Sponsored

GT350 CAI install on GT

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I'm not sure what the point of all of this is for no performance gained.
If you say so.
You nail it brother! :cheers: I also agree that this intake seals better than any other CAI due to being a Ford design. I honestly believe this will yield the same gains than any aftermarket CAI and with better fit and finish. Last night I added a vacuum port from my stock intake so hopefully the epoxy has cured and will be ready to install it today and upload the tune from Lund. I am very happy with the fit and aesthetics from this intake.
Just to clear this up, these have seen gains on local dynos. These intake do require a tune on GT to run, they have a 111mm MAF. They make the same power at JLT and Steeda's tune intake. But for $26 vs $350

Where are you all getting the no performance gain from?
Sponsored

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Well intake has been installed and tune loaded, and let me tell you it does have noticeable gains! You can definitely here the intake on hard accelerations and the car pulls strong. All in all I am very happy with the results from this intake and it was well worth the time and money spent. Thanks to all the guys that helped with a few tips on how to get it to work. I'm just waiting on the grill to air box snorkel to complete my install.

JimIII@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Metallic
We have tune files for the GT350 airbox with the stock Manifold. I like what you did with the sleeve so you could run the stock tuning but you will see more power with the sleeve removed and a good custom tune for it. We also offer the high flow replacement filter which is worth a couple more HP. If you need any help let us know! Call 732-780-0770

We also were able to make the GT350 air scoop fit by simply notching the panel it connects to fit.

JimIII@JDM

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
We have tune files for the GT350 airbox with the stock Manifold. I like what you did with the sleeve so you could run the stock tuning but you will see more power with the sleeve removed and a good custom tune for it. We also offer the high flow replacement filter which is worth a couple more HP. If you need any help let us know! Call 732-780-0770

We also were able to make the GT350 air scoop fit by simply notching the panel it connects to fit.

JimIII@JDM
Thanks for your input, I will be contact you when I'll need a replacement filter. I went with a custom tune from Lund and it is working perfectly. I have ordered the scoop and will be mounting it as soon as I receive it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
FYI, filters for this intake are the same as GT500..... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
I also picked up a few of these for $35 shipped each.
The MAF sensors are the same part number as my GT 8V2Z-12B579-A.

I believe the GT is 88mm and the GT350 is 110mm... correct me if I'm wrong.

Great write up... Will save me some thinking when I get around to my install.
:cheers:

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Dyno results are in!

Well I'm happy to inform that this CAI does work just as good as the name brand ones at a fraction of the cost. I put my car on the dyno last Sunday at CCC Motorsports and with my combo of mods shown in signature, my car was able to put down 427 RWHP & 465 RWTQ! I'm very happy with the results and will be looking forward to adding the GT350 intake manifold in the near future. There was another GT with similar mods minus the MAK Cat deletes but with a JLT intake and E85 tuning for comparison. He came in at 419 RWHP & 426 RWTQ
Dyno Chart 04 24 16.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
those are some high tq #s
I honestly don't know why they where that high. Even the guy at the dyno was surprised it was that high too. It sure does pull nice! :headbang:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So what did you do about the missing vacuum port?

Any pics of the completely finished install, or do the earlier ones pretty well cover it?

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
[MENTION=16477]El_Centenario[/MENTION] Nice numbers!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
That torque though???

5.Stock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eloy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
i just installed mine this tuesday and it is amazing lol im also on a FF tune with lund. install was easy and we added a vacuum line to it simple process.

also does anyone have a picture of the other part that connects to the grill? the one that didn't come with the CAI?

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i just installed mine this tuesday and it is amazing lol im also on a FF tune with lund. install was easy and we added a vacuum line to it simple process.

also does anyone have a picture of the other part that connects to the grill? the one that didn't come with the CAI?
When are you going to the track with it again? My wife wants to run again

5.Stock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eloy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
When are you going to the track with it again? My wife wants to run again
haha i will soon. i need to data log a bit and get some better tires before i go at it again. but dont worry you'll see me post on the FB group when im going.
Sponsored