connection between the driver and machine. Cars like the Boss, Z28, 911 GT3 ... are pretty rare.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
...and whether or not there will be a GG tax, then I can fill out the picture.
Since one of the stated goals was to improve fuel economy and the current GT does not have this tax, I wouldn't expect this.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
For our sales/dealers on the site:

Could the order banks open on the 20th WITHOUT Ford releasing the order guides or pricing? Has that ever happened before?

The reason I ask (at at the risk of being chastised for it) is that GM has 0% for 72 months on leftover 2013 ZL1's right now until June 2nd. I'm not a big fan of Camaro but 580 HP and NO interest has me intrigued. I really need to see final Mustang pricing soon and would REALLY like to know HP/TQ figures. I'm getting antsy and I need information to make the right decision. Thanks for any of our sales/dealers chiming in.
You lose the cash incentive when you take the 0%. So even if you pay invoice for the Camaro, it isn't really a great deal.

I am sure the ordering guides will come out this week. It is odd its taking this long though.

OneFord

One Ford Believer
Threads
Reaction score
As lame as this is, I think it's probably relevant to this discussion: to my knowledge, an ordering and price guide doesn't exist yet, even internally. This forum will probably find out any and all Mustang info at the exact same time any of us employees or dealers do.

Just in terms of general info though, I've never experienced a launch as anticipated as this, but I would imagine we'll see order guides maybe one or two days before the launch max. There probably won't be any special rates or rebates right away, but I'd be shocked if AXZD Plan pricing isn't available right out of the gate. Pretty horrified, too, because I'm reallllly counting on that A Plan day one. Free Agent, I've gotta agree with the other gentlemen in this thread, I would wait at least until the 20th to see pricing and options before you decide. Like WestRace said, I really think this is going to be a special car worth waiting for. Also, as VRYALT3R3D said, you'd be surprised how much of a bum deal 0% APR can be sometimes. If you math it out a bit, a lot of the time the rebates actually outweigh the effects of low APR, and in my experience I've never seen a way to get rebates and 0% from any finance source. Just my two cents, anyhow! :)

Pabo

Order guides are kinda meaningless without specs first and foremost imo. Will they hold an event or issue a press release for this info? c'monnnn what's the holdup?? :frusty:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
You lose the cash incentive when you take the 0%. So even if you pay invoice for the Camaro, it isn't really a great deal.

I am sure the ordering guides will come out this week. It is odd its taking this long though.
They actually have the 0% PLUS $1000 bonus cash at this time. The 1K is on top of the financing.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Given the differences in the balance of horsepower, styling, and interior ergonomics between a Camaro ZL1 and a Mustang GT, I am curious why you would make such a choice. Not there is anything wrong with the Camaro...just wanting to understand your decision making process. We all have our reasons, of course!

And in terms of the price, I think you have probably seen other posts or have priced out the current Mustang base and premium trims to give you an idea for estimation purposes.

Based on past history, the order guides and pricing have been released together right at the time (or just before) the order banks open up.

PS - we've had some reasonable information given with option codes already. I've already got my little spreadsheet created and have been playing with those estimated prices :)
Bang for the buck in a certain price range. Automatic only. Factory warranty included. DD and whatever I buy will only see the 1/8 and 1/4 mile track a couple of times a year. 580 factory warranted horsepower and I have GM card points, USAA discount to boot.

This is a longshot at this point though. I am dying for the final bits of info on the Mustang. But I may not wait past Summer if they keep holding the information and decide to go a different route. (I hope not.)

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Bang for the buck in a certain price range. Automatic only. Factory warranty included. DD and whatever I buy will only see the 1/8 and 1/4 mile track a couple of times a year. 580 factory warranted horsepower
580 factory warranted HP significantly offset by the fact that it's a big fat pig. :)

Seriously, if some of the common estimates on HP and weight of the new GT are even close to accurate, it will probably hang with the ZL1 (or come real close to it) in the quarter mile bone stock, will probably handle as good or better, get better gas mileage, and IMO look much sexier doing it all. :ford:

We've almost made it to the finish line, after all these months of waiting and speculation. Don't get cold feet now! ;)

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
580 factory warranted HP significantly offset by the fact that it's a big fat pig. :)

Seriously, if some of the common estimates on HP and weight of the new GT are even close to accurate, it will probably hang with the ZL1 (or come real close to it) in the quarter mile bone stock, will probably handle as good or better, get better gas mileage, and IMO look much sexier doing it all. :ford:

We've almost made it to the finish line, after all these months of waiting and speculation. Don't get cold feet now! ;)
Oh yes, its a porky pig alright. This wait on the weight and power of the Mustang is what is driving me crazy as well. Its not that I'm getting cold feet, its the offer thats on the table from GM right now. That and getting a new car during the Summer driving season and getting one that will basically be in the Winter season. I have time, I don't mind waiting until the 20th but if Ford drags their feet much longer I may change my mind. (Again I don't want to.) The information needs to get here by the 20th. Lets go Ford!!!
Sponsored