OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I hate throwing the Corvette under the bus but in this case I will need to. I would like more info on the LT4 Camaro Ring car, I'm having trouble believing it's an LT4.

What is happening to the Z06 will likely be an issue in an LT4 Camaro. We can also see some issues with the LT1 C7 auto too.

The details on an LT4 Camaro are pretty easy to guess. Not much mystery at this point... None of it is really exciting except 650hp. These breakdowns are such a bad thing right now.

If we are lucky, we might get to see a big bad Mustang of some sort before the weather gets bad. Not too much time left but enough for a minute long video and some pics. Front and rear will probably be covered as will the hood and wheels.

Id say a newer Coyote and probably a Turbo/Twin now. It wouldn't completely surprise me to see them go single turbo GT500 (650hp) and an 800hp TT V8 GT500KR. The cost of a V8 with the TT3.5 treatment is about the same as the 5.8, probably slightly higher. Who knows how much $$$ the Coyote will save vs. the Trinity. It would be nice to have a 650hp soft version too :lol: Dual injection on a Coyote should be priority now. Hopefully we can see some Ring pics before the leaves drop...

Still working on the LT4 Camaro and the Ring sightings. I believe the car in the video was NA. I do not see a large heat exchanger up front or it has AC deleted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
There IS a supercharged Camaro here, not all of them were though.

[ame]

I mentioned in the other post that my sources said it rained. The first video looked clear to me, this video obviously shows differently.

My sources say the cars didn't put in the effort yet.

Either way, my Ring sources are strong. They even give me a weather report...

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Coyote single turbo 650hp is a cheap way making hp. Current coyote can handle 750hp with stock internals.
With 800hp tt i think ford going have to upgrade the internal. This could be all time King of the Road.

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
:ford:again the money that was spent on the flat plane crank motor,tells me it will be used somewhere else besides the GT350.just my thoughts.didnt FORD trademark ecobeast?that says something.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I just need to put this out there... because I find a lot of pleasure in it.

The ATS-V did awful at Laguna Seca. With a 1:40.1 and a 1:39.6, the Boss 302 Laguna Seca is faster at the same track WITHOUT Randy driving.

This is more in line with the performance I seen at some open Solo events. The ATS-V is NOT impressive. With a time like that, the GTPP has nothing to worry about.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I look at this from a different angle. What race category will the GT500 be targeting..
That is how you will know what engine.

What if it is not even a 5.0, but a 4.0 based on the 5.2 FPC, but with forced induction?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I look at this from a different angle. What race category will the GT500 be targeting..
That is how you will know what engine.

What if it is not even a 5.0, but a 4.0 based on the 5.2 FPC, but with forced induction?
With the absence of a supercharger, a T or TT V8 is permitted in a lot of GT and up classes. This could be the first ever true GT GT500 and could find purpose in GT and up classes.

I'd say the GT350 is pure GT but the 500 would be a nice entry level GT3 car. There has NEVER been a Mustang to rub shoulders with exotic cars... EVER... I would sh!t if this is the intention.

I would also like to see the GT500 take back up the Cobra Jet program too. It's a much wider possibility and the first Motorsport centered HALO Mustang.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That would be quite something...........certainly it's along the lines of what the European's are doing :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just don't see them putting a TT V8 into the GT500 while only a TT v6 into the supercar GT that costs 4-5 times more. That just wouldn't make much sense (the other way around would TTV8 in the GT and TTV6 in the GT500).

Also remember the GT500 and Ford GT shared an engine- the 5.4 supercharged; so maybe we will see a TTV6 GT500 afterall.

I still think we wont see the GT500 until 2017 as a 2018 model.

Lets not forget this little gem. TT 5.0 as an option. But I think this may have been more proof of concept then coming to any production car too.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I sure hope it is twin turbo setup. I was thinking a fpc twin setup would be awesome.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lets not forget this little gem. TT 5.0. Instead of the TT v6.

But I just don't see them putting a TT V8 into the GT500 while only a TT v6 into the supercar GT that costs 4-5 times more. That just wouldn't make much sense (the other way around would TTV8 in the GT and TTV6 in the GT500).

Also remember the GT500 and Ford GT shared an engine- the 5.4 supercharged; so maybe we will see a TTV6 GT500 afterall.

I still think we wont see the GT500 until 2017 as a 2018 model.

Im throwing money at my screen, why isn't anything happening?! Why is there no drool face. :frusty:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Lets not forget this little gem. TT 5.0 as an option. But I think this may have been more proof of concept then coming to any production car too.

This. That was a race setup concept as you can see by looking at the headers and turbo placement. OEM would put the turbos close to the heads/manifolds for both spool purposes as well as keeping the cats as hot as possible for emissions reasons.
Sponsored