Handling Package - not offered in 23

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I understand your thoughts, but I‘m curious what those extras from the the HP package really get you vs a a non HP car with a simple tire upgrade? As these cars will be primarily driven on the street, most would benefit from having two sets of wheels/tires anyways for the street vs track days.

I know folks say the HP car will be better on the track, but what does that really equate to in time advantage on the track? I haven’t seen any numbers from a pro type of driver showing a significant time advantage when using comparable tires…Id be interested in seeing that.

No worries in differences in opinion, but those extra coolers gives me a bit more confidence in the car from a reliability perspective.
I went for the HP mainly because of how sexy it looks(love the wheels). A non-HP can be made just like it but I just felt like the HP package was so perfect.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I went for the HP mainly because of how sexy it looks(love the wheels). A non-HP can be made just like it but I just felt like the HP package was so perfect.
So I went in to ford with the goal of ordering a fully loaded GB GT/CS. After building it out the way I wanted, the cost was 58.2k. The salesmanship poited out to me I could step in for a Mach 1 for a few dollars more. So I built one with every option but the HP. I liked the look but was never going to use the car on a track, dragsrip is more my thing. So for 2.7k more I got a Mach 1 without the HP. That 2.7k got me coolers and much nicer performing 10r80 and 20 extra HP and a Mach 1 which get a lot more conversations going vs a GT/CS. I've since added the GT500 gloss black wing and flap for a great look.

The 4.5k saved vs going HP covered half the whipple I just ordered. So I see it as a huge win.

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
When you want sexy buy the real deal - pop for the extra coin at the beginning on the banks dime, if you take a loan. Instead of coming out of pocket with your cash to catch up you can use on mods at a later date.

Or else it's like putting heels, and stockings on an Overweight Granny, or in other terms lipstick on a pig... !!! As I'm sure you understand a Whipple kit will trash your warranty. However a Rousch blower installed a at a participating Ford dealer WILL NOT ...

Take the air restrictor out of your 2022 or 23 stock CAI clamp on a better air filter, put a real X pipe on cutting out the resonator (makes for better sound and breath) Stock exhaust without the resonator is the nuts, no need for excessive Borlas or whatever. Then change your headers into some ARH long tubes with high flow cats and you should be sitting pretty with a naturally aspirated still warranted Mach 1 that sound like a BEAST and sitting at somewhere in the neighborhood of 510 to 525 HP... Don't burn your warranty let it extinguish on its own then hit the Whipple just my opinion. Other issue is most buyers on a resale want a stock vehicle. So if you ever have to the Whipple will hold you back some on a reasle if you ever have to.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
So I went in to ford with the goal of ordering a fully loaded GB GT/CS. After building it out the way I wanted, the cost was 58.2k. The salesmanship poited out to me I could step in for a Mach 1 for a few dollars more. So I built one with every option but the HP. I liked the look but was never going to use the car on a track, dragsrip is more my thing. So for 2.7k more I got a Mach 1 without the HP. That 2.7k got me coolers and much nicer performing 10r80 and 20 extra HP and a Mach 1 which get a lot more conversations going vs a GT/CS. I've since added the GT500 gloss black wing and flap for a great look.

The 4.5k saved vs going HP covered half the whipple I just ordered. So I see it as a huge win.
That's cool not mocking getting the non-HP. But in my eyes HP was the way to go for me, I wanted a slightly more special car made the way I want it for once. I had a 14GT had to keep adding mods to get it where I wanted, the HP comes equipped nicely. As Snakeyes mentions financing is done already at a great rate(at least for me), so I rather spend the cash on getting the whipple next or any other minor mods.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
That's cool not mocking getting the non-HP. But in my eyes HP was the way to go for me, I wanted a slightly more special car made the way I want it for once. I had a 14GT had to keep adding mods to get it where I wanted, the HP comes equipped nicely. As Snakeyes mentions financing is done already at a great rate(at least for me), so I rather spend the cash on getting the whipple next or any other minor mods.
I just saw the 4.5 to be used on somitting I really wanted vs something I didn't plus hearing everyone pending another 1600 for new tires didn't sound all that appealing either. I paid cash for it and got to keep my 9 sec 2014 as a bonus too!

