GT350R Heritage

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yeah, Ford made a killing on the $1,965 HEP option which by the way did come with different paint namely Wimbledon White instead of Oxford White! :facepalm:

If you want to talk about Ford making a killing on an option how about the $10,000 option for painted OTT stripes for the 2 seat CFTP, now that was a real deal for all those enthusiasts that wanted that very cool option.

Not sure why so many people seemed to be concerned with many of the 278 regular production HEP R's fetching much more than MSRP as it is really not any different than many other 2020 R's that came in much different colors such as Shadow Black or Twister Orange.

Were there not two 2020 Shadow Black R's that sold recently for just over $110,000 and just last month a Twister Orange 2020 R sold for $112,000?

Let's face it, pretty much any color of 2020 R model is very desirable these days and especially those low mileage examples which are being sold for well over MSRP and that just happens to include the HEP R's as well.

Could Ford have done more when it comes to improved performance for the 2020 HEP R's, obviously not.
That’s my point though, there are several individuals on this thread that seem to believe the HEP package adds like $20k+ in value over other 2020 GT350Rs, and I think that’s insane. I think it was a great package and had I been able to order a 350/R I would likely have gotten it, but as you note it doesn’t change all that much about the car.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That’s my point though, there are several individuals on this thread that seem to believe the HEP package adds like $20k+ in value over other 2020 GT350Rs, and I think that’s insane. I think it was a great package and had I been able to order a 350/R I would likely have gotten it, but as you note it doesn’t change all that much about the car.
Nope. That’s just your opinion… the reason some on here wouldn’t let theirs go for the same as another R is simple… personal desire.

if I sold my HEPR tomorrow because I got an offer I couldn’t refuse, then 2 weeks later had the itch to get in another 2020 R, the chances that I would land a non-HEPR are much greater than if I could land a HEPR, and even then, the price factor comes into play. That’s simple logic, which has been proven by the BAT sales.

May be just another R with WW and GB stripes, but good luck getting one, especially at the current non-HEPR going rate.

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nope. That’s just your opinion… the reason some on here wouldn’t let theirs go for the same as another R is simple… personal desire.

if I sold my HEPR tomorrow because I got an offer I couldn’t refuse, then 2 weeks later had the itch to get in another 2020 R, the chances that I would land a non-HEPR are much greater than if I could land a HEPR, and even then, the price factor comes into play. That’s simple logic, which has been proven by the BAT sales.

May be just another R with WW and GB stripes, but good luck getting one, especially at the current non-HEPR going rate.
Actually, for a 2020, the odds are much higher that you'll find an HEPR..

Edit to add - that is if you can find any Rs at all. Lowest inventory I've seen - but 2/4 that came up on autotrader were HEPR...none with a realistic price.

Last edited:

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
People just don't seem to understand what raises value. It's more demand then supply. And 280 units for a HEP R IS mega rare. Just because there are fewer of X color with X option means just one thing...there were just a handful of people who wanted that product.

The reason HEP R's are a premium is because they didn't make enough for demand, what it stood for and where it sits inside of Ford history. Yes, we all understand it's paint/stripe/chassis designation...but it's the 'sign' that the end of the road was there...and people wanted it...and still do.

Do you think a HEP-R with exactly the same spec as the Orange Fury 233-mile car on BaT would have brought more money? Of course it would have. If you agree then you have to ask yourself why. Anyone could have waltzed into their Ford dealer and ended up with that car in 2020 through pre-order. Ford would have made as many as they had orders for. Not so with the HEP-R.

Demand. It's what drives price - no mater what we think of the product.

Sponsored

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
Untrue. How many HEP-R's do you see for sale at any given time? Maybe 1 at a real price. Counting one listed at $150K is foolish. EBay has the money grabbers right now with some listings but in 30 seconds I found 5 2020 GT350R's on Car Gurus. There are more non-HEP cars for sale than HEP cars.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
People just don't seem to understand what raises value. It's more demand then supply. And 280 units for a HEP R IS mega rare. Just because there are fewer of X color with X option means just one thing...there were just a handful of people who wanted that product.

