GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am also looking to see how this pans out, and know if you will need to upgrade your injectors - guessing you will if you are going to be bumping your rev limit up.

I have a new Cobra Jet IM I haven't installed yet because I am going to send it off to get ported but will keep an eye on this and might sell the CJ.

thanks for being the guinea pig
Sponsored

Tninl16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
To me it looks like it peaked at about 417whp and got the other 10 due to a spike at the end. Still solid gains, I like how it keeps pulling past 7000 Rpms.

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Trust me the 427 is correct this is the median of the three runs

sorry for the duplicate post..fixed

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darkhamr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Sandeale, nice results. Please confirm, did the baseline also have a Lund tune?

Alright first and foremost please excuse my disgusting car, but the dyno was my priority today.

The shop I went to has a notoriously low reading dyno (look at that tq..whew!), but it is a tuning tool, and my baseline and this run were done on the same dyno, using STD correction for both runs so as to keep as much consistency as possible.

Runfile 4 (baseline):

Steeda Restrictorless intake
X pipe
replaced stock mufflers with magnaflow (stock exhaust pipe)

Runfile 2:

Same as above with addition of GT350 IM and Throttle Body

running a Lund FF tune, but both runs were on 93

Here's the video:

Here's the Sheet:

Thats a peak to peak gain of 36 whp and a 56 whp gain at my current peak of 7500 rpm (thought I had it set to 7600), you will notice the car still making power so once I up the ante to 7800-8000 rpm the gains will be even more substantial.

You will notice no losses any where but gains across the board of 5-10 hp until 6k, so with that said this car needs longtubes to further utilize this manifold.........anyone want to donate or possibly sponsor a set (catted, as I do have emissions testing yearly here) so we can continue this research project...let's get this going...lol

All previous photos relating to this manifold are located at

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice results. wonder what can be expected with long tube headers and the GT350 heads added to your set up and a revised Lund tune???:eyebulge:
I may go this route and keep my car N/A.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Awesome results, just wish you could Maintain the beauty cover lol

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Was the baseline run with a tune installed? OP was not clear on this

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
yes the baseline was tuned as well (lund), also just received my first revision from lund for this setup and datalogs were made and sent in for further manipulation, but I will say I wish I would have waited to dyno until after the revision process, from bottom of the midrange through peak the pull has improved nicely.

If I can find the time I may go back for another pull on the same set-up once all revisions are complete, to establish a better baseline before headers.

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
skip the long tubes, do the 5.2 heads and cams lol

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Also, Lund has yet to specify the need for larger injectors(yet), I'll no more once he gets back to me after reviewing the logs.

And that set-up is on my longterm list of things to buy. I'm trying to maximize the current head/cam setup

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's too bad you don't have a bone stock baseline from that same dyno, I'd love to see the progress incrementally: stock, +exhaust/CIA/tune, +GT350, +LTs

Though I guess the more common upgrade path is LTs first[?] I guess it all depends, but that something I love about NA bolt-ons builds, it can be done a little at a time. Did the same thing with my Z06, intake/exhaust, then LTs, then tuned, then H/C and a retune.

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I wish I did as well...but I just spoke with Lund he recommends that I upgrade to 47lb injectors before throwing e85 at the car, he stated it was because of the HP jump after 6500 that has him concerned, because unlike the stock manifold that peaks at 6500, this one keeps pulling and runs the risk of running lean.

I will however continue to update this thread as parts are added.