Sponsored

GT350 renderings

Diesel

That more aggressive hood and fenders is exactly what this car needs. I would make a few changes to the lower fascia but otherwise looks pretty ace to me. I hope they muscle it up for the HiPo and not just add a few scoops/vents/badges.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Here is a little clearer pic of the render that OP posted. Its pretty understated which is what I would expect from SVT. Leave it to the aftermarket tuners to really go nuts on this car.

mustangorderbank3.jpg
Shelby GT350 C&D.jpg

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Looks good to me. I will take a twin turbo 5.5L version, call is a gt500 and give me 700 from the factory!!!

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Looks good to me. I will take a twin turbo 5.5L version, call is a gt500 and give me 700 from the factory!!!
That would be nice, even better if Ford sticks with a classic displacement, like 351 which is doable in the Coyote V8 footprint, but maybe on the extreme end of poking, stroking, and sleeving the block. JPC did it!

Sponsored

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Just read that article: 550 na hp at 8000 rpm and mentioned flat crank, hmm maybe the writers are reading too many mustang forums themselves.
Uuuuuuhhhh - this is probably pretty close to reality. I can't confirm sources (multiple) or who I spoke with about this but I also heard 520hp-540hp flat crank and 8000 RPMS ALL MOTOR as well.
I also asked the question - why a GT350? Why not a GT500? The reply was who said Ford WASN'T making a GT500 too? I then thought for a minute and realized nobody said Ford wasn't making a GT500!
Just something to think about :thumbsup:

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Personally I don't like the hood scoop in the C&D rendering...looks too much like a Camaro SS hood from the late 90's.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hey JohnnyGMachine............good to see you on here again :)

Now that S550 is out in the open, and we've seen the GT350 prototypes, are you intending to have a crack at producing a new render? I, for one, would love to see it :)

For newbies that may not have seen it, here's the awesome rendering Johnny produced long before the camo came off S550 (I hope you don't mind me showing it off!)

attachment.jpg

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Hey cool, thanks for re-posting!
I probably won't take a crack at it only because I think the car is going to be unveiled soon...think at the New York Auto Show possibly? Is that still happening or just a rumor?
After talking with my "source", although I have no details at all, what was said was that nobody has gotten even close to what the new GT350 will look like - not even me - with photochops or concept renderings. The good thing I heard - and I believe this person has actually seen the car - is that the new GT350 is the furthest departure from the GT model than any other SVT has been from the GT version ever. Apparently it's really out there! Which is a good thing for the potential SVT Mustang buyer.
Don't want to derail but if all goes well, I'll be too busy finishing up design work on a 2015 Mustang for SEMA. for atleast 1 maybe 2 cars. Front 3/4 view is done and it looks awesome. Plan on sharing after May 1st. I'm pretty stacked up with freelance work now. I really like what I did with the GT500 concept and if I were to build one it'd look like that :)

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for the reply, Johnny...........completely understand it'd be a LOT of work for something that we should be seeing real soon. I hope the April (NY Show) rumour is true.......and I hope EVEN MORE that they also show it at the 50th Anniversary shows.....is it too much to ask for a GT350 to be shown in NY, Charlotte AND Vegas? Especially Vegas.........as that's where I'll be :ford:

Thanks for the snippets of info. I'm really excited to see GT350!

Really looking forward to your SEMA 2015, so be sure to start a new thread releasing info as soon as you can :thumbsup:

:)

Sponsored

Melino

Hey cool, thanks for re-posting!
I probably won't take a crack at it only because I think the car is going to be unveiled soon...think at the New York Auto Show possibly? Is that still happening or just a rumor?
After talking with my "source", although I have no details at all, what was said was that nobody has gotten even close to what the new GT350 will look like - not even me - with photochops or concept renderings. The good thing I heard - and I believe this person has actually seen the car - is that the new GT350 is the furthest departure from the GT model than any other SVT has been from the GT version ever. Apparently it's really out there! Which is a good thing for the potential SVT Mustang buyer.
Don't want to derail but if all goes well, I'll be too busy finishing up design work on a 2015 Mustang for SEMA. for atleast 1 maybe 2 cars. Front 3/4 view is done and it looks awesome. Plan on sharing after May 1st. I'm pretty stacked up with freelance work now. I really like what I did with the GT500 concept and if I were to build one it'd look like that :)
I hope your right that none of the renders so far are close to the actual GT350. I don't just wanna see a different hood scoop and side vents. I'd like to see a new fascia all together.

Johnny, will we see any of your design work for the S550 at the next SEMA? Looking forward to seeing it, anything you can share so far?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
I hope your right that none of the renders so far are close to the actual GT350. I don't just wanna see a different hood scoop and side vents. I'd like to see a new fascia all together.

Johnny, will we see any of your design work for the S550 at the next SEMA? Looking forward to seeing it, anything you can share so far?
I agree. All of the renders thus far look like someone tacked on scoops and spoilers to a GT. I'm hoping for as much differentiation as there was between the 2007-09 Shelby and regular GT

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
It's said to be the furthest departure from a Gt an SVT has ever been.
As far as exterior goes - We know it's going to have something going on with the hood...I'll place my bets on some sort of heat extractor hood. It looks as if we're getting a high winding V8 with a flat plane crank N/A so I'd guess the hood will have some sort of heat extractor vs. a scoop. There's also heat extractor/aero treatments on the front fenders behind the front wheels on the camo-covered prototype car. Probably a different rear wing, front fascia, rear fascia, rear lower splitter,wheels, and tail pipes.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
It's said to be the furthest departure from a Gt an SVT has ever been.
As far as exterior goes - We know it's going to have something going on with the hood...I'll place my bets on some sort of heat extractor hood. It looks as if we're getting a high winding V8 with a flat plane crank N/A so I'd guess the hood will have some sort of heat extractor vs. a scoop. There's also heat extractor/aero treatments on the front fenders behind the front wheels on the camo-covered prototype car. Probably a different rear wing, front fascia, rear fascia, rear lower splitter,wheels, and tail pipes.

:ford:<--HINT-->:ford:

Husker

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Doesn't the GT already have heat extractors on the hood, like the current models?
Sponsored