Sponsored

Has owning a Mustang had any major impact on your lifestyle ?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
What do we mean, "lifestyle"?

Since I was a kid I've always had something in my life that was a "happy" thing. Hand-made balsa airplane models, Daisy red Ryder b-b gun, the sweet girl in geometry class, my first car ('49 Ford), my skills as a photogrammetrist, group counselor, teacher, corner- and organizational race-worker and sports car racer, and my much-anticipated retirement. During all those eras I had one or another car i liked and had a romantic relationship with. I must admit the relationships have been a bit more intense with the six Mustangs, but no, in a very important sense, they haven't significantly changed my lifestyle. As a kid and as an old, experienced man, there has been, is, and will be something the mere thought of which makes me feel warm and happy.

flag0S.jpg

Rivrside International Raceway, 1960 Times Grand Prix weekend
Sponsored

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
If a car changes your lifestyle, other than just periods of joy, tracking or off roading and camping, (vehicle dependent) you better reevaluate yourself.

Don't get me wrong, a road trip, deciding to live on the road, or driving for a living is completely a different lifestyle. But if our cars are the only enjoyment and fulfillment we get out of life, we need to address that for sure.

My GTPP gives me smiles, adrenaline, and satisfaction for sure, but it's not the only thing that does.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Changed my lifestyle? No.

Shaped me and opened up things that I otherwise wouldn't have been into? Yes.

Because I owned a Mustang and was in a club I met my best friend and we've been best friends for over 20 years and also allowed me to develop other great friendships.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's one of my hobbies. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

That it's also my daily driver is really just a cost-savings.
Sponsored