Sponsored

Has owning a Mustang had any major impact on your lifestyle ?

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Best decision I ever made! Not sure about anyone else but I catch more eye-rolling and nasty looks from my wife the more she see's me doing something around it. She likes to remind me that, as a garage queen, this car is unnecessary and a waste of money. Can't really argue but I 100% bought this 5.0 for me and no one else; so selfish but we had our first child on the way and I've always wanted a Mustang so it was a "now or never" scenario. I win.

Maaan, if she ever saw that I posted this...I love you, honey!!!

You can always have her pick between $40k Garage Queen or a $100k+ Garage Queen... I bet she would pick the mustang:lol:
Sponsored

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It definitely has made my commutes way more fun and general driving a lot more engaging. I've always liked driving; this just amplifies the experience.

But perhaps most importantly, my Mustang helped me get over a bad breakup. My confidence was kinda shot after that entire thing. The Mustang helped bring it back :)

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Owning a Mustang turned me into a homicidal maniac. I couldn't help plowing through crowds every time I left a parking lot, car show, gas station etc.

No owning a Mustang has not had a major impact on my life. It's a car..

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I enjoy my commute to work and back now. Well i enjoy when i get to hammer it. Before in my mazda 3, i was bored out of my mind. The car drove like it was bored, people were bored looking at it, the fuel it burnt was boring. I felt bored.

Now Smiles. But i might have made a mistake getting an auto and now switching to a manual. so is life.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Yes it has! I have learned to smile a lot lately.

Traded my Ruby Red 2015 GT . I just ordered a 2018 GT Premium 6 speed. I taught my girlfriend how to drive stick back in 1966. She became my wife and turned 70 two weeks ago. Now all I hear is when is the car coming ? I can't wait to drive it. Believe it! this lady can hang some gears.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It sure has. I have had 5 mustangs since I bought my first one. I know own 3 as of now. I also own a 2000 SVT Lightning. I have an addiction to performance cars.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
No More Aging!

Buying a Mustang and joining this forum has definitely been a blast for me. I love the idea of modding a car rather than trying to talk about ways to keep their cars in pristine shape.

It is so much fun to drive this car...even in the 2 hour commute home each night! The top is down...foot on the gas...hood pointed towards destiny!

Love it!

CVCashmere

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Life changed.

Yup, sure did, and my wife's too! She really seems to enjoy the firm ride with all of the added suspension mods more than she used to, not really sure why....:shrug:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My wife passed away early this year, and both of my parents passed away when I was younger. I'm only 33. The Mustang brings me joy each time I drive it after having gone through really tough times throughout my life.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yes having a Mustang has a big impact on my lifestyle. Never have I been more anxious/nervous to go on forums and youtube comments to see insults about my car being a V6.

Other than that, my Mustang brings me to places much faster than my 2014 Nissan Sentra ever did.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yes having a Mustang has a big impact on my lifestyle. Never have I been more anxious/nervous to go on forums and youtube comments to see insults about my car being a V6.[/FONT]

Haha, I've had to deal with that since I was 15 (have 00 V6).

I can't wait till I get the 18GT so it will significantly enhance my sexual performance. That's what V8s do....right?

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
YUP!

First mustang- 91 Fox- 12:5 1 compression 5.0 with solid roller cam, set off car alarms simply driving by the dealer. Lot of eye rolls from girlfriends, except 1 redneck firecracker who thought it was awesome. Several speeding tickets, spent nearly every paycheck on it- My first journey into the darkness of moddings affect on finances- probably not the best car for a 17 year old - still not sure how I did not kill myself in that car.

86 Mustang- primer gray-557 big block , twin quads, 11:5 1 compression, with 250hp dry plate Nitrous system. 4:30 gears -tubbed. Thing drank aviation gas at the rate of 5mpg. But it did wheel stands and women love wheelstands right?? Yeah. So my 18 yo dumbass self decides to impress the lady state trooper in the A&W parking lot with wheelstands... I don't even remember all the violations she managed to put on that ticket while her partner laughed as I awkwardly hit on her, sure I could get out of this with some casual flirting... Unrelated to the car, but I made it worse two weeks later hitting on a good looking sheriff taking her a cup of coffee-her partner thought it was hilarious too while she chewed me out about being a second choice.... Friggin sisters- thought her partner was going to have a heart attack laughing so hard.

87 LX 351 stroked to 427- holley fuel injection setup- impounded and sold off to auction after street racing with the girlfriend in the car trying to impress her.

2005 mustang-turbocharged, custom stage 3 cams, the works, nearly caused a divorce- was finally given the choice of the car or her and the kid. Well I was attached to the kid so the car went.

Current ride: 2016 Ecoboost, a few mods-loving it, missed the Mustang community, its nice having a car again I can just flag down beautiful women and ask them to pose with it.

So yeah:

Owning mustangs has left me:

Perpetually broke

Obsessed with speed and horsepower

In a community of fellow gearheads with similar interests

Helped get in even more trouble with women than I would have otherwise

Taught me how to appreciate driving for the sake of driving (got stuck briefly driving a Yaris.... Thought I would die of boredom)

Its also taught me to respect a powerful car and its limitations, mostly through a lot of trial and error which probably should have killed me when I was younger, pretty sure I went through a couple of guardian angels and sent a few more to rehab.

Mustangs have taught me how to pack a crapton of camping and camera gear with lighting systems in a car with no trunkspace
Sponsored