Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The more that are in the wrapper, the less they will be worth. People sell them. People get tired of them sitting there and they cash out. You'll see a bunch every year for sale. Attainable for a reasonable amount.
Not sure where you get your data but you are not even close.

With only 278 HEP R's potentially for sale throughtout the year and with a very small percentage of those examples still available in the wrapper, don't hold your breath that people will get tired of them and that prices will start to decline year after year. :facepalm:

The 2nd generation GT350/R's were the very best overall drivers Shelby/Mustang ever produced and there is no question that the 2020 R's were the pinnacle of overall Shelby/Mustang performance over the last 55 years.

We will never see another generation of GT350R's that come with an ICE, manual transmission, NA engine, 2 seats, CF wheels, resonator delete and all their other cool aspects therefore the 2nd generation GT350R's will be sought after for a very long time with the 2020 R's leading the way.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Not sure where you get your data but you are not even close.

With only 278 HEP R's potentially for sale throughtout the year and with a very small percentage of those examples still available in the wrapper, don't hold your breath that people will get tired of them and that prices will start to decline year after year. :facepalm:

The 2nd generation GT350/R's were the very best overall drivers Shelby/Mustang ever produced and there is no question that the 2020 R's were the pinnacle of overall Shelby/Mustang performance over the last 55 years.

We will never see another generation of GT350R's that come with an ICE, manual transmission, NA engine, 2 seats, CF wheels, resonator delete and all their other cool aspects therefore the 2nd generation GT350R's will be sought after for a very long time with the 2020 R's leading the way.
My data comes from being alive for over 50yrs and having many investment vehicles. Some winners, some not so much. "Never" is a strong word and a sure thing isn't always exactly that. It takes lot of effort and a good deal of money, time, and real estate to care for a car for many years and keep it in pristine condition. People sell, sometimes high, sometimes low.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Those 2 dealers are friends so I find it interesting that they both listed their cars together. I know for a fact he gave $115,000 on the 6 mile car.
Nice finds. They're optimistic. It will be interesting to watch this Heritage R market.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My data comes from being alive for over 50yrs and having many investment vehicles. Some winners, some not so much. "Never" is a strong word and a sure thing isn't always exactly that. It takes lot of effort and a good deal of money, time, and real estate to care for a car for many years and keep it in pristine condition. People sell, sometimes high, sometimes low.
Appreciate your feedback but if you feel that there will be an upcoming 3rd generation GT350/R coming out of the FRAP sometime down the road that would be equipped with an ICE, manual transmission, naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive, CF wheels/wing and in a 2 seat configuration then we are not even close to being on the same page.

Like you I have been around for a while and have been fortunate to have owned a Mustang model from all 6 generations therefore suggest that I have a pretty good feel for the past, present and future market value of a 2020 HEP R which is of course is the end of the road for our GT350's as we presently know them.

I certainly understand all the challenges that is required to sustain a car for many years as my son and I sold our 1969 1/2 AMC SC/Rambler after ~23 years of ownership therefore comprehend what it takes to keep a cool and rare vehicle for a long time.

As you mentioned some rare and very desirable HP vehicles may ultimately sell low with some selling high but you can bet that a low mileage and pristine kept 2020 Shelby GT350 HEP R example will not be selling on the low side (short or long term) and for anyone to suggest that is only kidding themselves.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Appreciate your feedback but if you feel that there will be an upcoming 3rd generation GT350/R coming out of the FRAP sometime down the road that would be equipped with an ICE, manual transmission, naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive, CF wheels/wing and in a 2 seat configuration then we are not even close to being on the same page.
I for one would be utterly amazed if Ford doesn't come out with a fantastic manual transmission ICE vehicle in the S650 generation. It might not wear the Shelby nameplate, but you can bet Ford isn't going to go the next 8 years without giving the ICE cars one last hurrah. And that car will be the car that everyone pines for a couple decades down the line. Ford isn't stupid, and this isn't the 1970's. There will be more amazing cars.