The reason HEP R's are a premium is because they didn't make enough for demand, what it stood for and where it sits inside of Ford history. Yes, we all understand it's paint/stripe/chassis designation...but it's the 'sign' that the end of the road was there...and people wanted it...and still do.

Do you think a HEP-R with exactly the same spec as the Orange Fury 233-mile car on BaT would have brought more money? Of course it would have. If you agree then you have to ask yourself why. Anyone could have waltzed into their Ford dealer and ended up with that car in 2020 through pre-order. Ford would have made as many as they had orders for. Not so with the HEP-R.

Demand. It's what drives price - no mater what we think of the product.
2020 was not the highest or lowest production number year for Rs... Looks like 2020 will be higher by at least 250 than 2016, which was 526. You assertion that they made less of other colors because they were less desirable or to make room for HEP-Rs doesn't really hold water.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Show me a 2020 R HEP that has sold for $135k+. BAT for extreme low mileage 350R have been just over $100k.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/for-sale-2020-gt350r-heritage-edition.160760/
Good luck finding that data, bud. You wanna find it, go ahead. Only a handfulla HEPRs have changed hands and getting access to that data is going to be work for you to find out. I don’t care to know, as I “opinionate” (key word here) mile-for-mile the HEPR will command over a non-HEPR, unless it’s a 2015.

@Carpenater sold his for what he wanted at the time. That didn’t mean his price reflected the going rate, just what he wanted. Look how quick he got a reply due to his modest asking price. I personally know of one that exchanged hands for higher, but it’s not my privilege to divulge that person’s info.

I’ll leave this right here… @rush0024 has been doing diligent work in following BAT. His records are well-kept and prove the 2020 R demands a premium. The only thing his data doesn’t reflect is a HEPR, cause none of them have public data that I have seen.

2311BCBF-3CCA-40A1-A3CA-9FEFC8EC2DB8.jpeg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Untrue. How many HEP-R's do you see for sale at any given time? Maybe 1 at a real price. Counting one listed at $150K is foolish. EBay has the money grabbers right now with some listings but in 30 seconds I found 5 2020 GT350R's on Car Gurus. There are more non-HEP cars for sale than HEP cars.
So ebay is not valid because it doesnt agree with your thinking, I guess. Both 2020 GT350Rs on ebay are HEPR - and yes, money grabs but so is everything right now.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...r&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Model%20Year=2020&_dcat=6236

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...teBanner=false&sortBy=relevance&numRecords=25

2 out of 4 are HEPRs in the entire country. Maybe my search is wacked.

What all this is showing me though is how few R models really are for sale right now, compared to last year. Crazy.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Edit to add - that is if you can find any Rs at all. Lowest inventory I've seen - but 2/4 that came up on autotrader were HEPR...none with a realistic price.
I said “chances”… not “odds”. The terms are very different… and, you proved my point with your edit.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I said “chances”… not “odds”. The terms are very different… and, you proved my point with your edit.
I'm aware - since we are down to semantics - you said the chances of finding a non-HEPR were "much greater" than finding an HEPR which implies odds at less than 50% to find the HEP car. Looking at just BAT, maybe - but overall, the data doesn't support this.

I'm just screwing around anyway. This is nothing to argue over. I only said that they made a lot of that color for 2020Rs which makes them someone likely to be spotted in the future...if anyone drives them ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm aware - since we are down to semantics - you said the chances of finding a non-HEPR were "much greater" than finding an HEPR which implies odds at less than 50% to find the HEP car. Looking at just BAT, maybe - but overall, the data doesn't support this.

I'm just screwing around anyway. This is nothing to argue over. I only said that they made a lot of that color for 2020Rs which makes them someone likely to be spotted in the future...if anyone drives them ;)
Ahhhh, being a little bit trivial. Lol. “Spotted” is a lot different from the intent of the OP in this thread. I’m sure spotting one isn’t going to be that hard… in fact, I’ve seen only one other R at our Cars N Coffee in Mt Pleasant SC and it was a Shadow Black w/ OTS.

