Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Mods........please move to the Photoshop area if you see fit, I just thought it might be nice to have a GT350 specific rendering thread :)

Anyway........just in case anyone missed Topnotch's post in the Magazine Cover thread, here are C&D's GT350 renderings :headbang:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the people who run Car and Driver are the biggest idiots in the magazine business.

We've clearly seen different wheels and brakes on the camo-ed SVT cars, yet C&D uses the 19-inch split spoke wheels we've seen on the regular cars and non-upgraded brakes.

crazyfastfreddy

^true but minor details and its still pretty sweet looking. :hail:

i wanna see a digital version of that render

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm beginning to think the people who run Car and Driver are the biggest idiots in the magazine business.

We've clearly seen different wheels and brakes on the camo-ed SVT cars, yet C&D uses the 19-inch split spoke wheels we've seen on the regular cars and non-upgraded brakes.

The wheels we've seen aren't neccessarily production wheels. I hope they are as they had a very aggressive look, but we've seen S550 mules running around with all kinds of wheels that haven't made it onto any of the revealed carshow models.

Sponsored

elstangman

Threads
Reaction score
That hood isn't that aggressive as I would expect from a Shelby. I know it's a render but doesn't look great.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
That hood isn't that aggressive as I would expect from a Shelby. I know it's a render but doesn't look great.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
The original '65 shelby that this car celebrates the 50th aniv of was a very very simple car that only had a tiny hoodscoop. Everything doesn't need to look like a roid'ed up hotwheels car to look aggressive. Same thing with "muscular" and people thinking the new car needs to be more of a slab sided brick to look muscular. I don't get it.

Little known fact: the 65 gt350 hood scoop originally faced rearwards like a cowl induction scoop and the car was actually faster that way, but they changed it for aesthetics.

Lexist2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STi
C&D "25 Cars worth waiting for"

Guys might be interested in this, just recieved my copy of Car & Driver and the 2016 Ford Mustang "Shelby" GT350 is one of the highly anticipated vehicles to wait for.

Article speculates it will have a flat plane crank(Voodoo engine, I know you guys have been on topic on this), rev to 8000 rpm, deliver 550HP, and mounted to a manual transmission and sending its power to a LSD!!!!!

Arrival Date and price: 2016/ $50,000

MODERATOR EDIT: Merged threads

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Just read that article: 550 na hp at 8000 rpm and mentioned flat crank, hmm maybe the writers are reading too many mustang forums themselves.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I would love for an 8000rpm V8. I doubt it's going to happen. I see the first above-GT model being FI.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The videos posted of this car testing clearly sound like a cross plane crank. IMO there is no way a flat plane crank will be used. How is Ford going to afford developing an engine for this car that no other vehicle in their lineup will use? Just does not make sense. A "roadrunner2" I can understand, and I'm guessing that some version of the car will have that type of power plant. It will be a 7500 RPM engine capable of ~500 HP. Anything more and Ford will go forced induction.

I think C&D must have recently gone to Colorado and toked up a bit too much!

-T

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The videos posted of this car testing clearly sound like a cross plane crank.
True, they do. But if. as DMV has posted, GT350 testing will continue through 2014, I guess there's a chance to prototypes may be running a placeholder engine..........or they may be trialing different engine options. Those options could include both CPC and FPC and they'll settle on one for production :shrug:
Sponsored