Again, I say none of this to disparage the GT350/R. Having driven one, they are very cool cars. But for whatever reason it irks me to read people pretending that they are somehow the final greatest car that Ford will ever make. People felt the same about the 2013/2014 GT500 and they are still seen as really cool cars, but look where we are today.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I for one would be utterly amazed if Ford doesn't come out with a fantastic manual transmission ICE vehicle in the S650 generation. It might not wear the Shelby nameplate, but you can bet Ford isn't going to go the next 8 years without giving the ICE cars one last hurrah. And that car will be the car that everyone pines for a couple decades down the line. Ford isn't stupid, and this isn't the 1970's. There will be more amazing cars.

Again, I say none of this to disparage the GT350/R. Having driven one, they are very cool cars. But for whatever reason it irks me to read people pretending that they are somehow the final greatest car that Ford will ever make. People felt the same about the 2013/2014 GT500 and they are still seen as really cool cars, but look where we are today.
Agreed that Ford will continue to build faster, quicker and better handling Mustangs but when the S650 Mustang launches for the 2023 MY it will no doubt be powered by some sort of ICE/hydrid configuration and will not be powered by just a lone ICE.

Whether it comes with a manual tranny, automatic tranny or DCT remains to be seen?

At the time the 2013/2014 GT500's were great cars back then and still are but electrification was not even close to be considered back then compared to where we presently stand.

There is a reason that the 2nd generation Ford GT and 2nd generation Acura NSX will end after 6 years of production with the final 2022 MY with no announced plans for a 3rd generation Supercar at this time, but when they do launch a new model I understand that at least one of those two models is expected to be fully electrified.

Cadillac is doing much the same thing with the current 2022 CT5 V-Series Blackwing with it being possibly the very last HP sedan (668 HP) that still comes equipped with rear wheel drive, carbon ceramic brakes and a manual transmission option.

My point is that things are changing very quickly in the automotive world with the 2023 MY being a big part of that transition.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Federal emissions and social outcry for more green vehicles have more influence than you think. Who knows what's coming, but we are reaching the end of pure big block V8s...... very near.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
In 2019 when I started to seriously consider GT350R ownership, I thought that this *COULD* be the last large displacement + naturally aspirated + manual transmission car Ford will put out. It’s seems with every passing day since we have inched closer to that eventuality…

I think it will likely be up to Porsche to carry the manual transmission torch until it is completely regulated out of existence.

The fact that these sports cars also have a bespoke engine never seen before and never to be seen again only adds to the charisma of the GT350R.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
For those saying Ford will do another high horsepower na car ....please see the thread in general forums where Ford just had to detune the current mach and gt by 10hp to meet new standards...

Thinking this is just the beginning....

There will be special edition but none as special as the voodoo

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
For those saying Ford will do another high horsepower na car ....please see the thread in general forums where Ford just had to detune the current mach and gt by 10hp to meet new standards...

Thinking this is just the beginning....

There will be special edition but none as special as the voodoo
I get it...and inside (well I guess I'm saying it, so it's not inside lol) I do want this to be the last and coolest era. Selfishly making the 2020R the last cool N/A car from Ford... Realistically though...while the 350 and 500 are awesome, I don't think Ford will miss the opportunity to "market" a last of breed special Mustang and I think they have time to do it. There have already been patents such as the one for active aerodynamics applied for by Ford.. Now some of this stuff never makes it to a car...and we don't know if perhaps they plan to use this for EV cars (think about how much aero will play a role in future EV track performance) or a last full-effort ICE Mustang. I think there's time and too much money to be made - I predict something else in the pipeline.

SVT Cobra please ;)

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
SVT Cobra would be awesome… and surely Ford will not miss the opportunity to have us clamoring over the last of the ICE high performance Mustangs with gobs of power…
but what is not likely is a manual transmission or a n/a engine for that swan song.

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
I certainly understand all the challenges that is required to sustain a car for many years as my son and I sold our 1969 1/2 AMC SC/Rambler after ~23 years of ownership therefore comprehend what it takes to keep a cool and rare vehicle for a long time.
One of my favorite cars of all time. You best like red, white and blue! I had a Sunbeam Tiger for over 20 years. I agree it isn't easy.
Sponsored