SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Hello 6g! So I bought some Kooks LT and found a great deal on a VMP near me. Have the headers at my house and picking up the VMP this weekend.

So my question is this. Can I install the headers and run them without a tune for a couple weeks before I put the VMP on? I am gonna order a Lund tune next week and include the headers on it.

Will I be causing any issues to the car without a tune? I do understand I will not be getting the best performance without a tune.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!:cheers:
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I personally wouldn't. Not for 2 weeks. Unless you granny it. I say just get the tune for it and play it safe.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Will you be running cats or catless? Might make a difference? I've heard you can do it but since you'll be getting a tune with your blower why not just wait and do it all at once since you'll only need one tune?

OP
OP
SynisterGT

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I got catted. I am having a shop do the headers and a friend is doing the blower install. Since I need to order a tune for the blower I would rather have the headers done.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you may get a code, but it should run fine.

if you need any help with the lund tune, let me know

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I got catted. I am having a shop do the headers and a friend is doing the blower install. Since I need to order a tune for the blower I would rather have the headers done.
Cool, I just added some catted Kooks longtubes to my 2009 Shelby and they're a good quality product. I believe like most others are saying you'll be aright. If you do it let us know if the sound is still somewhat civil....I'm thinking of adding a set of catted headers to my 15 GT Convertible but I'm a little worried about it being a little too loud since we use it as a company car...

OP
OP
SynisterGT

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Will do! Gonna call up and get it scheduled tomorrow, can't wait!
Sponsored