zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I'm new to the forum and my wife has the new Ecoboost. She wants a louder exhaust and we have narrowed the choice down to the Ford Racing systems. However, I need your help! This thread compares the catback systems, but I checked on Youtube and the same videos are presented when you search for the axle back exhausts. Unless I missed something here, does anyone know whether the videos are cat-back or axle-back? :headbonk:
Sport axleback:

Touring axleback:

And here is another video of the sport axleback:

Sponsored

c7neb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT
Sport axleback:

Touring axleback:

And here is another video of the sport axleback:

What I am getting at is, if you compare the cat-back videos to the axle-back videos, they are the same. Even the same hand prints on the trunk lid, license plate and the Mustang in the street. Shouldn't the cat-back sound louder? :confused:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
What I am getting at is, if you compare the cat-back videos to the axle-back videos, they are the same. Even the same hand prints on the trunk lid, license plate and the Mustang in the street. Shouldn't the cat-back sound louder? :confused:
From what I see they are not the same? Yes the hand prints , license plate, and Mustang are the same but that's because the same people (LateModelRestoration) did these videos. The cat back is definitely louder then the axleback in these videos.

c7neb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT
From what I see they are not the same? Yes the hand prints , license plate, and Mustang are the same but that's because the same people (LateModelRestoration) did these videos. The cat back is definitely louder then the axleback in these videos.
I guess I need to listen to them more closely.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
They are the exact same videos.

If you look at :26 seconds on the touring in both CAT and AXLE, the guy turns exactly to the right at the same time.

They are not different. Same video, labeled 2 different ways.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting.... The sport axle back to catback is a different video but I think you are right on the touring videos.... Might explain why the touring sounds to quiet compared to the sport catback (More so then I would think). Odd that they did this. Now we have no idea if we are listening to the touring axle back or catback...

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Ill try it's been pouring rain in Florida and think tomorrow too. If it clears up and I can get a good video I sure will. Also got stripes done today too. Hood cowl, hash marks and rockers

Sponsored

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Between rain and iPhone its not cutting it. My touring cat back is installed. Tone wise is pretty spot on with the late model video. No raspy rice burner crap. And for volume.... Oh it's there to me it seems much louder but not obnoxious. Louder then my 2012 v6 and perfect tone. As with anything it's an individual thing. But I'm completely satisfied don't think I could find a better set up not toe to mention that the dealership installed it so it's all still warranted for those concerned with that

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Thanks Drazen. Does it sound similar to the videos that have been posted for the touring system? Apparently they posted the same video for catback and axleback for the touring system, so if yours sounds much different, then they posted the axleback for both.

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just to my own ear it does soundike the video. Good base nice growl no raspy ricer sound like the sport. I can actually hear it over the radio at normal volume music w/shacker system. Before I couldn't really hear it unless I turned down the volume.

If you like the tone/base note and such like the video shows the. You should be very happy. Of course that's my opinion. All the ford guys at the shop really liked it and all said the same thing .... That sure woke it up

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Between rain and iPhone its not cutting it. My touring cat back is installed. Tone wise is pretty spot on with the late model video. No raspy rice burner crap. And for volume.... Oh it's there to me it seems much louder but not obnoxious. Louder then my 2012 v6 and perfect tone. As with anything it's an individual thing. But I'm completely satisfied don't think I could find a better set up not toe to mention that the dealership installed it so it's all still warranted for those concerned with that
Any drone in it at all?

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Sorry first time changing out exhaust so not completely sure which sound tone or portion you are referring to as a drone. to me it sounds like it should. You push the peddel hard it roars go easy purrs. No shit can sound or raspyness. I know with so many trying to make this decision it's a very specific choice due to each person's preference. It's not over powering. Great bass tone and if you want someone to know you are coming they will and not think you are in some foreign rice crapper
Sponsored