Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I thought Lincoln already went out of business!
Easy there, 65ffr, I'm the GSM at a Ford/Lincoln dealership. Lincoln isn't already out of business, but they're heading there very quickly. Just kidding! Lincoln sales are on the rise ever since South Park, Ellen, and SNL came up with their "marketing assistance" to Matthew McConaughey.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
This car is not going to outperform a Corvette by almost any metric, and performance:dollar is huge in this segment. There is no way this thing is going to be more than 55K the more I think about it unless they are going strictly for novelty appeal.

lapoune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
max
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, evo x, e46 m3, g55k
m3's also start around 60k...even 55k is a lot to ask considering the competition

In my mind base needs to be at least 10k away from m3 base...or it's just not a good deal anymore...

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
Some thoughts:
CFRP on the radiator mount is not expensive tech. You can see from the photos that it is a molded plastic with CF bits that are just part of the raw material mix. It's not like we are talking a woven CF layup with this part. The material cost will be marginally more expensive, but there really isn't any intensive labor going on, so I dont see much more than $100 cost added (and probably less).

The brakes are another unknown to me. Typically when I see a high quality, two-piece brake, I am used to seeing the steel rotor attached to the aluminum bat with pins and nuts. This allows the steel rotor to slide on The pins and compensate for the difference in thermal expansion between the two materials. Pictures of the ATS-V brakes show this clearly. The GT350 brakes don't seem to have this feature, at least not in the way I am used to seeing. Not sure if that means the brakes are inferior, superior, or just different to those you'd typically get in a well designed BBK (or on the ATS-V). But given how they differ from every other two-piece brake I've seen, I'm guessing there is some cost reduction going on here as well.

The real question from my perspective is the amount of cost required to allow the 8000+ RPM redline of the Voodoo engine.

Don't know a whole lot about the transmission, but it's model number is smaller than the one used in the GT500, so using common logic it must also be less expensive. After all, everyone knows that more = better (and therefore smaller model number must mean less expensive). :p

Anyhow, I think $50,000 - $55,000 staring with $10,000 to $15,000 of options is likely. Very similar to the current prices of the GT500. Also, I think the GT500 will end up being about $5000 more than the GT350.

-T
Good observation, I've been stating over and over again that the upgrades they made weren't incredibly costly. The CFRP isn't a very complicated mold to produce, or is it incredibly expensive. Also the BBK brakes are probably in the realm of 4-8k before being amortized across the model. Magnetic ride as mentioned before also is like a 1-2k stand alone upgrade. It isn't like they're aren't suppliers who manufacture this tech i'm sure ford just made some slight tweaks to call it their own. That leaves us with the motor, which is probably less than the trinity motor. Lastly, here are the costs of some vehicles in the market or coming. BMW f8x M 62 base, ATS-V estimated 55k base, Corvette c7 54k base, ZL1 55k base. Ford has always been known to offer better pricing also, some of these models are up marketed in comparison. So its illogical to have their middle model vehicle competing with these so I stand firm on 48-52k base.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Good observation, I've been stating over and over again that the upgrades they made weren't incredibly costly. The CFRP isn't a very complicated mold to produce, or is it incredibly expensive. Also the BBK brakes are probably in the realm of 4-8k before being amortized across the model. Magnetic ride as mentioned before also is like a 1-2k stand alone upgrade. It isn't like they're aren't suppliers who manufacture this tech i'm sure ford just made some slight tweaks to call it their own. That leaves us with the motor, which is probably less than the trinity motor. Lastly, here are the costs of some vehicles in the market or coming. BMW f8x M 62 base, ATS-V estimated 55k base, Corvette c7 54k base, ZL1 55k base. Ford has always been known to offer better pricing also, some of these models are up marketed in comparison. So its illogical to have their middle model vehicle competing with these so I stand firm on 48-52k base.
You are correct, Sir!

Sponsored

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Let's talk about "middle model". Are you just referring to price or, are say GT500s considered superior to say Boss 302 LSs? I have this weird thing about having to have the highest level of any particular model. Can't settle for a GT350 when there's a GT350R, 4 Series when there's an M4, a C7 when there's a C7 Z06 etc...