I’ve even seen a non-R Heritage GT350 at the same show, along with 2 or 3 other non-heritage GT350s.

I’m sure in southern FL, you may see more than one HEPR at an event, since there were 3 or 4 of them residing there.

I drove past a few Ford dealerships in June to present and I’ve seen multiple 2020 R’s, just no HEPRs.

As for semantics, look up the definitions of chance and odds… they’re not one in the same, so semantics is being a little flirtatious with reality.

I said, chances of finding a HEPR for sale are likely less, and I even then put stipulations on the search. Now, yes, you may find 1 or 2 HEPRs for every 3 or 4 non-HEPRs, but at what cost comparo?

However, I do happen to recall a 2020 Iconic R listed in one post on here as available for $120k. Now, why would you ask that when the OF 2020R just sold for $112k on BAT with fewer miles? What makes your IS R more valuable given that it has more miles and has the “odds” that one could purchase an IS over a OF?

I’m just screwing around with you Jeff…

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am not sure who those members are that think that the HEP R's are worth some $20K over and above any other 2020 GT350R's as that is certainly not the case based on selling prices over the last few months.

The HEP R's are very cool optioned cars but so are all the rest of the 700+ R's that were produced for the 2020 MY.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ahhhh, being a little bit trivial. Lol. “Spotted” is a lot different from the intent of the OP in this thread. I’m sure spotting one isn’t going to be that hard… in fact, I’ve seen only one other R at our Cars N Coffee in Mt Pleasant SC and it was a Shadow Black w/ OTS.

I’ve even seen a non-R Heritage GT350 at the same show, along with 2 or 3 other non-heritage GT350s.

I’m sure in southern FL, you may see more than one HEPR at an event, since there were 3 or 4 of them residing there.

I drove past a few Ford dealerships in June to present and I’ve seen multiple 2020 R’s, just no HEPRs.

As for semantics, look up the definitions of chance and odds… they’re not one in the same, so semantics is being a little flirtatious with reality.

I said, chances of finding a HEPR for sale are likely less, and I even then put stipulations on the search. Now, yes, you may find 1 or 2 HEPRs for every 3 or 4 non-HEPRs, but at what cost comparo?

However, I do happen to recall a 2020 Iconic R listed in one post on here as available for $120k. Now, why would you ask that when the OF 2020R just sold for $112k on BAT with fewer miles? What makes your IS R more valuable given that it has more miles and has the “odds” that one could purchase an IS over a OF?

I’m just screwing around with you Jeff…
Thanks for the English lesson.

Well... I DID look it up and there is a higher percentage of HEPR cars compared to any other color so I don't even know what to say to you. Rapid was 2nd...but it hardly matters because there are SO few Rs available, it's not even funny. Statistically, you have a better chance of seeing a HEPR ANYWHERE, not just Florida, as opposed to any other 2020 color. (final numbers arent out but I say this with the belief that Wimbledon was top produced color for Rs in 2020..)

and for $120k - I know that you understand that this was said with no realistic expectation that price would be achieved...but you've brought it up a couple of times now. Getting old.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I am not sure who those members are that think that the HEP R's are worth some $20K over and above any other 2020 GT350R's as that is certainly not the case based on selling prices over the last few months.

The HEP R's are very cool optioned cars but so are all the rest of the 700+ R's that were produced for the 2020 MY.
I've tried to slow my roll with regards to price estimates as there are so few examples out there. My remarks are more related to what they could have done and the fact that there are quite a few of this color - and to the OP, just meant that he should continue to see them for sale. It's not like he had his heart set on a race red 2020 only - because then he might be up for a real challenge. As with anything, it's worth what someone will pay for it and if the OP wants to loosen up the purse strings, he should be able to obtain the Wimbledon car he wants at some point.
Sponsored