Sponsored

Hellion turbo kit for daily

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I'm trying to decide between a hellion kit or a gen 3 whipple kit for a my daily driver. I think the turbo would be awsome but my fear of the turbo car is being hard to tune. Does anyone have experience with the hellion on a daily driver around 600-650 whp. The car is a 2017 gt mt82
Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I'm trying to decide between a hellion kit or a gen 3 whipple kit for a my daily driver. I think the turbo would be awsome but my fear of the turbo car is being hard to tune. Does anyone have experience with the hellion on a daily driver around 600-650 whp. The car is a 2017 gt mt82
They are not hard to tune at all.

OP
OP

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
How about the reliablity for a daily? This car will be driven about 10,000 miles a year and don't plan on building the block for awhile. I would love to do the turbo but just need to hear some people's real world experience with this kit at this power levels.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Whipple would probably be your best bet for a daily.

OP
OP

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks for the response, is there a reason that would be. Sorry just trying to understand all of it before I make such a big purchase.

Sponsored

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You will get a lot of “my blower is better” here.. that being said, I installed the Roush Phase 1. Sent the PCM to Roush for the tune and they turned it around that day..
DD and no drivability issues. Plenty of power for a Daily.
Had to spend money on exhaust and much wider sticky mickies to get it to stick better.
All in all, they are all good products.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Both are going to be reliable and good options as a daily. It really comes down to what you plan to do to the car in the future and what you are willing to spend.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
We're talking two awesome options here. If you're able to utilize the 15% off today (at Lethal Performance) the Whipple is a fantastic move. Regardless of your choice (blower vs turbo) let's get you boosted.
Tuning should not be an issue with either kit. If you go with the whipple + custom tune, be sure to add on the IAT2 kit.

OP
OP

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks guys I can't wait to get this car project started will be making up my mind soon.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I've driven both for DD, Whipple makes a very fun street car, under the hood it gives a OEM finish look on steroids with the grunt to back it up.
A well made turbo kit with proper sized turbos are just as fun, in my experience you trade the instant hit of the PD at pretty much idle for instant hit a couple thousand rpms up that just pulls harder & harder the higher the rpms go.
I can't speak for the Hellion kit other than what ive read on here, my turbos was under mount & took the wow factor out of it when you pop the hood. But I had a single turbo placement right in the area Hellion has there turbos before I switch to under mount. The single was not good for DD the turbo caused to much heat under the hood BUT this was a different kit & car just very similar.
FYI I've consider switching my Paxton out for turbos & have PM & talked to people with the Hellion kit & they have had NO complaints from heat, over heating ect that I did so take that with a grain of salt about my experience. Another thing to consider the Whipple on average is a great choice for 850-950 whp (not saying people haven't pushed further) BUT if you plan on going 1000+ whp in the future the Hellion would be a no brainer.
Both would be easy & a great choice for 600-650 whp but turbos you can go from 650 to 1000+ with the push of a button with supporting mods.

Sponsored

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
One more thing to consider is that when the HP goes up, you will find that you will want/need weaker items replaced. Tires, axles, wheel hop kits, clutch kits, etc.
It’s like being sucked into a money hole. Fun? Yes, but it can get expensive.

OP
OP

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I know I will need a clutch right away but don't plan on taking it to the track until I was able to up grade axles and driveshafts at least. That's why I don't want to crazy with the power right out of the gate.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello.

We have many options in our systems for power, and the tuning is very reliable for daily driving. Our twin 55mm option will come on with a rush of power like no other even with a manual trans.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Team Hellion

OP
OP

Dream50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Just talked to John at Hellion, first class right there answered all my questions and explained there kit from startto finish and showed much interest in my build and story. Now the saving begins ,will be getting a hellion kit and will buy it from beefcake when the time comes. Thanks to John for his time as well as beefcake for his response to this post. I will be part of the Hellion team soon enough.
Sponsored