Sponsored

Has your '15 trunk lid scratched the bumber?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yes. But the rubbing should not be continuing since the body shop straightened out the entire rear end, which included replacing a taillight. Under warranty, of course.
Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Mine did too and trunk never closed on the first try. Raising the latch inside by 1/4" solved both issues.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Same here... I have it, but stated above, I made the rubber stop adjustment and it has not been an issue since.

Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
mines had that. ended up sticking one of those clear vinyls in the area to prevent further rubbing.
That's about what I was going to suggest too. Clearbra the thing to protect it.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
mines had that. ended up sticking one of those clear vinyls in the area to prevent further rubbing.
Can you post a pic of the clearbra, please?

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Thinking it was a line of dirt, I've found that the trunk lid has made a horizontal scratch line on the top of the bumper where the trunk lid closes. What I see now is a white-ish primer color instead of my deep impact blue. :doh: I knew there were fitment issues with the early S550's (hood, doors, fenders) but I never thought twice to look at the trunk lid.

Have any of you with a darker color paint noticed this? I'm wondering if the rubber "stoppers" are set to low and the trunk lid is rubbing on the bumper...

Thank you.
Yep l have it on the right>side. And no, not going to worry about it.

Sponsored

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same here.
I work in the industry, and I call tell you it's a shit overslam design issue.

Not sure what to do...

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have same Issue.. my bumper was replaced under warranty for something unrelated but I figured It'd be nice to have this Issue fixed as well..

New one still rubs, service advisor said the trunk may need to be adjusted VERY slightly, It looks like It's perfectly aligned.. :shrug:

Car goes In this next Wednesday they are going to diagnose my squeaky/creaking doors, rattles, A/C surging and when my wheel Is at full lock (making a u-turn etc) It sounds like creaking/cracking I live In a very hot climate and don't abuse the car, the parts shouldn't be wearing out already with low mileage... I get a loaner and hope they don't f*ck it up worse. :frusty:

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Yes. I noticed today and then searched and found this thread. Pretty bad especially on the left side. Will be taking car in.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yes. I noticed today and then searched and found this thread. Pretty bad especially on the left side. Will be taking car in.
you should try to adjust rubber bumpers...might be a easy fix.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
you should try to adjust rubber bumpers...might be a easy fix.
From the factory, the trunk lid was very badly aligned. the right rear was proud about 0.125 inch.

The dealer adjusted that last year to make it more even.

The interference is on the left.

It definitely looked like someone took a coarse file to the left edge of the plastic on the lid and did not remove enough. My guess is that was a kluge fix attempted at the factory.

It's in the body shop now for a fix. My guess is they will just grind down the whole lower edge of the lid
Sponsored