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
When you want sexy buy the real deal - pop for the extra coin at the beginning on the banks dime, if you take a loan. Instead of coming out of pocket with your cash to catch up you can use on mods at a later date.

Or else it's like putting heels, and stockings on an Overweight Granny, or in other terms lipstick on a pig... !!! As I'm sure you understand a Whipple kit will trash your warranty. However a Rousch blower installed a at a participating Ford dealer WILL NOT ...

Take the air restrictor out of your 2022 or 23 stock CAI clamp on a better air filter, put a real X pipe on cutting out the resonator (makes for better sound and breath) Stock exhaust without the resonator is the nuts, no need for excessive Borlas or whatever. Then change your headers into some ARH long tubes with high flow cats and you should be sitting pretty with a naturally aspirated still warranted Mach 1 that sound like a BEAST ...
I have it confirmed, Whipple comes with warranty for 3/36K miles (on the car) for all drivetrain as long as you go stage 1 and have it installed by ASE certified tech. As far as I know whipple is the only one that offers warranty for the M1.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I just saw the 4.5 to be used on somitting I really wanted vs something I didn't plus hearing everyone pending another 1600 for new tires didn't sound all that appealing either. I paid cash for it and got to keep my 9 sec 2014 as a bonus too!
Fair enough, well I sold my HP tires for 950 so it made up for that cost some.

Bought it for 1K below MSRP when some folks were paying over 12K markup. So in my eyes I was cool with that extra HP cost. just my .02

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
There are several here on this site, that have orders being built soon...myself included....mine is scheduled for production the week of February 27th. Ford has had a tradition the last few years, of anything that comes with the Cup 2 tires, productions stops sometime in November and picks up again the first of May.
I think you meant March, right?

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Yes Sir Mach 1 - If you followed from the 1st post that I made it was about being able to spec out a HP package on a new 2023....? And how I wasn't able to do it sitting with a dealer and or trying to add it on the Ford build website.

Therefore the question was can you - ? or is the ability to do that off the board...? So far the answers are all over the board with the general concession being at the beginning of the order bank being opened in December and for about a month, however it is no longer offered as a matter of fact the order banks I was told by my Ford dealer ARE CLOSED FOR MACH 1 orders.

Then we got a lot of haters and half assed smart asses polluting the thread with their know it all mentality ...🙄🙄🙄

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
opened in December and for about a month, however it is no longer offered as a matter of fact the order banks I was told by my Ford dealer ARE CLOSED FOR MACH 1 orders.
The order bank for all 23 closed in early December. It's not a a m1 thing.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I sold an SS 1LE in September and picked up a used M1 HP 3 weeks ago. However, the M1 HP has PS4s, whereas the 1LE had the OEM F1s. If you still want thoughts I can PM you as to not clutter the thread.
Hey congrats! I am curious on how you like the PS4s with the HP? Are they factory sized or square? Thinking of going that way when I get my HP.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP; Prior:20 Camaro SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Thanks! yeah I got impatient 😅. Still very interested in what’s coming though.
The PS4S are good. Different tier than the cup2s but that comes with some positives. Factory sized size 305/315. I would either put these or DWS06 on instead of replacing cup 2s (or trofeo Rs). That’s just me personally because I’ll be lucky to get 2-3 track weekends in this year and next.

Hey congrats! I am curious on how you like the PS4s with the HP? Are they factory sized or square? Thinking of going that way when I get my HP.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Thanks! yeah I got impatient 😅. Still very interested in what’s coming though.
The PS4S are good. Different tier than the cup2s but that comes with some positives. Factory sized size 305/315. I would either put these or DWS06 on instead of replacing cup 2s (or trofeo Rs). That’s just me personally because I’ll be lucky to get 2-3 track weekends in this year and next.
Awesome! I bet you are thrilled. I have some experience with DWS06s, and I like them, but want to try the PS4S as well. I think that's what ill be replacing the Trofeos with. Share some pics when you have a chance!