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
Let's talk about "middle model". Are you just referring to price or, are say GT500s considered superior to say Boss 302 LSs? I have this weird thing about having to have the highest level of any particular model. Can't settle for a 4 Series when there's an M4, can't settle for a C7 when there's a C7 Z06 etc...
I'm saying that a base gt350 is the middle model in the hierarchy. A base gt500 will be a tier higher than the gt350. Now, a gt350R model will be a different tier all together and could be priced differently. As a R model wouldn't be considered a DD in comparison and more so a dedicated vehicle. (This same logic applies to the LS vs. gt500 model as it is a more race spec boss not built for being a DD but a track purpose vehicle). In regards to the can't settle statement, I'm saying that Ford has to consider the vehicles on the market that aren't considered to be in its class and price it accordingly. Some people would prefer a fully loaded 4 series instead of a base M4 if they had the money to afford on of the two. That is why a base gt350 could also be a few grand above a fully loaded mustang gt premium.

EDIT, So in regards to your statement only looking at price a gt350 is below a gt500. Different styles of vehicles in driving dynamics but, saying a 350 will be 60k. Is only saying a gt500 base would be 65-70k just doesn't make sense. Now if the gt350R is true. A gt350R is the more performance oriented 350.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Let's talk about "middle model". Are you just referring to price or, are say GT500s considered superior to say Boss 302 LSs? I have this weird thing about having to have the highest level of any particular model. Can't settle for a GT350 when there's a GT350R, 4 Series when there's an M4, a C7 when there's a C7 Z06 etc...
For many of your examples there is a clear hierarchy. The 4 series to M4, the c7 z51 to c7z, and the ATS to ATS-V. However comparing the Boss 302 LS to GT500 (and GT350 to eventual new GT500) is a bit different. In the other examples, the higher end model takes everything from the lower model and amplifies it. And there is typically no significant change in the vehicles' intent. The GT500 however is quite different from the Boss LS or the gt350 in purpose. So it not quite that one is lower than the other, but rather that they fulfill different roles. The GT350 is the road course and twisty road weapon, while the GT500 is the straight line luxury beast. It may be just as fast (or even faster) due to having much more power, but it will also make some compromises (heavier due to added S/C for example).

For my uses, I'd want the M4, ATS-V, or Z06 over the standard version, but in the case of the Boss or GT350, I'd rather have one of those than the GT500. Sort of like preferring the CAmaro 1LE over the supercharged one.

-T

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
For many of your examples there is a clear hierarchy. The 4 series to M4, the c7 z51 to c7z, and the ATS to ATS-V. However comparing the Boss 302 LS to GT500 (and GT350 to eventual new GT500) is a bit different. In the other examples, the higher end model takes everything from the lower model and amplifies it. And there is typically no significant change in the vehicles' intent. The GT500 however is quite different from the Boss LS or the gt350 in purpose. So it not quite that one is lower than the other, but rather that they fulfill different roles. The GT350 is the road course and twisty road weapon, while the GT500 is the straight line luxury beast. It may be just as fast (or even faster) due to having much more power, but it will also make some compromises (heavier due to added S/C for example).

For my uses, I'd want the M4, ATS-V, or Z06 over the standard version, but in the case of the Boss or GT350, I'd rather have one of those than the GT500. Sort of like preferring the CAmaro 1LE over the supercharged one.

-T
And yet the GT500 turned a better lap time at VIR than the Boss 302 LS in Car & Driver's Lightning Lap.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Stumbled across this, not that Ford has released anything to my knowledge.

2016 Shelby GT350: Starting at $52,995

The 2016 Shelby GT350 won't be cheap. The current base GT, starting at $32,100, features a 5.0L V8 with 435 HP and 400 pounds of torque. While official numbers haven't been confirmed just yet, some folks over in LA said that the horsepower will be well over 500 and there will be about 30 more lb-ft.

What else to expect coming from the GT350? Well, as mentioned before, you will get a much beefier exhaust thanks to that 180 degree crank plane, compared to the current V8's 90 degree. This will help the Stang breathe a little bit easier with a small sacrifice in smoothness of the rumble. This V8 will also be getting a little thirstier, coming up at 5.2L.

If you plan on taking to the track, Ford has already upgraded the Brembo brakes on the car. With the track package to soon come with it, you can get an optional transmission and engine oil cooling system.

http://checkeredflagblog.kinja.com/r...-wr-1664232445

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Apparently there was a invite only preview event? Because the price and mention of the GT350R is popping up all over

I want to know what you get with the Track Package.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Are Shelby vehicles x plan eligible??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the dealership agrees to it.

X plan is completely up to the dealers. They don't have to participate. And if they choose to, they only have to follow fords rules. The mustang is not one they have to allow x plan pricing. Neither is special editions (including Shelby/svt/ford racing vehicles)
Sponsored